TBE vaccination for Bavaria/Austria? (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our German friends have advised us to get my son vaccinated against Tick Borne Encephalitis for when they take him to Carinthia this summer. As we’re going to pootle around Germany (including Bavaria) and the western part of the Czech Republic they’re suggesting we do the same.
Anyone else done this? I know someone had it when they were cycling to the Arctic circle but they were tenting ....

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If they are "locals" and recommend it why not especially for your son if he was affected and they had hassle getting him sorted it would be very annoying for them.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
If they are "locals" and recommend it why not especially for your son if he was affected and they had hassle getting him sorted it would be very annoying for them.

We’re planning to get him vaccinated this week, not sure wether to for us. Unfortunately, like Lymes Disease, little ‘sorting’, you have to wait to see if it develops. But smidge (or other tick deterrents) helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
As with all vaccinations, read up on the side effects and any analysis of the vaccine first and then weigh up the sales points vs the risks.

Vaccines have a pretty poor safety record in many cases, even The Hulk wasn't 'immune' (see what I did there?) from side effects after a routine jab.

The Italian government also banned a 6-way infant GSK jab too as they analysed it and found a) no antigens for any of the 6 diseases it was sold to cover and b) some harmful and some unidentified chemicals. Quality Control of vaccines appears to be on a par with a leaky caravan.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
As with all vaccinations, read up on the side effects and any analysis of the vaccine first and then weigh up the sales points vs the risks.

Vaccines have a pretty poor safety record in many cases, even The Hulk wasn't 'immune' (see what I did there?) from side effects after a routine jab.

The Italian government also banned a 6-way infant GSK jab too as they analysed it and found a) no antigens for any of the 6 diseases it was sold to cover and b) some harmful and some unidentified chemicals. Quality Control of vaccines appears to be on a par with a leaky caravan.

As a whole, vaccines are FAR less risky than avoiding them. And saying they have a poor safety record is total BS. If it's for a short term exposure, maybe you can take alternative countermeasures, but if you're planning on doing something risky like walking, it can be hard to avoid.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

Matteo Salvini, the interior minister and deputy prime minister, has called them “useless and in many cases dangerous,” playing on discredited claims that the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) jab can cause autism.

The sacking of the health commission was met with consternation by health experts and criticism from opposition parties.

Italy already has one of the worst records on measles cases and deaths from superbug infections in Europe.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Jag-gate :D A lot of rubbish has been written about vaccine dangers, no vaccine is 100% safe just like no surgical operation is 100% safe, so do we stop operating on people?
The benefits far outweigh any drawbacks.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Jag-gate :D A lot of rubbish has been written about vaccine dangers, no vaccine is 100% safe just like no surgical operation is 100% safe, so do we stop operating on people?
The benefits far outweigh any drawbacks.
Totally agree olley .... the implications of not having mass vaccinations are enormous. In America, I believe that they are mandatory before school.
It doesn’t negate the fact that there can be serous side effects. My friend and colleague nearly lost his son last year after he seizured and his brain became inflamed ... they had to put him into an induced coma. The doctors think it was a reaction to the teenage jags he’d had a few days previously. It made me read the literature we were sent home very carefully, as my son had them this year.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Most people don't realise that unlike natural immunity vaccines only work for up to 10 years.
That means as you walk about you are only covered by any vaccine you had within the last decade. I.e. hardly anyone is actually vaccinated.

Additionally for the most popular vaccine - the Flu vaccine, it's worth bearing in mind that:
1) The Flu vaccine is tuned each year, so effectively it cannot have been tested for very long
2) True Influenza is only the cause of around 12% of all 'Flu' cases
3) Therefore the claimed effectiveness must be multipled by 0.12 to give the real benefit
4) As with any vaccine there are risks an individual must balance against the calculated effectiveness.

Always read the side effects first: Even famous doctors like Martin Gore sometimes get it wrong.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Italy already has one of the worst records on measles cases

Measles, yes, had that when I was a kid, got a few days of school and some treats.

