Tell me about your Eura Mobil please.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I like the way these vans are constructed with a double floor, and as I understand a fiberglass bonded body panels with no wood to rot.. and the ones I have looked at have always impressed me.. good attention to detail and with quality furniture..

So tell me the bad points .. (if any) what should I watch out for when looking at second hand models .. do they ever suffer from water ingress or dampness.. ?

How long have you owned yours and would you buy another ?

thanks in anticipation. :)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We bought ours nearly 3 years ago so already 11 years old when we bought it (2003 plate). It's great build quality and we love it but we'll have to stick with it (unless we win the lottery!) as can't afford to buy another van.

The only thing we've had done is to have spring assisters put on the front as it's a bit nose down but not a big problem because you can always use ramps. We only had them done because we know we have to keep this van and it just makes life easier not having to use ramps nearly every time we park up. Don't think we've had to use our ramps since we had them done.

Would we buy another one absolutely.

Denise

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
depends on which models in the range. the profila budget range can suffer from damp, at least the early ones don't know if they have sorted issues yet. but they were the only fully winterised van that was around that was practical at 3500 kg

The higher priced range like Aktiva, terrestra, Integra in a different league. terrestra one of my favorite vans but not cheap...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
We've just traded in our 2003 Integra 810 after 7 years of trouble free use. The build quality is exceptionally robust and after a valet the interior looked like new. the last hab check highlighted some damp in the floor under the shower. The only other problem was that at 4.5 tonne the 2.8 Ducato was a bit under powered. We fitted a Van Aken box which improved the situation somewhat but she still struggled sometimes.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
depends on which models in the range. the profila budget range can suffer from damp, at least the early ones don't know if they have sorted issues yet. but they were the only fully winterised van that was around that was practical at 3500 kg

The higher priced range like Aktiva, terrestra, Integra in a different league. terrestra one of my favorite vans but not cheap...

I've downloaded the 2015 technical specs from the Eura Mobil site, and as far as I can determine the body construction is very similar for all models.

example
Low-Profile
Profila
BODY
––Full-size lightweight double floor, insulated and heated
––Aluminium floor-wall connections, avoiding thermal bridge
––Flaps in floor with folding handle
––Lightweight floor panel with aluminium insert
––Woodfree FRP walls
––Coated FRP double floor
––Powder-coated aluminium roof edge section with sealed joint
––Strong body sills of powder-coated aluminium
––Roof, walls and floor made from FRP, fully insulated

I also like this Terrestra 650EB

at a smidgen under €57k at today's rate £43,691 Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
all I know is that when I was PX'ing my 2007 model @4.5 years old. the german dealer said, euromobil? they are all wet! I panicked and took it to dealer in belgium and had it tested again to make sure, it passed test with flying colors.
when I got to germany on day of PX it was damp all over the place (watched the inspection). dealer called euromobil to make sure 6 year warranty valid and deal went ahead at previously negotiated price.
dealer very annoyed though, and it was hit and miss on the day. was not a good experience at all! we thought we would be driving home with it with tail between or legs.... I watched their site and it came up for sale 3 months later and went quickly. I would have another but obviously not risk a Profila! Terrestra a lovely van oozes quality

when I see all these expensive UK CB's suffering problems at a few year in, with no proper warranty cover I do think myself lucky. this why I only deal with european vans.....:coffee:

did a lot of home work buying one PM me for details. I went to dusseldorf show as I always do when in the market for a new van. spoke to 6-7 dealers and 2 offered 17% I went for belgian one as easy to deal with and return to for yearly checks, when going on holiday. brownills only uk dealer at the time wanted 45k for just the van. I got one with high spec (factory order) with over 5K worth of extras for 34k on the road here:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Jim - if your looking new - the only official uk importer is Oaktree. However - they don't know anything about them and don't even hold brochures and price lists ! All they said to me was 'if you contact the factory and get a brochure then decide what you want we can get it for you ' (n)

Could do that myself!!! Anyway - I did contact the factory and had a brochure within days and their advice was to buy from a dealer in Germanyo_O

On doing a bit of research could only find good reports(y)

Not going for a brand new van ourselves now as the insurance (FT ) was horrendous for a new one (£4760 pa on a value of £115K:eek:)so may well be on Mobil.de in search of one at the end of the year - and the integra models are still on our list(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
4.7? Crazy!....…sure i have seen some posts with more resonable figures ;(

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
They told me they had a couple on FT insurance on a £180k van - £7400 pa and they paid it:eek:

Drop to £95k and it was £2k.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They told me they had a couple on FT insurance on a £180k van - £7400 pa and they paid it:eek:

Drop to £95k and it was £2k.

if you have your heart set on a particular model, just import it. Also if you get nearly new, that should drop price as well. 6 months old and 6000 miles on it and you forgo paying the UK VAT as well. I'm sure vat will rise after next election:cautious:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I've just bought a Eura Mobil Activa 820 HS
It's the big tag axle and its on a 59 plate.
I love it.
I've only drove it home from the dealers and haven't even been away in it yet but can't wait.
I did lots of research and was settled on a Dethleffs beforehand but after seeing this one, I was hooked.
The build quality is fantastic.
They've thought of everything it seems.
Mine has the double floor - I've crawled under and can go from front to back and across ways too, so storage is great. (Things you do when it's new to you!)
It's fully loaded however this does eat into the payload.
I asked the dealer what the weight and payload was when I was enquiring? And was told it was around 800kg.
My local public weigh bridge is on my doorstep so I took it there and it's more like 500kg.
However, it has 5 leisure batteries, auto sat, big bike rack, full length awning, air con on the roof and ISO-cooler, so all eat into the payload. Good that the dealer knew his onions (Not!)
My only gripe was trivial - it didn't have a spare wheel as standard and comes with a puncture kit. So I bought a spare wheel on eBay - so like I say, trivial really.

