Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
London and Granada Altiplano
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
One of the tambour elements of the shower door on our 2015 Autocruise Forte has dropped as you can see in the photo and the leading two upper part of the tambours are out of the runners. Is this just a matter of brute force and ignorance, or is there a technique for fixing this?

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_4154.JPG
    IMG_4154.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 135

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you can push them back up to the top of the upper runner see if they will just slot in the bottom, if not it's a case of either trying to gently 'bend' the slats to get them in without damaging them (be careful very!) or removing the vertical plastic batton* (about 1" x 1" x 75" running the full height of the inside of the door frame nearest the toilet which stops the door coming out at the end of the runners, then carefully slotting the pieces back on and putting the batton back on.

* When I wanted to remove a single slat from the door removing the batton allowed me to take the whole tambour door off, it then took it into the house and slide out a slat, then put the rest back in - it made it much easier to get in/out of the doorway and didn't affect it in use at all.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have a tambour door on our bathroom. The door itself is a complete plastic affair and the indivual slats are fixed to each other, so I'm a little mystified that you seem to have a couple that have slipped down, this should not happen as they should be contained within the runner guide at the bottom I would advise have a look at the bottom to make sure it is still contained within the runner channel. The top part is only a guide and if the bottom part is sound you could undo a couple of the screws in the top guide and slip the slats back in. Unfortunately, I am unable to see just how big your door is and it may be totally different set up to mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Phil, I had an Autocruise Accent and the only way to remove the door is as I've suggested above, if the OP is lucky he might be able to persuade them back in but more than likely not so removal as I've mentioned will be the only option but it's not difficult and unlike your door the slats are separate and slide onto each other, a bit like tongue and groove timber but 'hook' round each other at the same time so when you open the door they 'follow' each other, this is why I was able to slide on of the slats off.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Like Minxy l had an Autocruise Accent with a problem bathroom door. I just managed to get my arm in and unscrew the upper track and realign the doors.
In my present van l have had the doors "fall" out ot the runners. Subsequently having relocated the doors l then ran two strips of gafffer tape full length top and bottom of the doors to keep them in place.

OP
OP
iLondoner

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
Thanks for the responses. I tried prising it back in the track and it just jumped out again when I closed the door fully. I'll have a go at dismantling it.

Although I'm generally impressed with Swift, the first dealer I spoke to (Michael Jordan Caravans) declined to look at it because we didn't buy the MH from them. When I complained to Swift the email response was, "In most cases it would be the supplying dealer who would be obliged to raise any issues under the warranty," but the warranty is with Swift, not the dealer, and in any case it looks like the supplying dealer (Webbs) is no longer a Swift dealer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The supplying dealer is the one to go back to for warranty work, even if they are no longer a Swift dealer (ie seller) they should still be able to claim from Swift for the warranty work carried out on a vehicle they sold (within a reasonable time scale of course).

Other Swift dealers are under no obligation to sort it for you ... it's not like the Fiat base where you can use any Fiat dealer (so long as they can 'cope' with a van/MH) and they can't turn you away.

OP
OP
iLondoner

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
Thanks for the advice. I've had the vertical batten off and managed to persuade the errant strip back into the runner, but when the door is fully closed and I try to open it, the strips jump out at the 90º turn. And the whole door isn't upright. So I think a dealer visit is a must.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just a thought ... you haven't removed the tape along the back have you? It is the white horizontal band which you can see on the left half-way up the tambour door in our previous Accent:

11 - Washroom units.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back