Telair Air Conditioning

Jun 21, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since June 2008
I am thinking of having Telair Air Conditioning fitted, anyone out there got any feedback, good or bad, to help me make a decision.

Happy Days from Lesley from Ilfracombe

OP
lesleyjean
Jun 21, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since June 2008
Come on guys, give me some feedback

Happy Days from Lesley from Ilfracombe

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
hi lesley i am sorry i can t help this is far too technical for me ! but i am sure there are many who can help and advise , :Smile: see you later in chat ??

best regards :thumb:

OP
lesleyjean
Jun 21, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since June 2008
Thanks Ray

See you later in Chat, Kaya was online at 5.00 a.m. this morning

Happy Days

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: We have had Air-Con for the last 8 years. We have only ever used it 3 times on 3 different RV's to test that it was working. :RollEyes:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Aircon, heavy on power, takes up space better utilised for Solar panels, where are you going, death vally????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Hi Lesley

I will give you my own opinion,

all airconditioners make a noise, most are only used when required but if you have not got one then you have to suffer and wish, I do not have one fitted to my hire van but that is only because I can not fit anything else on the roof, I believe the telair is quieter than the dometic.

I have a customer who would be more than hapy to discuss with you his airconditioner which is a telair 5300 and he has had it about 2 months if you would like pm me and I will forward your email addres to him

regards

nick:Smile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
and this from a bloke that spends most of his time in spain......weather must not be all its made out to be. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:Cool: We learned long ago that Air-Con is a waste of energy. If you are HOT? Take some clothes off or jump in the Pool or Sea. If you are COLD? Put more clothes on and close the doors and windows. :roflmto:

Aircon, heavy on power, takes up space better utilised for Solar panels, where are you going, death vally????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
::bigsmile: We have been to Death Valley. Never used the Air-Con there either. Mind you. It WAS Winter. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dogslow

Free Member
Jul 19, 2010
N.E.England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Brand New
Telair

Firstly hello from England,we have had a Telair silent aircon unit fitted to the roof of our campervan .We will be using it mostly in the South of France and Spain Italy etc.
We had chosen a different unit but the instalation guys recomended this manufacturer, model..
Anyway the Uk importer carries very little stock so they had to order one from north east Italy where they make them.The trip by road on a lorry to north London where there headquarters is two and a half days.We were quoted two weeks delivery and it took three.Our fitters installed it corectly and it woudnt fire up.Telair said it was a faulty printed circuit board so they put one in the post AND it was the wrong one it was the other one so we are waiting for another one to be posted out.The fitted price for this unit in
England is £1200.
Our thoughts about Telair at the moment arnt good I would have thought they tested the units after they build them .Our opinion on them may change when we get chance to use it we will keep you posted.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Nearly had Air con fitted to our last van, but was advised against it buy quite a few people, so glad we did not go ahead with it, had a Fiamma turbo fan fitted instead gives all the cooling we need.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I looked at aircon recently-as soon as I told Carolyn that it would be fitted where the main skylight is,that was the end of that discussion!! The idea had been to channel cold air into cab by closing all but the front vents when we were driving.
We ended up having cab aircon fitted and have used it several times -we actually used it in April when it was below zero outside but the sun shining straight onto windscreen one day made cab like a greenhouse.
If it's hot when we're parked up,then we can sit outside.::bigsmile:

Mike.

Dogslow

Free Member
Jul 19, 2010
N.E.England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Brand New
Telair 3800 silent H

We have our campervan back after the succesful instalation.

As The silent name suggests it is virtually silent outside of the vehicle when it is running hardly audable at all.
Inside the vehicle there is obviously some sound not intrusive.It does what it says on the box it blows cold when wanted and hot when wanted.
We fitted a 1500 watt inverter so we could use this on the move and it works using an inverter with that much power.
So on the move and parked up we have cool air.
As a trucker of many many years I have suffered in mobile grenhouses .
On a slightly different note a friend of mine has a caravan near Benidorm
he told me that he would go in the shower in the caravan coz he was sweating profousley.He would dry himself off and by the time he had got dressed again he was soaked in sweat.

That liitle story made my mind up.Different strokes for different blokes
I thank you.:thumb:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services