Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Everyone

I have a Hymer S700 and I have some water tap problems.

I have read through all the other threads I could find on the subject, but none of them cover my symptoms exactly, although the root cause may well be the same.

I have three taps; "kitchen" basin, bathroom basin and shower, plus the toilet flush.

First the bathroom tap stopped working. Opening it would just release water already in the pipes from running one of the other two taps. A few days later the kitchen tap went the same way. The shower is still OK and the toilet flush is stronger than before, although it tends to splutter at first.

Is it just coincidence that two taps have failed in the same way at separate but fairly close times? Or is it that they share some circuitry that may have overloaded when the first tap failed?

All of the wiring and the under-sides of the taps seem hideously inaccessible, so, if possible, I'd like to have a targeted plan for investigation, rather than trying to check everything.
If it comes down to two failed micro-switches; any tips on how to get at them would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
one microswitch failing wont 'overload' and damage the others.

sounds like a pair have failed in a short space of time assuming they are the same standard tap for hot and cold.

the 'spurting' at the toilet flush may just be an airlock in the pipe caused by opening the faulty taps.

to access the 'kitchen' tap you may have to lift the sink out of the worktop if its above the fridge etc.

bathroom tap will be accessible from under the sink but you might need some one with double-jointed arms and the correct tools.

turn on the shower and then a faulty tap at the same time....you should get some waterflow from both which confirms the switch is faulty and not the pipework/tap

why do hymer still use these outdated switches ?
the only advantage is if one fails you can still use the other taps but hey, id sooner have one reliable switch than 4 unreliable ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back