Temp sensor (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Does anyone know where the temperature sensor the fiat one that tells the outside temp on the dash is on a 2018 built carthago, mine seems to be reading high by about 6-7 degrees so was going to change it can't be bothered with claiming under warrenty too much hastle so was going to change it myself
I know some vehicles have them in the wing mirrors
Forgot to say it's an A class

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It may not be faulty, I would expect it to either work or not work.
Chances are its the new position the converter has placed it in.... To close to the radiator or engine or maybe even because the engine bay is more enclosed.
Don't know where its usual factory position is but a favourite is behind the grill in front of the radiator where its out of the airflow.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't know where its usual factory position is but a favourite is behind the grill in front of the radiator where its out of the airflow.
Standard Ducato's it's in the LHS door mirror, but an A Class I would go with you, somewhere up front behind the front skirt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Standard Ducato's it's in the LHS door mirror, but an A Class I would go with you, somewhere up front behind the front skirt.

This may be correct as if I remember I think it reads faulty whilst driving I need to check tomorrow to see what it reads whilst sat on my drive

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
I had a similar problem on my 2019 mobilvetta, the o/s temp sensor was over reading by quite a lot and rose over running time. I found it under the floor between the chassis rail and side skirt on the offside just behind the drivers seat. The converter had used there own thermistor and after checking it there was corrosion around the thermistor.
Luckily I had the original fiat temp sensor supplied loose in the glove box swapped out and it is now perfect.
Cheers Andy

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
Temp sensor is in the offside mirror on standard Ducato’s the aerials are in the near side.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Mine’s just outside the drivers window..........I stick me arm out,wave it about,and say to the duchess Cor, its everso ‘ot out there. Hahahahaha.

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
In case its required here are snips from the 2016 converters manual. Faulty temp sensor will affect the climate control and the comformatic gearbox.

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Just been and checked the temp reading and it's correct whilst parked up 11 degrees I did wonder if it was ok when stood so this means it must be getting heat from the engine to increase the reading ??? So is the sensor in the engine bay as mentioned above

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just been and checked the temp reading and it's correct whilst parked up 11 degrees I did wonder if it was ok when stood so this means it must be getting heat from the engine to increase the reading ??? So is the sensor in the engine bay as mentioned above
Mine reads accurate when driving and stationary but will read high for 20min after stopping which is what makes me think it's up the front. On an A Class the converter could fit it anywhere.
I expect someone in the Carthago owners club will know.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Not quite the same but in our Peugeuot based Bailey, the temperature would read correct when stationary, but when driving, would increase until it reached the maximum then start again from the bottom. Cured itself when we had a new cab battery fitted. Temp sensor now behaves as normal. So maybe try disconnecting cab battery for 30 mins and see if this sorts it.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Had an email back from the carthago dealer they said it could be some where around the inside of the o/s/f wheel arch so need to have a look if it stops raining

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back