Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What temperature controller did you use?
The scottish sweat one

When I'm hot ill switch fans on
When I'm not i won't lol
Temperature controllers are too fancy for me lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What has he used to clean them ?
Did you not start removing the covers at one point ?
A karcher carpet shampooer/steamcleaner....lot of dirt came out thats for sure
I think they've had years of suncream bodies and sand to contend with

I'm pleased how the turned out

I tried to remove the covers back in February but had a nightmare with the armrests so decided just to have them cleaned

I did remove all the covers from rear cushions and bed etc and did them in washing machine they came up like new.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So heres the finished seats

20200813_143608.jpg
20200813_143627.jpg

Pretty good I reckon , they are back to navy blue now instead of the faded look they had

Well worth the £25

Its a shame they will now be hidden under seat covers lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The scottish sweat one

When I'm hot ill switch fans on
When I'm not i won't lol
Temperature controllers are too fancy for me lol
Cheapskate, well worth fitting a controller for the few quid they cost. Fridges don't work very well if they get over cooled.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cheapskate, well worth fitting a controller for the few quid they cost. Fridges don't work very well if they get over cooled.
Maybe something I'll do later ....to be honest ill likely not need them this year as I'll be away over the autumn, winter and spring.....but last summer in Spain and portugal I could have been doing with them then

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018

WELL , I did follow in the foot steps of Lenny HB , from his Blog (modding the gin palace ) , very helpful Lenny , thanks 😁 , then I used the same principle to make my extraction fan ,can be moved from kitchen to bedroom, mostly for going to be used in bedroom IF the weather gets to warm in September in France (or Spain) , cost £25 to make

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
WELL , I did follow in the foot steps of Lenny HB , from his Blog (modding the gin palace ) , very helpful Lenny , thanks 😁 , then I used the same principle to make my extraction fan ,can be moved from kitchen to bedroom, mostly for going to be used in bedroom IF the weather gets to warm in September in France (or Spain) , cost £25 to make
Aye i liked that idea

I dont have a skylight in my kitchen though 😁

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
It is a simple relay within the EBL that controls split charging. It's a device that connects the alternator (or more often depending on how it was wired the starter battery) to the leisure battery and has no control over how much charging occurs. I'm trying to explain that it's a simple switch - on when the engine is running and off when it isn't. As such it places the starter and engine batteries in parallel when the engine is running. Because the starter battery is nearer the alternator connected by shorter, thicker, wire it receives the lions share of the alternator output with the remainder available to charge the leisure battery. The alternator outputs around 14.2 volts and as the batteries charge they too rise towards the same voltage. As each battery voltage rises current from the alternator will fall because the rising battery voltage opposes the fixed alternator voltage. If the starter battery charges quickly (which it does because it is nearest the alternator) it will oppose the alternator voltage and little current will flow into it. Even if the less-than-fully-charged leisure battery drags down the voltage seen by the alternator it will have less effect than a less-than-fully-charged starter battery. The upshot is that if the starter battery is at 100% and the leisure battery is at 80% then 5A is good. I certainly wouldn't expect to see more.

As for the 17+volts you saw there is only one component that can raise the voltage to that level - the alternator. It cannot in any way be affected by the EBL or the EBL internal split-charge circuitry. Hope this helps (and doesn't cause more confusion) :Eeek: .
Come on Northernraider it’s simple ! As long as you don’t confuse negative with positive, or is it the other way around it all just works.

Attachments

• DC8952F2-50B0-4B6E-BF17-583A0AB31B23.jpeg
    DC8952F2-50B0-4B6E-BF17-583A0AB31B23.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Aye i liked that idea

I dont have a skylight in my kitchen though 😁

skylight in my bedroom & kitchen are the same size , was Really for the bedroom (works well ) but could also be used in the kitchen , probably in Scotland as I would cook outside in Europe

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well now that I think I've got most if not all the issues fixed with Toby I think i will aim to head off around the 14/15th September
Probably take 4 days or so between here and folkestone ...might pop in to see Lenny HB if he's not in hiding and buy him a pint or 4 for his help

I'm not setting in stone where I'm heading as I'm keeping an eye on the covid outbreaks and will go where its safe etc
No desire to end up locked down somewhere for weeks or being turned back

But the general aim is to get to greece .....either via croatia etc or simply through italy .......if that looks sketchy then it won't break my heart to revisit spain.
I dont plan to rush and will spend some time in Germany perhaps the mosel Valley as that looks nice.

As im off every Tuesday now I'm going to go away for a night with Toby this Tuesday....not a great distance but perhaps arbroath or something just to check my engine charging while driving ....ill run batteries down a bit on Monday night just to see.

I'm both excited and a little nervous about heading off again .....i think I've got to comfortable staying in the one place again and too used to earning decent money but I'm sure once on the road again that will pass.

Will need to think up a thread title for the next trip ....so im open to suggestions.

The wee car has served me well but I need to do another couple of wee repairs to it before I leave as I plan to just park it up at mums to use again when I'm back next year.

I also need to get a data only sim for my tablet and my phone is up for renewal in December.....think I'm going to just get a sim only deal this time as I want to minimise my monthly outgoings while on the road. So any good reccomendations on that front would be good.....must have European coverage

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You could get 2 sim only cards, Giffgaff which runs off O2 and Smarty that runs off 3. That way you wont run out if you set them off 2 weeks apart.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes but limited to half for europe. Last yr we had 40gb 20 you could use in europe but you cant just buy another if you still have UK minutes you need to wait until your months up.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I set off yesterday....probably gonna do the same trip as you....head to Greece then turn right for Spain. Just arrived at Le Crotoy aire....lots of French....not many Brits. I’m keeping an eye on my DT100....petrified.....I’m down to 12.8 volts....is that bad ? ....and with Banner batteries 😱.....I’ll blame you if I keep breaking down.

CBA0A5E6-0A78-4E68-AD96-5B04BF5A735D.jpeg
3C92AAC2-AE42-403D-A43A-D9DA5289BE84.jpeg
DEBE3897-A7C7-475D-8631-0604FF477A59.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back