Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 100
Exp
just a year
New to motorhoming. What is the best way to make sure the water tank is safe to use after winter emptying. Is there a cheap method of making the tank safe to use without getting a stomach bug.

Dave and Val:Sad:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We use the tablets couple of times a year and so far no problems

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Truma Aquastar treatment, 2 part treatment. Part 1 is descaler/cleaner, part 2 is steriliser. It will clean the entire water system from tank to taps and unlike Milton it is safe to use on stainless steel equipment.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I was interested about that for my MH--
Funsters said this---
Broken Link Removed

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I fill the tank about a third full, stick some Milton in, then open all the taps with the pump on to sterilise the pipes. I leave the Milton-treated water in the waste tank to slop around a bit while I'm driving locally then drain it off before our first proper trip. I also make sure the water tank's completely empty after sterilisation so my first cup of tea doesn't taste like swimming pool water.

Another thing worth checking is your pump filter - mine was a gunky green colour at the end of last summer so I gave it a good scrub with a spare toothbrush. The pump works better now.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Go to Wilkingsons, find their Home Brew slot, grab a thingee of Sterilizer Powder, it'll cost you £1.
Mix the whole can up with About 30 litres of water, MAKE SURE IT IS ALL DISOLVED, BEFORE YOU PUMP IT THRO YOUR SYSTEM:Sad:

Go for a spin, wait a couple of hours, empty system, flush. I do mine twice a year.

AND, never, ever, put untreated water in your tank:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back