Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Yes but limited to half for europe. Last yr we had 40gb 20 you could use in europe but you cant just buy another if you still have UK minutes you need to wait until your months up.
I’ve got GiffGaff and Vodafone....you can start a new plan with GiffGaff if your minutes run out but then your new plan starts from that day and you forfeit what was left of your payment which isn’t so bad as you’ve used it up anyway...I find Vodafone 60GB data only in my Hawaiawahai MiFi with a 4G Ariel which I’ve got but haven’t fitted yet is just about right...they can’t quibble or throttle on that one plus a 60GB GiffGaff for iPad. £30 for Vodafone plus £20 for GiffGaff which I can adjust to a new GoodyBag if I find I’m not using it. Yes £50 is a lot but I like to know I have plenty of data.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Banner batteries! they might last a week if you are lucky.

The Aire at the northern end of Le Crotoy is not as busy and right behind the sand dunes but a 20 min walk to the harbour.
Arrrrgh ! I talk to them every morning. Actually the aires not too busy, I’ve seen it a lot worse....no one even parked in the middle...all around the edge.....HUGE storm last night...was hoping the lighting would put some power into my Banners....I think that’s how it works.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
He would be wise to fit a new alternator before going.
I dont think theres anything wrong with it

I think it was a freak occurrence due to battery being at 7.8v

But will see how it goes ....i plan to take the van out overnight the next few Tuesdays to make sure everything is OK before i head off

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I set off yesterday....probably gonna do the same trip as you....head to Greece then turn right for Spain. Just arrived at Le Crotoy aire....lots of French....not many Brits. I’m keeping an eye on my DT100....petrified.....I’m down to 12.8 volts....is that bad ? ....and with Banner batteries 😱.....I’ll blame you if I keep breaking down.

View attachment 415471View attachment 415472View attachment 415473
That aire is giving me the fear lol .....looks like hell

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I’ve got GiffGaff and Vodafone....you can start a new plan with GiffGaff if your minutes run out but then your new plan starts from that day and you forfeit what was left of your paymen

Have you actually tried it when you are abroad? We used it last year and were unable to renew when we ran out of overseas minutes. We had to wait until our renewal date.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Have you actually tried it when you are abroad? We used it last year and were unable to renew when we ran out of overseas minutes. We had to wait until our renewal date.
Yes I have... for years....you just start a new GoodyBag early..

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
You want to see it when it's busy I think it has a capacity of 100 often 150 there.
Lol...I’ve got used to using it on my first night...I think it’s alright....it was full of circus folk once when I went there with my kids...they wanted to go in but persuaded them it was not a good idea....they might have run off and become trapeze artists. Le Crotoy is rammed so as I’m trying to be a bit careful what with Covid might head off to somewhere a bit less crowded..Limousin maybe....just can’t decide whether to head east...Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, North Macedonia, Greece or just do France, Spain and maybe Morocco 😱 and leave the Greece trip until next April...Just think by the time I get to Greece the weather will be stormy and crap....a girlfriend wants to meet me in Kardamyli (in fact she wanted to travel down with me 😱😱) but avoiding women for a bit....

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
"Tam Sets off for Greece, but ends up in Spain"

Funnily enough that’s what I was thinking 😄 ,
he hated France & Italy BUT I think it was because it was more expensive

what about calling it “3rd time lucky “ 🙏

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I was looking forward to last years trip & was I little disappointed when you quickly turned in Italy & headed to the comfort and familiarity of Spain , reading your posts it seemed expense was a big part of that decision,
I enjoy following your trips as they are REAL LIFE ADVENTURES with all the trials/tribulations/tantrums & tiaras ,following you I feel your pains & joys as you live life with your heart on your sleeve
it’s going to be more expensive this time especially in Croatia so here’s the deal , how about I’ll put £10 in your account when you get to Greece to help , hopefully others will pledge similar & give you the incentive to get there 😁

edit. I changed it from £20 to £10 to encourage other to join in , any Other kind souls in ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I was looking forward to last years trip & was I little disappointed when you quickly turned in Italy & headed to the comfort and familiarity of Spain , reading your posts it seemed expense was a big part of that decision,
I enjoy following your trips as they are REAL LIFE ADVENTURES with all the trials/tribulations/tantrums & tiaras ,following you I feel your pains & joys as you live life with your heart on your sleeve
it’s going to be more expensive this time especially in Croatia so here’s the deal , how about I’ll put £10 in your account when you get to Greece to help , hopefully others will pledge similar & give you the incentive to get there 😁

edit. I changed it from £20 to £10 to encourage other to join in , any Other kind souls in ?
I'm more prepared for the expense this year which might help ....but expect me still to complain about it lol 😁 but it was also the weather it rained the entire time I was in South France and North Italy lol

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Had you made it a pound I might've joined in but I really dont think its the ££££ with Tam but more the principle. We stopped at a local village store today for an ice cream, they had none but had magnums for £2 each. Given you can get 16 for a fiver from Farmfoods we declined. Something I guess Tam would do too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back