Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (4 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Hi , @monzer , easy, you have a second preferably identical ball (same size and weight ), as he brings back the first, you start teasing him with the second, when you have his interest throw it, hopefully he will spit out the first and run after the second -repeat ad-nauseum!
Once the behaviour is established, instantly prior to your throwing the second ball you introduce your command "drop" ,"give" or whatever you have chosen to use (but always the same word).
The idea is he is never left without something to fetch or play with. :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Erm....... doesn’t work for me....

upload_2019-3-4_15-3-39.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You'll be about the same length as @BreweryDave with your rigs now :LOL:

ok @Val 2 dogs the resident dog expert.... Help me out here.... Dog wants to play fetch the ball, I want to play fetch the ball. I throw the ball, dog fetches the ball. Dog brings ball back but doesn't really want to give me the ball even though dog does want me to throw it again.

How do I get the dog to give up the ball after retrieval? Thanks in advance.
Act disinterested

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, was Milo better /happier in the trailer? Talk about two smiley dogs! I think Milo'so smile looks a bit smug- still that's not surprising with both you
Aye they were both fine , jade still tells him off cause he sits on her etc but I don't blame her ...he's a bit like that fat kid from the goonies the bugger runs around daft on the bed and jumps on my face too..

If he was human he would be that annoying little kid that pestered you all the time

My legs are all scratches with him trying to climb up them

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Hmm, just like a spoilt human child with no guidance? having no boundaries set it must keep pushing it's luck until someone /something cares enough to say NO.
Poor Jade that's a big responsibility for a little dog barely more than a puppy herself.
It's a good job you aren't really bothered about finding a student /casual relationship Tam, coz by golly should that unfortunate female ever materialise, she's gonna have to be REALLY KEEN to share your bed and it's for sure there won't be much sleeping happening! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hmm, just like a spoilt human child with no guidance? having no boundaries set it must keep pushing it's luck until someone /something cares enough to say NO.
Poor Jade that's a big responsibility for a little dog barely more than a puppy herself.
It's a good job you aren't really bothered about finding a student /casual relationship Tam, coz by golly should that unfortunate female ever materialise, she's gonna have to be REALLY KEEN to share your bed and it's for sure there won't be much sleeping happening! :ROFLMAO:
Bed???

Jees it's a sure sign your getting old when all the exciting stuff happens in bed :p

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That looks like a lovely place, can you overnight, where is it please ?
It's in roquetas de mar.

This spot it says no camping but as long as you are only parked the police don't bother you.

It's at their discretion and what ever mood they are in whether they allow you to stay over on this spot or you have to move a km away to the carpark.

2 vans stayed over on this bit last night with no probs .

Police pass every hour or so

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My lityle Romanian friend that sells the vegetables from her push bike has jist been past . She remembered me and jade from last year .. she says " you are the crazy Scotsman. ..But hey this is a different van and you have 2 dogs"

That's impressive considering the hundreds if not thousands of vans that park up here every year.

I got some cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers and a couple of peppers. She's more expensive than the supermarket but she's a nice old girl and I feel it does my bit for supporting locals :)

I'm a little addicted to cherry tomatoes....

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I got some cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers and a couple of peppers. She's more expensive than the supermarket but she's a nice old girl and I feel it does my bit for supporting locals :)

I'm a little addicted to cherry tomatoes....

Is that code for something? :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dogs are worse than children. I was letting the pups have free reign and porter about on the beach etc but as usual jade has to push it and keep wandering further away , eating random stuff off the beach etc and ignoring me when I call her back so in the end I had to go get her and have put her in the van ....now I'm getting pitying looks from her and a wee sad face and I'm the one sat here feeling like a meany. Milo comes back no probs on the few occasions he wanders off with her.
Dogs are like kids they just never understand rules are for a reason, I'm not spoiling her fun I just don't want her hit with a car or eating something poisionous etc...But try explaining that to a dog man.

And @Val 2 dogs before you say it I know ....But training her isn't as easy as you think
I'm standing there with treats and a squeaky toy and she isn't interested...the scraps on the beach are more interesting and she knows if she comes back I'm going to stop her having them.
She will always be a forager I don't think any amount of training will ever get that out of her.
Maybe I fuss over her too much and should just apply the old school hell will mend you approach...

I walk away from milo he comes running
I walk away from jade she just continues foraging.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I know training isn't easy Tam and each dog has a different personality.
For me training is /was my hobby and passion. You have other things to occupy your mind and time.
The only suggestion I can make is possibly play on her jealousy /curiosity .
When she's doing her own thing and not responding to you, run away, don't walk. Play loudly and boisterously with Milo, try to arouse her curiosity in what you are doing ,when /if she comes back play an exciting game with her.:):( good luck.
Ps. You haven't got to be embarrassed or afraid of looking stupid .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'll tell you something I've noticed on this trip compared to last year. Every supermarket last year seemed to have a resident begger outside. I used to keep all the loose change I never used in a separate pocket for these occasions...I rarely saw a supermarket without one.

I've not seen a single begger this year and only 2 homeless guys ....I wonder why that is.

I've a load of dross to get rid off lol ...anything less than 50 cents I never use

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know training isn't easy Tam and each dog has a different personality.
For me training is /was my hobby and passion. You have other things to occupy your mind and time.
The only suggestion I can make is possibly play on her jealousy /curiosity .
When she's doing her own thing and not responding to you, run away, don't walk. Play loudly and boisterously with Milo, try to arouse her curiosity in what you are doing ,when /if she comes back play an exciting game with her.:):( good luck.
Ps. You haven't got to be embarrassed or afraid of looking stupid .
It just bothers me when I have to get on to her ....I don't want her thinking I've favourites etc as that isn't the case . But at the minute I don't have to even try with milo he just stays close and if he strays he comes straight back.
I just reinforce that by telling him good boy etc ...he isn't even one for treats he doesn't always take them.
But he was found at only a few weeks old and hand reared so that may have made things different for him.
Jade was a few months old and had to fend for herself originally so I think that mindset is well and truly in there. I've no doubt she loves her dad BUT I think maybe deep down she just doesn't want to rely on me and likes to keep her self preservation. Not sure how I can change that.
But getting on at her makes me feel worse than her lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back