Taxing the van (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We are thinking of going to Spain mid Jan 'till late March next year. But, the tax is up on the van end of Feb. Do I hand in my current tax disc at say end of nov or dec and claim the money for the un-used months, then re-tax for a year ?
I'm sure others must've had this problem.

regards
Allen

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
hi
You can tax your vehicle up to two months in advance of you going abroad but your mot and insurance must be valid when the disc is due to start ,documents that are current but expire prior to the start of the tax disc are no good.
We got 6 months tax then we will buy 12 months when this expires. We also got another mot which now expires at a more convenient time for us
Palaceboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We have the same problem but as already said you can tax it it in advance but you have to go to the Vehicle Licence Office to do it. We will do ours in Jan as we leave for Spain on the 1 Feb but the tax is due March 1

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
it used to be the done thing to be abroad with no tax on your vehicle now with sorn its best to make sure you have tax in the screen. also remember if you are going away for a few years you should export your vehicle.life does seem to be getting harder for the traveller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back