Tarifa (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
So we are thinking of heading down to Tarifa after xmas, The AA route planner is saying 24hrs driving at 1400miles, What do most of you guys do? Two days driving or three? Is it even possible to do it in 2 days?

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
So we are thinking of heading down to Tarifa after xmas, The AA route planner is saying 24hrs driving at 1400miles, What do most of you guys do? Two days driving or three? Is it even possible to do it in 2 days?

It is possible to do it in 1 if you have 2 drivers but why would you want to?

I would take at least 3 days if I were you, but it does depend on how much time you have.

As a matter of interest why Tarifa?

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I'm a kitesurfer and having just got the motorhome have always wanted to visit, we only have 8/9 days so probably a bit far, maybe leave that until summer when I have more time. Where else is warm after xmas but not as far? Barcelona maybe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I think 8/9 days break isn't enough time to go anywhere other than maybe Normandy or Bretagne, and it's going to be cold there.
You might as well head for Cornwall.
Pete:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi . i think pete is right head to finisterre in brittany . gotta be better .
or what about la baule that might do you .
never worth the drive to tarifa

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Hmmm, Yes I think maybe I have gotten a bit carried away with excitement over my first motorhome. Definitely want to go abroad though for that time so will have a think. Any other suggestions welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
When the weather gets a bit warmer there are two 'near' places in France that immediately spring to mind - the first is Berck sur Mer* and the second - further, is Merville-Franceville Plage. Both have aires. 2 in fact at Berck, large and a 5 van at M-F, max 48hrs and yes the police do turf you off.

Berck has an annual international kite (ordinary kite, except they are far from ordinary!) festival in April-ish. Great fun; a bit like the seaside was when I was a kid ! They also kite-surf at Aytre, very near La Rochelle but that's even further. Decent aire and the kite surfing beach is more or less adjacent.

Somewhere else we went, just trying to think where we saw kitesurfers coming off the beach to pack up, it was v windy and the sea was rough - we saw the wind take this lad's board and kite (he was late teens, about 6ft and strapping so no lightweight) as he was coming back up the dune to pack up - and he hung on, trying to control it rather than endanger the other participants - it took him up and he got smacked down - and this was rocks/shingle by this time with the board hitting him several times on the way. There were plenty of (French) people to assist including I think, his dad and an ambulance arrived, but he hadn't yet regained consciousness. Didn't look good, I have to say.

Anyway we're off for a couple of weeks soon, if we can't more or less guarantee anything decent right down south, we shall concentrate more on any of the millon towns and villages we haven't been to yet! Fecamp can be jolly, so is Le Treport. Go into anything organised if the Tourist Info isn't open - eg museums or a public building of some sort, cos they have shedloads of info about their local area. Incidentally they also have this in the foyers of most hotels, racks with a million leaflets - and you'll find summat that you like the look of I'm sure! Also in some of the shopping malls, even McDonalds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back