Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Hi

Going soon to Portugal. What is the best way that we can get Brit television? Mrs Happy Dog can get a bit funny when starved of Strictly Come Dancing!
I have read about VPN address but do not really understand it? Does 'My Expat Telly' really work and will campsite wi fi be strong enough?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you use normal programs there and look for english language through the settings . you may find there are loads of english speaking programs . if you want actual uk tv then you may miss out . last winter we got loads of english speaking ones but that was spain .
my mate the year before got loads as we travelled through portugal.
neither of us use sat ariels just caravan ariels .
since the move to diggi its got easier .

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Yes it really does work - we use it when we are in Crete. Don't know if the campsite wi-fi be strong enough to allow to watch in real time but you will have access to BBC i- player so you could download your progs when there are not many people connected on the site.....................in the middle of the night maybe!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alanvm64

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Elddis Sunseeker 130
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
If you have Internet connection on site, download FILMONLIVE App for the Ipad or search on Google, you can watch all the UK TV Channels live, works for us on our travels abroad, we are in Spain at the moment, works on a 3MB link fine.

Karen and Alan

alanvm64

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Elddis Sunseeker 130
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry meant to say also works on my laptop, wife has Ipad.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi

Going soon to Portugal. What is the best way that we can get Brit television? Mrs Happy Dog can get a bit funny when starved of Strictly Come Dancing!
I have read about VPN address but do not really understand it? Does 'My Expat Telly' really work and will campsite wi fi be strong enough?
Well were in Bonterra Park , Benicasim on the coast north of Valencia and from the egg heads here their all running 1.25 - 1.50 mtr sat dishes with SKY digiy boxes or freesat which they claim is the only way to pick up the UK channels, most of motorhome dishes fitted to the roofs are unable to pick up SKY OR FREESAT ...not my words but theirs!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Has anyone got any idea how we can tune in to Portuguese television? Have been in the country for over a week and have not been able to sync into any channels at all. Have tried Digital and Analogue.
It is the only country were this has happened to us.
(Local free-to-air to is what we are after.)
Cheers

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi, portugal uses the mpeg4 format, the same as in southern ireland,if your tv was bought in the uk it will have a mpeg 2 tuner thus you will not be able to tune any stations,we winter out every year in portugal and you can get around the problem by spending €10·00 on a digital box from the nearest chinese tat store or €20·00 from a pingo dolce or intermarcher store.
There are a lot of English/American programms broadcast and nearly always a film between 9 and 10 pm.hope this helps
Andy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back