camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
THe clock on my vista os laptop keeps changing itself.I'd downloaded a few progs from bbc iplayer to watch when I had no internet connection but because the clock changed itself to 2009 and wrong time I couldn't watch downloads because my machine decided they were all expired.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
change which time server your laptop checks for keeping it in sync with world time

right click on the clock, select adjust date/time, then click on the internet time tab and choose a different server

OP
OP
C

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
good stuff

That's great! It works!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
THe clock on my vista os laptop keeps changing itself.I'd downloaded a few progs from bbc iplayer to watch when I had no internet connection but because the clock changed itself to 2009 and wrong time I couldn't watch downloads because my machine decided they were all expired.

Hi Camper,

Glad it was sorted, but I am curious.. how do you watch IPlayer when you have no internet connection ?,

Ken :thumb: :drink:

OP
OP
C

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
download

If you download the bbc iplayer desktop you can search for progs and download them-as many as you like and watch them at your leisure depending on their expiry date without being online- you can even watch them on an mp4 player (but always play the first bit in Windows media player so that the licence gets downloaded or they won't play on any portable player-detailed info on bbc iplayer site.
It does mean you don't need to mess with telly if you take what you like with you on your laptop/player.

OP
OP
C

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
Doctor, who is doing this?

After the excitement of the initial fix my laptop has repeatedly reset itself.It's now 10.40am but GMT is 2.35pm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back