Tap with flow switch Recommendation's (1 Viewer)

Feb 10, 2023
Anywhere & Everywhere
Funster No
Mercedes Sprinter
Hi all, can anyone recommend a sink tap with automatic flow switch?
So when you turn the tap on it pumps the water.

I only have 5L water carriers at the moment (proper tank to follow).
Apr 27, 2016
Funster No
A class Hymer
Since the 80s
There are two ways to solve this problem. One way is to have a tap with a switch built in (a microswitch) that turns the pump on when the tap is turned on.

The other way is to get a pump with a pressure switch. The pump is continuously powered. When the tap turns on, the pressure in the pipe drops and the pump fires up. When the tap turns off, the pump keeps going, the pressure builds up and the pressure switch turns the pump off.

If you have several taps (kitchen sink, wash basin, shower, toilet flush) you need one microswitch in each tap.

With a pressure switch system, only one pressure switch is needed. It is usually built into the pump, but could be separate, anywhere on the pipe from the pump. Oh, and a non-return valve is needed in the pump or just after it, to keep up the pressure when the pump is off. Both systems, pressure switch and microswitch, are quite common.

Taps with a microswitch will have a couple of wires coming out of them. They are commonly available at motorhome/caravan accessory stores. Search for 'microswitch tap'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread