Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Need to replace my leisure battery which is under performing and trying to decide which of the "24 hour delivery" companies to use. Maximum height my locker can accommodate is 195mm so choice is limited, www.tayna.co.uk have been recommended and offer.....

Banner Energy Bull 100ah @ £ 101.56
or
Powerline 110 ah @ £63.00

Would prefer the higher rated battery but don't know the label, Banner I know bug have never used.

Any advice or experience regarding this suppluer most welcome

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry for the typos...... just cannot "edit" errors with new system, cannot place cursor where needed, grrrrrrrrrrr!

Bryan

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Don't know if you ever followed this guy :)

http://www.livinginamotorhome.co.uk/Living-in-a-Motorhome-2011.html

But I read that he replaced his leisure batteries through Halfords. Came with a lifetime guarantee too, so when he had an issue with one a long time later, Halfords simply replaced, free of charge :)

Don't know if they still do the same service, but lots of Halfords about. Think he had to order the batteries. Just wanted to pass it on :)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We went direct to tanyas at abergele wales cheaper good service delivered next day would use again hope this helps

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I bought a leisure battery from Tayna a few months back. Good price, and fast delivery .. and battery works well.
Would buy from them again

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Need to replace my leisure battery which is under performing and trying to decide which of the "24 hour delivery" companies to use. Maximum height my locker can accommodate is 195mm so choice is limited, www.tayna.co.uk have been recommended and offer.....

Banner Energy Bull 100ah @ £ 101.56
or
Powerline 110 ah @ £63.00

Would prefer the higher rated battery but don't know the label, Banner I know bug have never used.

Any advice or experience regarding this suppluer most welcome

I've used Tayna several times and have been pleased. Never had to send anything back or had anything go wrong, so can't offer an opinion on after-sales service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
When my leisure battery failed I bought an Alphaline 110AHr from Batterymegastore (via ebay). Fast delivery (next day). I have since bought a Varta cab battery from them. Next day delivery. Both 4 year warranties. Alphaline fitted through my outside hatch (battery is 190mm high). Alphaline was just under £66. No reason to complain so far.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I have used Tanya batteries several times, the last time was four batteries that were rather expensive, one turned up duff, and their aftercare sales service was appalling. Luckily enough they have a rate their service thread, and as soon as we used this option we were sorted out with a new battery the very next day. The batteries came to £1500.

On the choice of your batteries I would go for the Banner has they have a good name, but then again the cheaper ones would be find to as you can near enough replace two for the price of one, if a problem. I still think they are a fairly good company, and buying any batteries online is always harder to sort out if problem. Also in your case too they have a european service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back