Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We usually head for Le Touquet which is 42 miles south of Calais. Further down the coast are Fort Mahon Plage and Le Crotoy.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Ferme de l'Horloge at Tardinghen.
Choice of places but we like the Fond de Sombre near Wissant.
Services at the Ferme.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Le Crotoy is good, but gets busy, certainly in the better weather, not sure about this time of year, but it is a big aire. Good choice of restaurants in the village. The picture shows about half of it.......

And it's almost exactly 50 miles south of Calais......................:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Le Crotoy.jpg
    Le Crotoy.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 38

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Can any one recommend an aire close to the A 16 roughly 50 miles or so South of Calais !!
Many thanks in advance !! Stephen.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If you go to le Crotoy 68 miles....109km from Calais port to Le Crotoy in the Somme /Picardie region...can be a bit scratty tatty...and not clean around the water bourne..if its working at all....but the town / village is very nice

There is always Embry that is closer to A16...47 miles...76km..from Calais.down the A24 then after Embry go back onto A16...small toll on the A24 ...or 56 miles..90 km down A16 .it is in the 7 valleys....you could come off the A16 at Bouloge onto a none toll road that is a good road that runs close to the A16 all the way to Attin..many motorhomers travel on it more scenic....Embry is a nice small village Aire Showers toilets very clean well recomended very Close to our village ......it cost 6 euros per night but you will save that just about not going on the toll......Stephen look in the french aires on the left hand side home page of MHF...it is in there recommended by two people who I recommended it to ...me I would come down the A24....are you travelling in the Dark.....there is a new aire at Wissant close to Ferme de l'Horloge at Tardinghen but with better access....this is 16km coast road.... to 25 km down the A16..from Calais also in the MHF french aires
Mel

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back