I'm sure as time passes and I've used it as intended, I will be able to comment on improvements and any faults but so far, I'm pleased with my choice and purchase.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Jim, if you are looking at quality second hand vans you know what you should be looking at. There is only one motorhome that is built to last for ever and its not a Euromobil, as good as they are.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@BreweryDave yes, poor show at Oaktree .. had a look on their site earlier.. not even one new van..
Jim, if you are looking at quality second hand vans you know what you should be looking at. There is only one motorhome that is built to last for ever and its not a Euromobil, as good as they are.

yes, indeed.. also being considered.. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Euromobil have always suffered from a lack of promotion/interest in the UK. They are relativily unknown here, but a quality product in Germany. Brownills must bare some responsibility as they were only interested in promoting and selling hymer. They built a reputation here well above there position in german market, all due to clever marketing, only possible because home grown product lamentable in comparison..... Euromobil were crazy to use them as main dealership.

Here people rather spend similar money on heavy old tech home grown vans that are no way as well built. Once you have seen the vans the quality pretty obvious. (with caveat re early profila's).what with a growing family and mortgage, was all I could afford at the time...should have bought a used terrestra:(

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
when we started looking for a MH 2 years ago for a long summer trip through Europe we decided on an A Class which pretty much meant Hymer so did a lot of research and went to see a number of Hymers but nothing really felt right. One dealer had both a hymer and a Euromobile Integra next two each other, both similar prices, age 2004, mileage and LHD.

We viewed the Hymer first and then the Euramobile and we were really impressed with the build quality and layout of the Euramobile despite being almost 10 years old it pretty much looked factory new.

The only issues we have had were the central locking packed up (Audi parts) and fixed by the dealer, the hab batteries were replaced and recently had to replace some rubber o rings that stop the exhaust rattling.

We needed a replacement lens for the rear light as I reversed into a very low pole and had a very quick response from the factory in Germany and contact with a UK dealer who had the parts within a week or so.

I agreed you dont see many here in the UK but plenty across the channel and we would definitely consider another Euramobile when the time comes to replace or upgrade.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
we have a 2000 model bought in July just been Portugal for a mth and done a couple of rally's storage is massive no rattles etc, 2.8td excellent build quality, no leaks/damp

would we buy another,

you bet:):):)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Dom Abbott dealer in Derby is advertising an Activa on Auto Trader if it's within budget?
I've read good reports about this dealer

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I bought my hymer from Don amotts, great service, even when I went back with an intermittent electrical problem that they sorted. They have a field down the road where you can park with or without electric to test out your new purchase.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for the replies and info about Don Amott's.. but that would be too far to travel .. would prefer to buy reasonable close to home from a dealer in either Suffolk (but not Marquis) or Norfolk.

Becks at Yarmouth are not too far and get good reviews, they also keep a good stock of continental vans, also Stowmarket Caravans who are quite close..

We haven't decided on make or model.. as Jan would like to drive it, would like to keep to 3.5t .. Chaz will be with us for a few more years at least 3 berth .. would prefer either a Merc or Ford chassis but realise that would severely limit the choice of vans.. so not going to make it a 'must'

so it's an open mind .. I have a few 'must have's' on a list .. and a few makes.. EuraMobil, Hymer, Pilote, Dethleffs, etc. etc. and @Snowbird , yes Dave, RMBs.. .. in fact just about any German or French make.. much will depend what is available when we are ready to buy ..

At one point we were set on buying a PVC but have decided against them .. for us, the cons outweighed the pros.. great for touring for a couple, but a tad small for three adults and two dogs..

So it has been good to take our time.. if we had rushed in we could have bought the wrong type of van.. and who knows, once we start looking we could buy something totally different... but it won't be another gas guzzler.. ;)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim - I can vouch for Becks.

They are a nice crowd down there and honest.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You know very well my opinion on the profila range..that is the exact same model van I had, but with lots of extras (5K worth). bought it new for 34K in belgium, one hour drive from Calais in 2007. and nearer then brownills who wanted 45 K for the same with nothing extras on it:censored:

stick with Aktiva - Terrestra models if you want a Euromobil IMO

as for the ford 130 base, I didn't like it, noisey, soft suspension, horrible handling, poor fuel consumption, due I guess to the enormous overcab bed which was biggest in its class at the time. Heavens above......Fiat in a different league!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2015
Nr Wick at the top of the Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Euramobil coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
we have a 5 berth euramobil on a 1998 fiat ducato 2.8 idtd base, the camper itself is awesome and we love her, the set out is perfect for us and the only thing i struggled with was the height of the main accommodation door to get in and out, being completely un coordinated i fell down the regular steps several times (and yes I was sober lol) and now have resorted to two fold up steps , We considered upgrading this year but after looking at other vans decided we liked ours more lol, The main thing i didnt like about this vehicle is that the renown problem with ducatos struck and the 5th gear and synchro went costing us £800 for the parts and we had to replace them. now she is all back on the road, we have had her for three years now and has always been lovely and dry and warm, like i said we wouldnt part with our girl Molly!

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
I have the Profile 580 2008 and have only had one problem with the Heki roof window leaking, now fixed. I spent 3 months living in it in Scotland, Jan to March last year and was warm and cosy. Bed is very comfortable with electric blanket. When I read complaints of Moho's rattling in transit, I am always surprised as mine doesn't rattle at all. I did a lot of research before I bought it and I read that the build quality was as good as or better than Hymer whose reputation at the time was better than the reality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back