Tell me the best region of France (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
The only area we found unbelievably boring and would never visit again is the coastline around Arcachon. We went with the children , after 5 days we moved back up to the Vendee.
Did you climb the sand dune ? I was a lot younger when we did it. Haha

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I'm watching this thread with great interest and making a long list 👍😁😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
👍🏻 Re the Ale. Get yourself to Chamonix. My lad has a brewery and bar for that very reason. He’s been in France for about 10 years or so and just could not find a decent pint. His answer, make some. So he started a brewery (Big Mountain Brewing) and a bar brewing Ales. Obviously I’m biased but they are very good beers. He usually has a lager and wine on for the ladies as well as a dozen or so craft beers as well as more traditional ales.
I can testify, this is good stuff 🙃

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Nobody has mentioned the Vercors yet. Its the triangular mountainous region to the left of Grenoble. Steeped in tragic WW2 history, Its the bit of France that everybody forgets. Some nice balcony drives so be careful with the Moho.

DSC00787.JPG

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
For us, The Loire valley, chateaux, scenery and wine. The Dordogne and Bordeaux are good as well.

And if you use France Passion yes a lot of the places are free. Just buy a bottle of wine, some produce or cheese what ever they sell.
+1 for the Loire Valley, including some of the off the beaten track gems such as Montoire sur le Loir [Camping les Reclusages, Camping Municipal site] with free access to the Municipal Pool next door to the site.

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back