Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Thank you for all the comments. I think looking at hem both I will go with the Teleco. It gets good reviews looks neat and tidy and has a smaller base to rotate on. I am a bit tight for space so think the Teleco 85cm auto skew will fit ok.

The Fossies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just ordered an Alden AS4 from Vanbitz - being installed next Friday :).
Currently have a Falcon tripod mounted square dish but sick of having all the messing with unpacking, positioning and connecting each time.
Looking forward to being able to just press a button and have programmes available without any fuss.
(Using the mobile installation option as I live in West Sussex)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
We upgraded from ordinary scrabble to the luxury version with a self seeking revolving board. never had a problem with it wherever we have been parked up.:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just ordered an Alden AS4 from Vanbitz - being installed next Friday :).

Bought the Alden AS4 from Eddievanbitz almost two years ago.. fitted it myself.

From pressing the 'on' button, viewing in 45 seconds.

great bit of kit .. highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed. (y)
  • Lifetime warranty on the satellite system
  • Two year warranty on controller..
what other manufacturer has such confidence in their kit.. ?

The Fossies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Alden AS4 - twin LNB (2 tv's) - All fitted and working a treat !
James from Vanbitz arrived at the house just before 09:30 am and left mid afternoon having completed a very efficient, neat and tidy installation. Very impressed with the service and workmanship from VanBitz and the ease of operation of the Satellite system.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Our last van had Teleco 85 cm twin lab and autoscew We were pleased all the 3 years we had the van. Teleco were great whenever I had any questions or issues and went above and beyond when I had a problem not caused by them. Ours current van cane with new Oyster 85 cm twin onboard and autoscew. Had real problem at new and the attitude of Oyster to our dealer was awfull.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Last summer I met a couple in France who had no end of trouble with a brand new Oyster system.. on a brand new Rapido , they were parked next to us on the air at Mimizan.. Got chatting and they couldn't get it to 'lock on' .. I had no problem with the Alden.

I went to see if I could help.. and suggested he move the van a few meters forward.. sorted... but they had no end of trouble with it every day ... in the end they stopped using it ..

Another couple in Spain.. same problem with an Oyster .. and again.. had to move the van to get locked on.. there were no trees or obstructions and both parked beside me..

They may be isolated incidents and there are no doubt many happy Oyster owners .. just as there are thousands of happy Alden owners.. but it can't be claimed to be the 'best by far'

Vanbitz wouldn't be the Alden UK agent if it were a second rate system.

Does the Oyster come with a lifetime warranty?
Trouble is with oysters that they can sometimes be bad for you ......you must ensure they very fresh and from unpolluted waters. ..oooppps wrong type of oyster being discussed .

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Our last van had Teleco 85 cm twin lab and autoscew We were pleased all the 3 years we had the van. Teleco were great whenever I had any questions or issues and went above and beyond when I had a problem not caused by them. Ours current van cane with new Oyster 85 cm twin onboard and autoscew. Had real problem at new and the attitude of Oyster to our dealer was awfull.
That is unusual. Oyster normally bend over backwards to be helpful?

Was it the dealer that told you Oyster were being difficult? Did you speak to Oyster?

The advantage of Oyster over all other manufacturers is that they have offices and distribution actually in the UK, so the guys and girls you speak to actually work for Oyster, not an importer or a distributor

Julian Preston is the Managing Director of Oyster Sat Tech in the UK and I would imagine he would love to know more about your troubles, it is so out of character for them. One of their technicians is a paid up member Funster just so that Oyster can help Funsters with technical issues which he often does @Anthony OysterTech

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
That is unusual. Oyster normally bend over backwards to be helpful?

Was it the dealer that told you Oyster were being difficult? Did you speak to Oyster?

The advantage of Oyster over all other manufacturers is that they have offices and distribution actually in the UK, so the guys and girls you speak to actually work for Oyster, not an importer or a distributor

Julian Preston is the Managing Director of Oyster Sat Tech in the UK and I would imagine he would love to know more about your troubles, it is so out of character for them. One of their technicians is a paid up member Funster just so that Oyster can help Funsters with technical issues which he often does @Anthony OysterTech
Eddie, it happened 16 months ago at handover. The Oyster would not get any satelite. We were sat in the van with the dealers head technician who we were listnening to on the phone to Oyster who initially said would get there guy to ring back in a few minutes. To cut a long story short it took 2 hours to talk to the Oyster man who went out of his way to say he was on his way to fly to Germany and could do without the interruption. It turned out that our new system needed an update that Dealers were told about a day later. Having heard all the conversation on loudspeaker phone I was amazed. The update took seconds.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As I say unusual but I fully accept your comments

Shame the dealer didn't PDI the van as well, otherwise it would have been resolved before your handover

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon,

Unfortunately isolated incidents can happen however we are always happy to help when our dealers or customers have a problem with any of our systems.
At the time you speak of there was only myself working in the technical department so it was not always possible for me to get to the phone straight away. Depending on the size job I was involved with initially and the fact that I had to leave to catch a plane it is possible that I could not give the level of care and attention that I normally would. In such a case however I would always recommend that the customer/dealer contact our service department in Germany for further assistance.

I apologise that you feel that you were mistreated by us and can assure you that how you feel you have been treated is not how we care for our customers. We are here to help dealers and retail customers alike and will always, where possible, assist as much as we can.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I had very bad service that a local installer attributed to Oyster. Once I had the opportunity to speak to Anthony at oyster tech, it was obvious that the local installer was attempting a blatant con trick (find cost of worst case scenario and double it). With the advice from Anthony and sourcing parts from oyster tech directly I repaired my system myself. Really couldnt be happier with the way oyster tech and anthony in particular helped me

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I have rang Oystertech UK a couple of times from Portugal and they were great the guy was on the phone for a hour talking me how to fix it.

OysterTech gets 10 out of 10 from me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back