Tarifa to Tangier (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
La Strada
Exp
Hi all, quick question. I'm not thinking of this year, so in normal times, would the advice be to book ahead or just turn up. We are 7m camper with 2 dogs...many thanks.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi all, quick question. I'm not thinking of this year, so in normal times, would the advice be to book ahead or just turn up. We are 7m camper with 2 dogs...many thanks.
What time of year are you thinking of crossing there and back?

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I don't think the Tarifa to Tangier ferry takes vehicles of that size. ( I may be wrong)

The route of choice is usually Algeciras to Tangier Med from where motorway access is easy.
You would just buy an open return ticket in Algeciras and go whenever it suits.

( all pre Covid obviously)

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Interesting thanks didn't know there is a second port
It is a cargo and passenger port approx 25 miles from Tangier... Easier to get to and travel from.

There are (were) many crossings a day to be and from there to Spain. I wouldn't book until I was near the port (subject to checking prices to ensure that they don't go up as the departure time gets closer). I'd also look at going into Ceuta as an option or leaving from Algerciras ...

However, I've only travelled from Spain and Gib to Morocco as a foot passenger... Others may be able to give more precise info.

This is the site I've used for trips:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back