Tan Hill Swaledale welcomes Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Screenshot_20200703-224935_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
For those of us travelling from A to B cheap pub stopovers are the way ahead and a nice little earner for those businesses prepared to give us the opportunity to use their car parks and if they offer free parking if dining or using their services so much the better.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Unless someone keeps up with the cleaning they will be a stinky disgrace in no time, i dont think its a good idea, it spoils the ruggedness of the area. Tan Hill is all about the no facilities remote moorland ruggedness being 1732 feet ASL, not having rows of plastic toilets outside.

They should be advertising its strong points, the beauty of the area, the views, the moors, the stunning yorkshire dales, the birdlife and nature instead of this gimmick. ''Come here for a remote getaway escape, no facilities but be stunned by the views in the countrys highest pub etc etc'' They are playing it wrong in my opinion of course.

We have stayed at Tan Hill many times even had Christmas there one year in the van, we were the only ones in the pub on Christmas day lunchtime whilst the dinner was cooking nicely in the van.

we used our own shower, toilet(spare cassette), water etc which is what a motorhome is for. They will be turning it into a proper campsite at this rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Stayed there last year and the area has a charm to the remoteness. However we weren’t impressed with the food in the pub😫. There was a charge, I think £5 pn but that went to charity. I agree with CazPaul - don’t like the portaloos!!

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
They've accepted us for a while now.

We went on the Saturday between Christmas and New year last year, got there whilst it was still light, maybe 2ish, and struggled to find a parking space it was that busy!

we got ourselves a table, had our tea and plenty of Tan Hill ale and caught the band, a good night's sleep, then back in for breakfast after a walk over moors - brilliant night

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
It’s £10 per person! a night to stop over. It goes to charity apparently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well at least they are flushing toilets and not just potaloo type but we do not use campsite toilets even if spotless, as we much prefer our own in-house facilities.

I suppose they would be useful for emptying cassettes ;) :rolleyes:

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back