Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There are two fans on the Truma. One is critical to operation and is speed controlled - the combustion fan. The second simply pushes heated air through your duct system. It is pretty obvious which is which & it's worth checking the combustion fan intake isn't clogged.

If it causes lights to flicker check the state of the leisure battery connections - there isn't anything on the Truma that draws enough current to cause lights to flicker unless there's a poor connection at the Electrobloc or at the battery.
I can only see one fan which is the one that pushes air through although that does speed up and slow down.
Where is the other one ? It is pretty dusty in that cupboard so I'll try and Hoover some of that out tomorrow as well as do the tests @Lenny HB mentioned

When the lights flicker it's just as the fan has got up to max speed then there's a click the lights flicker and the fan slows down but doesn't stop it will then build up speed again.

It's similar to what it's meant to do when it gets up to temperature only it's doing it on the max setting when it's still cold

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well you'll be glad to know I never found the bridge either :p I was heading for an aire south of rouen so I probably bi passed it.
Going south you normally bypass it and go down to the one way road along the side of the river.
Coming north if you end up on the east side of the river and your satnav tells you to keep left tell it to shut the f**k up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: XYL
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If it's dusty in that cupboard it could mean the fan is clogged. The combustion fan is in the air intake and much smaller than the air circulation fan.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok well that was a nice quiet spot for the night, jade and I had an early night and curled up in bed and watched a movie on the tablet.

Heating was on for a good hour or so last night and again this morning and didn't cut off and no red light flashing. But the battery wasn't below 12.7 v or so ....
It's freezing here this morning with a heavy frost on the ground, we are just back from a walk around the town. Some very nice old houses in this town here's one of them
20190119_101736.jpg
20190119_101757.jpg

Considering how cold it is though I can't believe how many houses have at least one window wide open ...I'm walking about with a jumper , coat , scarf, hat and gloves on lol.

So I'm heading towards le man today I've stuck my yellow vest up on the dash in case of more road blocks lol.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ok well that was a nice quiet spot for the night, jade and I had an early night and curled up in bed and watched a movie on the tablet.

Heating was on for a good hour or so last night and again this morning and didn't cut off and no red light flashing. But the battery wasn't below 12.7 v or so ....
It's freezing here this morning with a heavy frost on the ground, we are just back from a walk around the town. Some very nice old houses in this town here's one of them
View attachment 277913 View attachment 277914

Considering how cold it is though I can't believe how many houses have at least one window wide open ...I'm walking about with a jumper , coat , scarf, hat and gloves on lol.

So I'm heading towards le man today I've stuck my yellow vest up on the dash in case of more road blocks lol.
Smokie lounges with their big wood burners.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds hopefully, maybe you had a gummed up fan and using it has free’d it up.
Possibly , to be honest I was getting a hot smell from the boiler last weekend when I was first using it but haven't been getting that since Monday, I will take the floor panel of wardrobe later and give inside the boiler area a good hoover out.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Possibly , to be honest I was getting a hot smell from the boiler last weekend when I was first using it but haven't been getting that since Monday, I will take the floor panel of wardrobe later and give inside the boiler area a good hoover out.
Also check that the ducting pipes are on all 4 outlets as if the aren't it will overheat and shutdown. Also worth checking the ducting runs for crushed pipes.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What a dull foggy cold and rainy day it is today such a change from yesterday when it was lovely and sunny.

I'm about 14km north of Le man at present ...stopped on a little aire for lunch and to walk jade. Haven't decided yet whether just to stop here tonight or drive to other side of Le man and find another stop.

Seem to have spent a lot of time driving....which isn't too bad cause it's nice and cosy ambling through the countryside with the heater on and listening to pink Floyd lol. The overcab bed on Toby squeeks though which is slowly driving me insane :p

Just filled up with fuel again but just for records sake I've now done 803 miles since home and used £205 worth of diesel.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If you fancy driving a little further south between Tours and Poitiers there is a lovely Aire with electric €4 and own water on ‘pitch’ and a lovely lake to walk around. I can give you exact location if interested
86A0C94A-7B8E-476A-906E-A4B5DE14C366.png

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Decided just to stay here tonight. So I could video call mum for a blether ...she's gained 2lb and the physios have been working her hard.
So this is the aire I'm on .....I'm the only one here which isn't a surprise lol.

Got soaked again while out with jade , came back made a brew and have just been lazing around reading.

Screenshot_20190119-174444_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20190119-174504_park4night.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Must be much better travelling with a dog, especially if you're solo. Gives you something to do and they always need walks so gives you another reason to get out and about and explore.

Might get one :LOL:
I can thoroughly reccomend it for those reasons , best thing I did

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I can thoroughly reccomend it for those reasons , best thing I did

I have thought about it and been keeping an eye on some of the dog adoption sites that are based in murcia.

Small matter of an operation on a slipped disc to get out the way first. No point getting a dog if I can't walk more than 5 minutes to exercise it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have thought about it and been keeping an eye on some of the dog adoption sites that are based in murcia.

Small matter of an operation on a slipped disc to get out the way first. No point getting a dog if I can't walk more than 5 miles to exercise it.
That's where I adopted jade from and I'm getting Milo from. So many dogs looking for loving homes and they make excellent travel companions, you can even blame them for taking wrong turnings etc , jade hangs her head in shame when I curse at Elizabeth ( the satnav)
They are also great hot water bottles , excercise enthusiasts and Hoover's

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Lol had to edit my last post. I wrote 5 miles instead of 5 minutes. I'd be fair tricket if I could walk 1 mile never mind 5!

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Glad to hear your Mum is progressing Tam, tho I think part of your timing for this trip is that you are well out of the way when she sees the kitchen door!
By golly though what a brilliant job Jade has done on brain washing you, I think evangelistic would be an appropriate word to describe you now :D or are you on a retainer from the doggy rescue centres? what ever it is keep up the good work, you are doing a brilliant job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back