Tangier med (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Hopefully sailing from Algeciras to tangier Med on Wednesday of Thursday .
Question 1, do we really need a separate GB sticker besides the one on the number plate ?

Question 2, where exactly on the tangier med quayside can I get my scooter insured ?

Thanks as always ...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your number plate GB sticker will be OK. There are several insurance brokers and money exchanges in the office complex which you cant miss. Am not sure if they will insure a scooter though. Quads are definitely a no, no.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well there's 100's of French vans here and I've not seen one of them with anything other than a F on the number plate,
Sorry can't help with the scooter
Ps weathers great

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I don't think I saw a scooter or moto in Maroc with a number plate or lights so I think insurance might be a bit superfluous :LOL:

Dick

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes you can get scooter insurance when you land at Tanger-Med - one of our minigroup had to. Once you've cleared Customs & Immigration (where you'll also have to register the scooter - tell Carlos when you buy your tickets, he'll sort that bit for you) park at the row of Bureaux de Change just beyond; you'll need to get some dirhams anyway. The last building is an assurance company and will sell you insurance. It ain't cheap and I really have no idea if it's any good, but that's life!

Follow the Morocco 2016 thread - lots of info on there. Look forward to perhaps seeing you somewhere, there's quite a few Funsters roaming Maroc.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just curious, but why do you need different insurance for a scooter in Maroc, why does the existing insurance not cover it ? (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Just curious, but why do you need different insurance for a scooter in Maroc, why does the existing insurance not cover it ? (n)

It depends on whether your UK insurance company will issue a green card for your scooter for Morocco. Ours did but if the OPs insurance company won't then they'll need to buy it elsewhere, e,g at the border.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back