Your implication is that the infants of Italy would have been better off if they had veen injected with GSK's mysrery chemicals that had none of the required antigens - could you perhaps clarify?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
back on thread!!! i believe the TBE vacination is 2 jabs @ 6 months apart to be effective; at least it was when i looked into it around 2 years ago..

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Measles, yes, had that when I was a kid, got a few days of school and some treats.

Your implication is that the infants of Italy would have been better off if they had veen injected with GSK's mysrery chemicals that had none of the required antigens - could you perhaps clarify?
And some healthy kids suffer very badly with measles. There have been deaths from measles of healthy people who were unvaccinated in the US in recent years... From a disease that was close to being eliminated from the western world. And that's without considering the wider public benefits. If you want some figures that prove how much of a lower risk it is to take the vaccines that skip them, this is a good start:

The 'un-tested' thing for the flu vaccine is mis-information. The vaccine is fundamentally the same every year, just the virus variants that they guess will be big spreaders in a few months time changes. So it uses the same chemicals and the same techniques every year.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
back on thread!!! i believe the TBE vacination is 2 jabs @ 6 months apart to be effective; at least it was when i looked into it around 2 years ago..

Thanks for the on topic reply!
3 jags in total. There is an accelerated path which requires 2 weeks rather than 1-3 months between the first 2. Protection is after the second jag. The third extends it life.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Its like most treatments there are always some people who look at the side effects but forget there is a side effect to not having any treatment and they can be both worse and a lot more likely than those due to treatment.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
It's a little bit like food really. The food industry sells a variety of food, come of it with hydrogenated fats and additives are quite harmful but it's freely marketed and the government views them as perfectly safe.

I take a different view: one of personal responsibility, and check for myself. It's the same with vaccines. Glaxo Smith Klein (for example) are not charities, they are very profitable businesses and quite often on the drugs industry some drugs are found to be harmful and are withdrawn. Just because someone sells a new soft drink that's got aspartame and sucralose because it's sugar free and thus 'better' for me, it doesn't mean it really is.

I think the start of the vaccine industry coincided with the invention of running water, soap, mains drainage, sanitation, flushing toilets, buried sewers. Look at Los Angelss, fighting a Typhus epidemic because those advances were not made available to the homeless on the street. Then there's that unfortunate incident of 'Spanish' 'Flu' that Rockerfeller's Institute created, a vaccine made from bits of horse IIRC. Then there's SV40 that came from Monkeys in the Polio vaccine:

I always laugh at the TV news when they express concern for childrens health as they dose them up with so much vaccine the lead and aluminium from them comfortably exceeds the WHO limits alone. Then they go on to explain how we need to murder the people of Yemen, Palestine, Libya and now Iran. Is it really about being nice to children? Or do the drug companies simply want to make money and don't really care about the person who pays for it.

Still I'm sure our government and health department knows best, when has our government ever let us down? You only trust authority because it's earned your trust, not because it's authority - right?

It's your body, not the governments, drug companies or medical industries: I'm not telling you not to take it, I'm advising you to make the decision with your eyes open and an appraisal of the risks for and against, rather then the advice on this thread to close your eyes and hope. Although that works for people too :D
I.e. don't take more care over the selection of your campervan than what you allow to be injected into your bloodstream, because both are important, but campervans are easier to change.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Vaccines have prevented literally millions of deaths and many more disabilities and suffering. They are one of the greatest of man's inventions.

Medicine is far from perfect. But it is evidence based (although, due to practical reasons, the level of evidence required is lower than other sciences). Still, drugs have to go through trials of many years and many rounds before they are allowed to be used. There are cases where drugs were found to be more harmful than beneficial, but they are very rare. I'm sure we'll look back in 50 years time at our current medicine and cringe, but it definitely does more good than harm. Very few people get through life without relying on medicine.

The problem with 'big pharma' is that it is more of a money spinner to treat the symptoms of a chronic condition than it is to cure or prevent. But that doesn't mean they are just throwing out poisons, just their R&D funding is heavily skewed.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Most people don't realise that unlike natural immunity vaccines only work for up to 10 years.
That means as you walk about you are only covered by any vaccine you had within the last decade. I.e. hardly anyone is actually vaccinated.

