DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
According to this webpage you can get a Telepass tag for use on the Italian toll autostradas.

https://www.tolltickets.com/country/italy/telepass.aspx?lang=en-GB/

Has anyone tried this - or found another source of the tag? These people charge 7% or 9% on top of the toll charge, depending on whether you buy it for short term use or annual.

It's obviously cheaper to pay on the spot but for convenience they should be an improvement - having had to jump out of the vehicle already once today and Mrs DBK may need a chiropractor after leaning out to grab the ticket from the upper dispensing slot - as the booths think we are a truck so issue the ticket ten feet off the ground. :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Tried this company ref Telepass in Italy. Excellent service highly recomended no more clowning about out of the cab window

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Tried this company ref Telepass in Italy. Excellent service highly recomended no more clowning about out of the cab window
Many thanks, I think we will get one before our next trip to Italy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I'm looking into this, because I think we will spend time on the toll roads in Italy, if the Italians really drive like every says they do.

I'm reading the info as there is a 5 euro charge for the tag, an annual 35 euro charge and then 7 percent on top of all the tolls. Have I got that right? It seems rather a lot!

Has anyone actually tried them? I won't have a front seat passenger, so toll booths are bloody awkward. My nine year old would happily oblige, but isn't allowed in the front seat on the continent!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just as an update to this thread the tag I bought worked in Italy on our first trip but on this one it doesn't. A bit of investigation suggests the company has changed hands in the last year or so.

I'll look for an alternative before we come this way again. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm looking into this, because I think we will spend time on the toll roads in Italy, if the Italians really drive like every says they do.

I'm reading the info as there is a 5 euro charge for the tag, an annual 35 euro charge and then 7 percent on top of all the tolls. Have I got that right? It seems rather a lot!

Has anyone actually tried them? I won't have a front seat passenger, so toll booths are bloody awkward. My nine year old would happily oblige, but isn't allowed in the front seat on the continent!
A tag makes the tolls painless
We have one for Spain and Portugal and a second one which does France and used to do Italy as well! They make spending money on tolls really easy and painless - until you see your bank statement. :)

I would have a look round and see if there are other suppliers who are cheaper. If you are going to Italy you need to use the motorways to get anywhere and keep your fillings.

You dont need a tag, you can hop out and grab the ticket or pay but a tag makes it so much easier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back