telescope (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Keilder in Northumberland is one of the best areas for dark skies and not too far for some of you. Should also be plenty of wild camping spots and very peaceful.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Since first posting on here I've picked up two excellent pairs of Russian-made binoculars for bargain prices at my local auction, because the auctioneers haven't a blind clue about binoculars and let them got for very little. The maker's names vary but they usually have cyrillic text visible on the back, and the following (Komz) logo:

komz-logo.gif

The optical quality leaps out at you as soon as you look through them.

The same will apply to Russian telescopes. Worth keeping an eye out for at Car Boots and in Charity Shops. And auctions round our way :)

Another handy tip re binoculars - if you see any old German fieldglasses (stamped 'Dienstglas' on the back) and they have the letters 'blc' visible, they're made by Zeiss. The maker's name was coded - something else that's escaped our local auction house.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Well I went to the nearest shop today in Tring finally & had a good look @ the scopes & all the features & I have decided to get me the new Celestron Evolution 9.25, I just gotta earn the money for it know & I already know what few extras I need to get up & running (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back