Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
The black plastic thing that goes into the working end of the tap has started to leak, the water runs down the tap onto the kitchen work surface, and water is sprayed everywhere except the sink.
I thought it would be simple to get and fit a new one, our local camping/caravan shop said they are called "sprinklers" and there are no spares, I must buy a new tap to fix it. I can't believe that if this bit of plastic goes, I have to spend £70 buying a new tap.
Internet research via a diagram of a tap's working parts, identified this as the "tap aerator" and there are plenty on Amazon or ebay, but they are chrome screw in things, not the same at all. The description is the same, a small insert to direct flow and stop leaks.
Can anyone put me on the right track to solve this, as every professional I ask has been unable to help. At the end of the day if I have to buy a new tap I will, but all to replace a bit of plastic.!:Sad:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The black plastic thing that goes into the working end of the tap has started to leak, the water runs down the tap onto the kitchen work surface, and water is sprayed everywhere except the sink.
I thought it would be simple to get and fit a new one, our local camping/caravan shop said they are called "sprinklers" and there are no spares, I must buy a new tap to fix it. I can't believe that if this bit of plastic goes, I have to spend £70 buying a new tap.
Internet research via a diagram of a tap's working parts, identified this as the "tap aerator" and there are plenty on Amazon or ebay, but they are chrome screw in things, not the same at all. The description is the same, a small insert to direct flow and stop leaks.
Can anyone put me on the right track to solve this, as every professional I ask has been unable to help. At the end of the day if I have to buy a new tap I will, but all to replace a bit of plastic.!:Sad:
If the threaded portion of your existing widget is approx. 24mm then search on eBay for 'flow straightener'. If you find one that looks OK ask the vendor for the thread diameter. 24mm seems to fit a wide range of domestic taps. I've just been through this pain with a domestic sink mixer & was told initially to buy a new tap.

If it is the sort I'm thinking of it will unscrew. If so check that the O ring is OK. Mine was & it was the threaded bit that had cracked but you might be lucky & find a split or missing O ring.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is just a push fit plastic widget. It no longer fits as well as it did so I'd like to replace it if I can find one.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We got one off eBay for our old auto trail kitchen tap. Same thread as domestic stuff & at about 6 quid we found a nice chrome one with adjustable direction so we don't have to move the tap spout from side to side:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back