Additionally for the most popular vaccine - the Flu vaccine, it's worth bearing in mind that:
1) The Flu vaccine is tuned each year, so effectively it cannot have been tested for very long
2) True Influenza is only the cause of around 12% of all 'Flu' cases
3) Therefore the claimed effectiveness must be multipled by 0.12 to give the real benefit
4) As with any vaccine there are risks an individual must balance against the calculated effectiveness.

Always read the side effects first: Even famous doctors like Martin Gore sometimes get it wrong.

Well I got tested for immunity at age 30 for measles etc prior to starting my nurse training and apart from one was still immune fom my jabs a youngster, changing jibs 20 years aterm was still immune and was also immune to the one which had been missing.
Have nursed children who died in their teens from meases after apparently having 'recovered fully' yes have seen a few in my life affeced by vaccine but could count on one hand. not so for those affected by not being vaccinated.
So apart from the flu vaccine which i got a reaction to, means of culture not the actual vaccine, i have everything offerred.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Not one person on this thread is qualified to recommend vaccines, or will help anyone who suffers a reaction to a vaccine. That's just a simple fact.

It's easy to parrot the narrative, but difficult to acknowledge that reading the suppliers list of side effects is a reasonable thing to so. The cowboy posters here also ignore the fact that doctors do not all agree about these issues. For instance when my brother went to the far east for a while teaching his doctor explained to him carefully the precautions against and symptoms of Malaria, and how to get treatment so he didn't have to risk using Larium, which the doctor personally considered more risky.

Have a read of the side effects of a simple harmless food additive such as sucralose. Then politely request the list associated with the vaccine from the doctor. Regardless of the religious zealots saying 'don't bother, it's not our body' above, you will need to know what they are so that if any appear you will recognise them. This is the basic precautionary principle the self appointed 'experts' here appear to have entirely forgotten: perhaps because they are not doctors.

I read the same blind propaganda trotted out here by people in response to my suggestion to RESEARCH the SIDE EFFECTS before taking it, and wonder why they don't want people to reasearch the published manufacturer list of known side effects first.

At no point have I said 'do not take it' and the passionate posters here are simply arguing for you to take vaccinations on the basis of faith and ignorance.

In 2019 is faith and ignorance the right thing in this case?

People like Martin Gore, Lou Ferrigno etc. had the best advice and doctors for them and still got caught out, all I am saying (and being attacked for !!!!!!) is RESEARCH it FIRST. These vaccines are not all Fairy Dust and tears from Mother Theresa, they are chemicals that you cannot 'uninject' afterwards: so an informed decision is the wise, reasonable and precautionary path.
E.g: https://thinklovehealthy.com/2018/01/29/ten-questions-for-your-doctor-on-vaccines/

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I take that as you know no more than us you include yourself as a "Cowboy poster"

It doesn't matter if I am a road sweeper, your 'Appeal to Authority' here is irrelevant to the advice of reading the published list of side effects from the manufacture before deciding whether to have it injected inside you.

The concept of informed decision making does not depend upon education.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
As one fellow cowboy poster to another, no one has suggested not reading the advice on the side effects, however to read them you must be educated, so education is a prerequisite to making an informed decision.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Our German friends have advised us to get my son vaccinated against Tick Borne Encephalitis for when they take him to Carinthia this summer. As we’re going to pootle around Germany (including Bavaria) and the western part of the Czech Republic they’re suggesting we do the same.
Anyone else done this? I know someone had it when they were cycling to the Arctic circle but they were tenting ....
Thanks for this reminder
We have been thinking about getting it

(This post should not be hijacked by anti vaccination believers they can start their own thread if they want to)

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for this reminder
We have been thinking about getting it

(This post should not be hijacked by anti vaccination believers they can start their own thread if they want to)

Thanks Garfield ... we’re getting it done Wednesday. Better safe than sorry. And yes, agree.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back