Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All

I have been trying the Telco satellite system on my new MH and I have some issues with it it is a twin LNB system

Ok first of all it worked fine in the lounge area and fine in the bedroom if both tv's were on at the same time. If I turned the lounge tv off the bedroom tv would say lost satellite signal turn lounge tv on and bedroom tv would work again.

I have been fidling with it for 2 days now and things have changed :X3:

It now works in the bedroom by it's self but the lounge one says No signal so I try and tune the lounge tv and the satellite keeps trying to lock onto Astra 19 even though both tv's have been set to search on Astra 28 and I have set dish to astra 28 it keeps reverting to astra 19

If just the bedroom tv searches it is fine and stays on Astra 28 but then if I try and tune lounge tv at same time it goes to astra 19 again

Really don't know what I have done but I am now completely lost with it all

So I have gone from lounge tv working to not working and bedroom tv from not working to working but both tv's will not work together

Any ideas please

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Think you answered this yourself.
You have one receiver looking for 28°e (astra 2) and the other looking for 19°e (Astra 1 or hotbird).
Both receivers have to look for Astra 2 at 28°e

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes I know and I have told both tv's to look for Astra 28 but the lounge tv which used to work now seems to want to look for Astra 19 and I don't know what I have done to get the bedroom tv working now Ang the lounge tv to stop working

When I first tried it after collecting it both tv's worked if both were on but turn the lounge off and bedroom tv lost signal why would this be

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The confusing thing is you can't tune both Astra 1 and Astra 2 at the same time.
Is it an automatic dish or manual.
If its automatic it sounds like a problem with the dish controller.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes it's fully automatic, the manuals that came in the pack would be better off used as a wheel chock

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Other than a faulty controller I'm stumped.
The receiver tells the controller which satellite to search for... Yours appears to be looking for both Astra 1 and Astra 2 even though both receivers are set to Astra 2.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge of Telco will be along.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I had a similar problem with the dish satellite switch set to Astra 28 and then locking onto 19. If you are at home you can get a reflection off nearby houses etc, as explained by the importers. I moved the vehicle forward a few yards and problem was cured.
I also had problems with reception which I cured by swapping the LNB leads around, unfortunately I have recently deleted the email conversation I has with importer which would have told me how the were labelled. I remember one lead went to the control box and one went to the receiver. I was told it did not matter which way round they were wired but it made a big difference for me.
In fact I have just remembered I got the idea of swapping the leads from this thread
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...telsat-907-firmare.167852/page-5#post-2690376

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
It depends what Teleco you have. The newer ones can be "controlled" by the Tv using a version of "disecq". Not easy to explain but I will give it a go...
One cable from the dish goes straight to a Tv, this Tv is "dumb" but once the dish has aligned on "the bird" and TV tuned it can be used Independently. The other feed from the dish goes through the Teleco control box, this is how it gets the signal to align on the satellite. When you push the Teleco "on" switch you select the sat you want (eg 28 east) it will find and lock on to the bird subject to a clear view of the sky. However... some TVs can control the Teleco unit with disecq [Teleco call it something different), this means that if you have a Tv that supports this feature (some Avtex do) you can move from Sky News on 28 east to Rtl 2 on Astra 19 east just by changing channel as the Teleco is controlled by the main Tv, and the Teleco like a good husband just does as he is told! Second slave TV is happy watching Sky News then gets "no signal" as the dish has moved.
Is this on the new C-line you collected from down south? I guess the dealer doesn't have a clue...
The solution is to turn off remote dish control on both TVs (hidden in a menu somewhere and I am no where near Tv at the moment).
Or ring Scan Terrior who distribute Teleco in the UK, they may have a technical department who can help you. Failing that pm me and we can have a chat on the phone. Teleco are very good systems and in my experience ultra reliable, when I was in the business they were the only auto ones we would fit.
Good luck
Vans
Scan Teriur 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We also have a teleco dish with twin lmb it won’t lock onto any sat now it just spins around searching .
Then it lies flat and says no sat found lol

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
We also have a teleco dish with twin lmb it won’t lock onto any sat now it just spins around searching .
Then it lies flat and says no sat found lol
Try swooping the feeds over from the lnb to the control unit, they rarely fail at the same time, assuming you are somewhere that you can get a signal?

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi vansflyer

This sounds exactly like it is too me I think I can do something with the satellite through the tv
Yes it is on my new carthago from down south
The tv's are alphatronics
I pm you later
Many thanks

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Have you tried going through a seperate receiver and NOT using the tv in built sat tv tuner. I also think the issue is that you have two seperate tuners looking for different signals. If you split each cable into two and then use two different cables into each then that might work, NOT saying it def will but might be worth trying.

