Telescopic ladders (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
1/2 price telescopic ladders on offer at Maplins.

2.9mtrs extended
0.79mtrs callapsed
10 rung
150kg max load
8kg in weight.
£49.99

Look ideal for those 'just out of each' jobs around the van and home and weight next to nowt.

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It got one from a car boot sale (new) for £45 which is 3.2m, has come in very handy so far and much easier than trying to (wo)manhandle a 'fixed' length ladder around especially in my conservatory! :Eeek:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It got one from a car boot sale (new) for £45 which is [HI]3.2m[/HI], has come in very handy so far and much easier than trying to (wo)manhandle a 'fixed' length ladder around[HI] especially in my conservatory![/HI] :Eeek:

you must have a hell of a tall conservatory...:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Ive bought when they were on offer in November last year, to be honest whilst I thought ideal for the van which it is I use for work as well

Cheap

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It got one from a car boot sale (new) for £45 which is 3.2m, has come in very handy so far and much easier than trying to (wo)manhandle a 'fixed' length ladder around especially in my conservatory! :Eeek:

you must have a hell of a tall conservatory...:ROFLMAO:

Well, it is nearly 3 metres at the peak! :thumb:

Attachments

• i.JPG
    i.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 38
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 32

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
my ex wife was looking at them a few years ago and was working out how to collapse them she manged to press the 2 button things, ladder folded up it was in slow motion rung by rung it got shorter it was a double thumb job, you shouldnt laugh:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but both my legs went I had to drag myself self round the corner to another aile
she had both thumbs trapped black and blue

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Some newer ones have finger protectors so that your fingers only go blue when trapped.

The onei have from maplin is ok but flexes a lot at the top so you may need to buy longer than you plan to climb to.

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Some newer ones have finger protectors so that your fingers only go blue when trapped.

The onei have from maplin is ok but flexes a lot at the top so you may need to buy longer than you plan to climb to.
suppose by the very nature of design they are going to flex, its all compromise I would fancy lugging about a 3 meter extension ladder in my MH lol

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
I had one once and gave it away, Just never felt safe on the thing.

And yes maybe not a slim Jim but not over the max weight limit.

Pat.

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
We've had ours for a while, purchased from Aldi or Lidl of course.

One recommendation built on experience - change all the chrome nuts & bolts for stainless steel ones. The chrome ones corrode in next to no time!

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

The onei have from maplin is ok[HI] but flexes a lot at the top[/HI] so you may need to buy longer than you plan to climb to.

you've obviously never climbed a proper wooden extension ladder ? :roflmto:

Followtheox

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
banbury
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autotrail
Exp
2 years
Went to Cineworld today in Rugby, went into Maplin and it was £125! Went two shops down, The Range, got exactly the same one £59:thumb:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
you've obviously never climbed a proper wooden extension ladder ? :roflmto:

I have - but it didn't flex over such a short distance as the telescopic one. I use mine for quick and easy access into lofts or when working in tight spaces but I don't feel as comfortable using it compared to my aluminium extending ladder. The telescopic one compliments the two others that I have - it wouldn't replace them.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
i find my set very uncomfortable underfoot the edge of steps dig into your feet

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
i find my set very uncomfortable underfoot the edge of steps dig into your feet

You're supposed to put some shoes on! :Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

On mine there is advice NOT to stand on a rung any higher than 3ft from the top of the ladder for safety, but when we used it to clamber in the loft obviously this couldn't be avoided, however I got a loft ladder from a car boot sale recently for £10 so once that's installed I won't need to use the telescopic one for that.

I bought my telescopic ladders mainly for one purpose, though, so that I could easily place them in the plant border and be able to get up to the top of my conifers to trim them, much, much easier than trying to manoeuvre a fixed length ladder/extending ladder between all the bushes etc.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back