Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Its not, its a slip road joining motorway. Bet Charlie would love Scotland. Hope you've got him xmas pressies.
He would love Scotland, lots of water and apart from a few freak events not baking hot. I've travelled fairly extensively in Scotland but apart from one trip to the east coast in 2014 all pre-MH ownership. This is us at Cruden Bay, to the right of the car. Amazing spot and a revelation for me as I'd always written off most of the east coast for being too boring compared to the west. :)

P6170069-1.JPG

We've bought Charlie a joke detector for Christmas but I not sure he will appreciate it.

Who else can I give it to....? :) :) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Had my first fish supper I've had since last Christmas....was good ....my mum never ate most of hers so jade and milo have been well and truly spoiled today .

Chip shop looking for drivers so I may have a night or two delivery driving already ...will see.

Gotta give toby and the car a wash tommorow they are both absolutely filthy

just watch out tam , not sure if you know this , the police are hammering down on delivery drivers, you have to tell your insurance provider that you are using your car for business or your not insured, the police are watching out for delivery drivers then checking the insurance database , if you haven’t insured the car for business use you will get done for using a car without insurance , a few drivers in our village have had 6 points & fines

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
just watch out tam , not sure if you know this , the police are hammering down on delivery drivers, you have to tell your insurance provider that you are using your car for business or your not insured, the police are watching out for delivery drivers then checking the insurance database , if you haven’t insured the car for business use you will get done for using a car without insurance , a few drivers in our village have had 6 points & fines
Most companies will add personal business cover without charge, used to be standard but you have to ask for it now.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Great to follow the thread & to meet up again when you were over. Great as well to see your Mum looking so well when you consider this time last year you were worried about her. Good luck with whatever line you follow & keep us all in the loop.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base

I bought a little van hoping to do a bit of Amazon Flex work. Wouldn't have bothered if I'd known how much the insurance is for delivery work. I'm convinced a lot of people already doing it aren't telling their insurance. Don't blame them either to be honest.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Northernraider

I'm also kinda fed up being single so I'm gonna try joining a few dating sites when im back see if I can find myself a young fellow explorer .... not holding my breath on that one.

sounds like a good plan to me , I kinda felt that’s what was missing for you on your trip , someone to share it all with , the dogs are great but not the same as the human touch, I’m sure there is some young adventurer just waiting for you , If you take up irnbru’s new year’s offer I might see you there , welcome back to cold , wet & miserable Scotland ???????

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...but still never been noticed or mentioned thankfully
Oh it's been noticed - your dear Mum has just chosen not to mention it...

...for the moment

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
He would love Scotland, lots of water and apart from a few freak events not baking hot. I've travelled fairly extensively in Scotland but apart from one trip to the east coast in 2014 all pre-MH ownership. This is us at Cruden Bay, to the right of the car. Amazing spot and a revelation for me as I'd always written off most of the east coast for being too boring compared to the west. :)

View attachment 350333

We've bought Charlie a joke detector for Christmas but I not sure he will appreciate it.

Who else can I give it to....? :) :) :)
It's a nice spot that at cruden bay , walk through the fairy woods to Dracula's castle

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Great to follow the thread & to meet up again when you were over. Great as well to see your Mum looking so well when you consider this time last year you were worried about her. Good luck with whatever line you follow & keep us all in the loop.
It was great catching up with you too and thanks for all your help with the alternator etc much appreciated...I'm sure I'll be back over next winter

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It's been a brilliant thread Tam, thanks very much.
Please keep it running so that we can all see how you are getting on. You and the pups have become a part of our lives and the NMC would never forgive you if you stop posting. :xeek:

The very best of luck with finding some decent work and I'm looking forward to your future trips.

Richard.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm glad you've all enjoyed it ....hadn't planned to close it down and probably wont start a new one till I head off somewhere ..whether that's a wardens job or back to europe.
This one will probably just be day to day dribble and van maintenance for a while as that's all that's happening just now ....gotta list of jobs to get done on toby

Starting with a good wash tommorow as hes filthy , fitted all the new led bulbs today it's like Blackpool illuminations in here now.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Tam nice to see your Mum looking so well, remember she will need her own space to have a little doze during the day.

I’ve enjoyed your travels and photos, thank you for that.

Keep posting even if it’s only occasionally. X

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Tam my son delivered for Dominos when he was at university, he loved it especially the free pizza back at base. He also got lots of tips.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Great thread Tam...although I haven’t posted many comments I’ve being following your travels and travails over the past year....one of many (almost) silent followers I’m sure.

Funnily enough one of my few posts was to mention that
I was fed up travelling alone and was going to find a dating site. I think you said don’t bother (which I ignored ?) and therefore spent the spring and summer with various women (one invited me out to her villa in Majorca !....didn’t work out sadly though). One did work out though so am now ensconced in her place in Winchester.

Downside is that she works full time and hasn’t got the ability to go off for long periods in the Hymer so I’m grounded for a bit in England (in the winter ☹️) albeit with a woman to keep me warm so be careful what you wish for !

Anyway look forward to your next adventure and good luck with the totty and the work.

Alex

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam my son delivered for Dominos when he was at university, he loved it especially the free pizza back at base. He also got lots of tips.
Yeah I delivered takeaways from age 17 to about 32/33 to make extra money .when kids were younger etc.

So not something new for me

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Great thread Tam...although I haven’t posted many comments I’ve being following your travels and travails over the past year....one of many (almost) silent followers I’m sure.

Funnily enough one of my few posts was to mention that
I was fed up travelling alone and was going to find a dating site. I think you said don’t bother (which I ignored ?) and therefore spent the spring and summer with various women (one invited me out to her villa in Majorca !....didn’t work out sadly though). One did work out though so am now ensconced in her place in Winchester.

Downside is that she works full time and hasn’t got the ability to go off for long periods in the Hymer so I’m grounded for a bit in England (in the winter ☹) albeit with a woman to keep me warm so be careful what you wish for !

Anyway look forward to your next adventure and good luck with the totty and the work.

Alex
Aye ...I'm not getting involved with someone again that doesn't have the ability to travel , I've joined a few vanlife , nomad, type groups and forums ....I'd rather try and find another fulltimer

I really dont want tied to a particular location etc ....or bricks and mortar

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Wellcome home Tam,the wife and I have followed your adventures over the last two years and loved them .Good luck for the future,enjoy the time with your mum till something turns up.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Yep I’m with you there....trouble is trying to find a nice women with the means to travel long term and with other interesting assets is difficult to say the least....and believe me I tried. I’m just going to have to try to find a time when she’s in a really really good mood and explain tactfully that I’m off to Europe in the Moho without her for a few months....that’s my plan anyway ?. Can’t give up on Motorhoming....have been doing it for 20 years now and the feeling of freedom you get from it is far to nice !

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Yep I’m with you there....trouble is trying to find a nice women with the means to travel long term and with other interesting assets is difficult to say the least....and believe me I tried. I’m just going to have to try to find a time when she’s in a really really good mood and explain tactfully that I’m off to Europe in the Moho without her for a few months....that’s my plan anyway ?. Can’t give up on Motorhoming....have been doing it for 20 years now and the feeling of freedom you get from it is far to nice !
Let us know when your off , could be an opportunity , Tams not the only one looking :LOL:

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Business cover and delivery diver insurance are completely different, the 2nd being very expensive.

Many don't bother, an unisured sign written courier van wrote off a colleague's car legally parked outside their house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back