It sounds as though you are using tuner A as a tuner A and also tuner B as a tuner A

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Too be honest im lost with it all it really is not my field and i struggle with thus type of thing

I either need someone to talk me through it on the phone step by step or just take it some where and gave it all set up and pay to gave it sorted

I am near Derby any ideas where I could take it

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Try swooping the feeds over from the lnb to the control unit, they rarely fail at the same time, assuming you are somewhere that you can get a signal?

When you mean feeds are these the ones on the lmb on the dish or the control box , it stopped locking on in Spain and I’ve tried it at various locations on the way back to the UK

Thank you for the advice

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Too be honest im lost with it all it really is not my field and i struggle with thus type of thing

I either need someone to talk me through it on the phone step by step or just take it some where and gave it all set up and pay to gave it sorted

I am near Derby any ideas where I could take it
We are in North Birmingham, you can always come to see me. I hung up my sat meter a while ago but can dig it out of the loft. ::) I don't know Alphatronics but the principle is always the same.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
When you mean feeds are these the ones on the lmb on the dish or the control box , it stopped locking on in Spain and I’ve tried it at various locations on the way back to the UK

Thank you for the advice
One feed will go to the control box marked "dish" or "input", Swop it with the other feed from the dish, you may need a "fly lead" depending on how long the cables are from the dish. Normally the two feeds have about 2-3 m of cable inside the van, both have F connectors.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
One feed will go to the control box marked "dish" or "input", Swop it with the other feed from the dish, you may need a "fly lead" depending on how long the cables are from the dish. Normally the two feeds have about 2-3 m of cable inside the van, both have F connectors.

I did swap the leads over on the control unit / box and it still did not lock on. As you can see in the picture the connectors look different

FDEB9BBF-050A-469D-A1CD-1624B65AD90B.jpeg

On the lnb do you just unsrew the white caps and the wire falls out of the bottom , not seen these before .... i left them alone incase I broke them lol

IMG_1170.JPG

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
On the Teleco unit it has an "input" and an "output", input from dish, output to sat rec / tv. Swopping them won't work, find the other white cable coming in from the roof and connect that to the "input" of the Teleco unit and try for lock on. The connectors on the lnb unscrew under the rubber covers, you can do it that end if you can't find the other end of the cable, but you will need to try both cables on each port. Are you using Sky, Sky+, HD etc or a stand alone sat box / tv and if so how many?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
On the Teleco unit it has an "input" and an "output", input from dish, output to sat rec / tv. Swopping them won't work, find the other white cable coming in from the roof and connect that to the "input" of the Teleco unit and try for lock on. The connectors on the lnb unscrew under the rubber covers, you can do it that end if you can't find the other end of the cable, but you will need to try both cables on each port. Are you using Sky, Sky+, HD etc or a stand alone sat box / tv and if so how many?

We have alphatronics tv + Avtex TVS with build in recievers I can't see another cable will try and swap them over on lnb its booked into a dealer as its only 18months oold

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I think the wires going into the LNB should be secured onto the connections on the LNB. I'm not sure why they would just fall out when you unscrew the white caps

it looks like a pretty standard lnb which could be easily changed if found to be faulty

ps looking at the trunking you might even be able to fit an quad lnb - basically it gives four connections and can feed two receivers which can work independent of each other

I think one of your problems is trying to run two different receivers using the A and B outputs on the twin lnb

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I just swapped the wires over on my lnb the rubber caps just pull off and its a standard fitting , I still cant get a signal the dealer can sort it out lol

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I just swapped the wires over on my lnb the rubber caps just pull off and its a standard fitting , I still cant get a signal the dealer can sort it out lol
Did you swop the cables and then let it try to search on both feeds? I assume you left the connections to the Teleco intact inside? The F connectors do need to be tightened up on the lnb to be certain it connects. What sat are you trying to lock onto and where are you now?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Did you swop the cables and then let it try to search on both feeds? I assume you left the connections to the Teleco intact inside? The F connectors do need to be tightened up on the lnb to be certain it connects. What sat are you trying to lock onto and where are you now?

Yes I let it search for astra 2 it came up with no sat found also let it search for astra one no sat found I nipped both connectors up with spanner they were tight

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Ok, final roll of the dice. Unplug the 3 power connections into the Teleco unit and leave for a min or two. Disconnect the feed from the Teleco box to the TV before you plug it back in and leave it unplugged. Power the Teleco back on and try to "find" Astra @19 or Hotbird. This will reset the Teleco and also leave it isolated from the main TV in case that has a short / fault on that cable. If that doesn't work it is the lnb, the Teleco unit of cabling. You can get another LNB for small money and bell out the cable with a multi meter, remember power goes up the cable so it needs to be a good connection with no shorts from stray coax. Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back