Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
The price of fish?
Which fish did you have in mind? I had battered cod and chips in Felixstowe today and it was excellent. £6.80.
If you’re talking proper fish,halibut is one of my favourites,but last time I tried to buy some it wasn’t available. Maybe you’ve eaten it all?
:LOL::LOL:;);)

What else might we talk about.........I’ve got slugs in my lettuce patch?:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Which fish did you have in mind? I had battered cod and chips in Felixstowe today and it was excellent. £6.80.
If you’re talking proper fish,halibut is one of my favourites,but last time I tried to buy some it wasn’t available. Maybe you’ve eaten it all?
:LOL::LOL:;);)

What else might we talk about.........I’ve got slugs in my lettuce patch?:(
I've just mixed some tuna with red onion & mayonnaise for lunch butties tomorrow.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Anyone know where the ignitor is located on a smev oven?
Mines in the back garden at the moment,while we get the van ready for next weeks trip.
It’ll be near where the gas comes out of the pipe at the back. Turn the knob,click click click,whooosh and bobs your uncle.......Charlie’s your auntie!:LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah, thats how you got to access to check them so easily 👍🏻
Are you replacing that horrible stuff covering the gas locker ? If do what with, carpet.
No I was just reattaching it as it was all loose ...its hellish stuff and removes the skin from knuckles when pulling on handbrake but it matches the dash and side panels.

I just refitted it then spray painted it as it was faded

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’ve just had some Chinese chicken and I did look at a tub of Haagen Dazs as it was reduced to £2.50 but I’m on a diet..:crying::crying:
I should be on a diet but working 6 nights in a takeaway doesn't help

So ill start the diet when on the road again

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi Tam (Northernraider ) With your new-found knowledge and expertise can I call on you for help with the installation of an EBL 208 and LT453 I'm about to start on for a friend. His ArSilicii system failed and someone has made a right rat's nest of the wiring. I've ordered the Schaudt units and will be able to get to work around 24 August. Will you be able to give advice around that time, please?

The biggest job has been tracing the outer ends of all the cables which go into the old control unit area - about 15 of them. Strangely, there seems to be no level probes for the grey water tanks, yes, plural as there are two of them, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.

I thank you in anticipation, ha ha

John (y)(y):giggle:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam (Northernraider ) With your new-found knowledge and expertise can I call on you for help with the installation of an EBL 208 and LT453 I'm about to start on for a friend. His ArSilicii system failed and someone has made a right rat's nest of the wiring. I've ordered the Schaudt units and will be able to get to work around 24 August. Will you be able to give advice around that time, please?

The biggest job has been tracing the outer ends of all the cables which go into the old control unit area - about 15 of them. Strangely, there seems to be no level probes for the grey water tanks, yes, plural as there are two of them, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.

I thank you in anticipation, ha ha

John (y)(y):giggle:
Ha ha ha you would have to be nuts to take my advice on electrics ....

But I may know a few people 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hate to say it but still something not right with electrics

Batteries are showing 87%today on the control panel ...its bright sunshine and im only getting 1.4amps from my solar

Solar controller says battery full and excess power for aes

Engine running only 3.9amps

So something not right

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Batteries are showing 87%today on the control panel ...its bright sunshine and im only getting 1.4amps from my solar

So something not right
87% is nearly charged also how accurate is the 87% a 10% error could mean they are 96% changed.
As both engine and solar have reduced charge I would say there is nothing wrong.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan

So something not right
I guess it's how much store you put by the percentage figure.
I have a NASA BM2 battery monitor and it regularly says 90% full when the solar controller says 100%. The battery voltage is 12.9V. If I put a load on the batteries, the BM2 then slowly rises to 100%
My feeling is battery percentages are an art and not science...
I also think that when the CBE control panel joins the hab and cab batteries it confuses the %age even more eg. Whats the %age charge of two batteries?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
87% is nearly charged also how accurate is the 87% a 10% error could mean they are 96% changed.
As both engine and solar have reduced charge I would say there is nothing wrong.
I'll see what it says later but it normally goes to 100% so its weird to only be showing 87%

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'll see what it says later but it normally goes to 100% so its weird to only be showing 87%
It's a bit like years ago they fitted oil pressure gauges on cars,,my dad called them worry meters..I never look at the screen on my solar what do you call it box.Provided my leisure battery stays charged all is ok..BUSBY.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it was at 100% the solar should have reduced to 13.8v and a charge rate of less than an amp. Engine charging will be higher as the alternator will be poking out around 14.5v.
I decided to put the EHU on just to see

Been on 2 hours now....2amp input but still only reading 90%

Very strange .

Once it displays 100% ill turn it of again and I'll see what the solar does tomorrow

Maybe because I had it disconnected.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In other news today I was making my fridge vents ......got them built and fitted in the frame ..ill wire them up tomorrow

Are they meant to suck cold air in or the hot air out?
20200812_161323.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back