Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I am trying to educate myslf as to why the taps in the MH are pulsing, especially at low flow. What I think I have figured out is that the accumulator/expansion tank should eliminate this so is it time for a new one?
I have a shurflo pump and a fiamma expansion tank.
How long will the pressure last in the tank if it is not used for a while. As I understand it the tanks are shipped pre pressured so would they lose their pressure unless they're broken/faulty?:thumb:

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
water pulsing

Just had that on my Rapido. Pumped the expansion thingymajib up to 20psi and while I was at it tightened all the screws holding it together by half a turn and same for the jubilee clips on the attached hoses. Job a good one and shurflo pump no longer pulses and I have a decent shower again.

hope this is helpful.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Fiamma accumulators are pre-pressurised but can be 're-inflated' via the shreader valve on the body....best with a foot pump as the pressure builds up very rapidly.

from memory it is either 9psi or 13psi...I'm sure the pressure is printed on the label on the body and almost sure it's 9psi.

but...it could be the diaphragm which has split...you'll know when you inflate it.
turn the pump off and open a tap.....if its the diaphragm, water will continue to come out the tap as you inflate until the pipe is empty, then air will come out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Fiamma accumulators are pre-pressurised but can be 're-inflated' via the shreader valve on the body....best with a foot pump as the pressure builds up very rapidly.

from memory it is either 9psi or 13psi...I'm sure the pressure is printed on the label on the body and almost sure it's 9psi.

but...it could be the diaphragm which has split...you'll know when you inflate it.
turn the pump off and open a tap.....if its the diaphragm, water will continue to come out the tap as you inflate until the pipe is empty, then air will come out.

Not sure if this has any bearing on it but, during normal use, when i turn a tap on the pump starts up instantly, or within 2/3 seconds, every time. If there was a store of pressure would i get longer before the pump kicks in?

I will try your suggestion tomorrow pappajohn :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back