Tax discs motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have seen on threads that tax discs have held up picking up motorhomes. We pick ours on Saturday (now confirmed) but no tax disc. I found this doc online

Broken Link Removed

And the dealer said it is not an issue. So am i missing something? bit concerned that i have.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
works same with new cars now,,,just got my new car,,,once registerd,,the tax disc is sent to the new owners home address,,but the vehicle does show as taxed should the police check on their data base,,,,my disc came within the 5 days they told me.....

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i assume the dealer is registering the vehicle and has been supplied an insurance certificate.

i had to send my tax disc to DVLA and there was a delay in sending me the replacement. DVLA said that the computer reference used by Police would show that the vehicle is taxed so should not be an issue.

i rekon as long as the dealer has registered and taxed the vehicle it should not be a problem. however, there is an offence of not displaying a valid tax disc, but you would be darned unlucky to get hit until it arrives in the post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have seen on threads that tax discs have held up picking up motorhomes. We pick ours on Saturday (now confirmed) but no tax disc. I found this doc online

Broken Link Removed

And the dealer said it is not an issue. So am i missing something? bit concerned that i have.

It's fine. No need to display for 14 days. They're being withdrawn in a few months anyway, and no-one bothers to look for them any more. They just scan the number plate with ANPR and check online.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
i assume the dealer is registering the vehicle and has been supplied an insurance certificate.

i had to send my tax disc to DVLA and there was a delay in sending me the replacement. DVLA said that the computer reference used by Police would show that the vehicle is taxed so should not be an issue.

i rekon as long as the dealer has registered and taxed the vehicle it should not be a problem. however, there is an offence of not displaying a valid tax disc, but you would be darned unlucky to get hit until it arrives in the post.

they give you paperwork in the dealers, so should anything happen you have proof of just purchasing the vehicle,,so no worries on the not displaying issue...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Nothing to worry about so long as it is taxed. Easy with a newly registered vehicle.

We had a problem because ours is second-hand and the V5 is still in the name of the previous owner so couldn't get the tax on-line - our insurance was held up in the MIB database backlog over the bank holiday. All sorted now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back