Telly Troubles (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I have a Cello freesat tv coupled to an Oyster Autoscew Sat dish, Having trouble to get the thing to work, tv has been checked , Cello its ok, but must be connected to the sat dish, Dish supplied now says the system has a decoder that reverts the signal to analogue. thus using the conventional aerial input. Does anyone have any experience of this problem with Cello?

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Not familiar with your kit but would ask the following:

Is the tv output from the sat decoder analogue or digital. Suspect it's analogue is the telly turner set accordingly and auto tuned.

Has the decoder got a scart output, if so don't have to worry about signal type or tuning.

Good luck

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not familiar with the latest Cello, but very few tv's have a Sat tuner built in..

First question.. Has it EVER worked ? Or is this a new set up ?

More usual would be ( from the dish down )
Sat dish
Sat dish controller
Sat tuner ( sky box or freesat ( NOT freeview )
Television

Is that how you have the set up ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Tv signal

Hi,
New to this so here goes, we have had this problem since about late October, no signal to watch tv with, can only get a sky channel and a couple more, looked into this further and found that it is because there is a new satellite up in the air - Astra 2e see this - http://www.n2yo.com/?s=39285 - apparently it is not going to be in proper operation until late Feb if were lucky. You will then have to get your sat dish re coded. These people are also helpful -mayennesatellite <mayennesatellite@aol.com> if you look at the www.n2yo.com you will see that it is over the Maiko Nat Park at the moment, you can find other info from here. Good luck, if you get it going let me know, But, no good getting it done until satellite is settled.:winky:

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Thanks for your thoughts, I tested the TV at home with the hdmi feed and the sat cable direct (sky) works fine. I think it is not getting the signal from the decoder, I sometimes get a channel listing but on selecting one nothing happens. I t was fitted by the supplying dealer, methinks I shall be paying them a visit, Luckily there is a good Brit Stop close by. Real Ale Pub !

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for your thoughts, I tested the TV at home with the hdmi feed and the sat cable direct (sky) works fine. I think it is not getting the signal from the decoder, I sometimes get a channel listing but on selecting one nothing happens. I t was fitted by the supplying dealer, methinks I shall be paying them a visit, Luckily there is a good Brit Stop close by. Real Ale Pub !

Hi

You say you tested it at home with the sat cable direct, I take it you mean the co-ax cable straight from the dish so that says that the cello has a sat tuner in it so you just need the sat cable co-ax straight from the Oyster box (not tuner/decoder) into the sat socket on the TV.

This is how our Oyster dish runs straight to the Avtex with sat tuner built in

Martin

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
As always with these posts it can be difficult to grasp the original posters gist.

We have the Cello travel master and yes it has a built in decoder

i) connect co-ax cable straight from dish to to tele.

ii) switch tele on (takes an age)

iii) press scource button on remote select Satellite and press OK

iv)Press quickstart on remote and be patient I have never known a slower tele. for searching

Assuming your dish is set properly to one of the satellites then something should happen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back