Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Edited - thought my ribbing was inappropriate at the moment.

... that was a terrible wait, and I hope your Mum is treated quickly & soon recovers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Stay positive for your Mum's sake Tam. I hope the morning brings good news with it and your Mum is feeling a lot better.
Maybe Jade knew more than you were giving her credit for.Us "intelligent" beings have lost so much in our rush to be superior animals.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok so mums off to hospital sisters gone with her ....its been a long day and dogs have spent most of it on there own , I've had 2 cream eggs and a can of tango since 10.30 am as kept thinking ambulance would be here soon so didn't want to go make anything....so I'm off to the takeaway for some dinner and then going to chill out with dogs.

Sister will keep me posted if any news but can't see them doing much now before morning....but better there than here I think just to be safe.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Ambulance just arrived ....not bad only 7 hours and 20 minutes

But we can afford hs2 and garden bridges
That is disgraceful.
Hope she will be OK but having to wait all that time can't help.
I would be writing a snotty letter to the local MP to ask what the hell is going on.

Richard.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
That is disgraceful.
Hope she will be OK but having to wait all that time can't help.
I would be writing a snotty letter to the local MP to ask what the hell is going on.

Richard.
Responsibility for the National Health Services in Scotland is a devolved matter and therefore rests with the Scottish Government. Legislation about the NHS is made by the Scottish Parliament. The Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing has ministerial responsibility in the Scottish Cabinet for the NHS in Scotland.
http://www.ournhsscotland.com/our-nhs/nhsscotland-how-it-works

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Responsibility for the National Health Services in Scotland is a devolved matter and therefore rests with the Scottish Government. Legislation about the NHS is made by the Scottish Parliament. The Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing has ministerial responsibility in the Scottish Cabinet for the NHS in Scotland.
http://www.ournhsscotland.com/our-nhs/nhsscotland-how-it-works
Yes and it still outperforms england overall , and the Scottish government spends more on it than allocated.

But it still isn't enough obviously when theres a 7 hour wait for an ambulance ?‍♂️

They obviously have to prioritise level of emergency and this wasn't considered an emergency....had her condition deteriorated it would have moved to the queue.

I can only imagine how long she'd have had to wait south of the border..

My point wasn't so much to do with scotland v England but more the priorities taken by government.......destructive high speed rail etc to shave 5 minutes off a journey for people in 2 cities or overall health care for an ageing population

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe need to do what I have to do and drink lots of fluid, I have been told to drink 3 litres a day.
A simple check is how pink her tongue is.
Yeah but getting her to drink is the problem

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I turned 47 on sunday .....whilst I dont look a day over 27 I'm not happy with the weight I've gained the last 2 years soooooo i started my diet yesterday ...i plan to just diet from now till 1st march then I'm going to diet and attend gym again.

Weighed in today at 18 stone on the nail , i want to lose 3 stone....

Wish me luck ...moral support and incentives are appreciated
20200212_140255.jpg

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Unfortunately the elderly don’t drink as they think they will have to pee more often! The irony is, by not drinking they are far more likely to get a urinary tract infection, which makes them have to wee more often, so they drink less....Keep an eye for your mum getting into this spiral, as when they get dehydrated and get a urinary tract infection the waste products can affect their thinking and they can get a bit confused. If you spot confusion early you can get antibiotics and more fluids, and head it off at the pass hopefully! I became a dab hand at this with my mum, who also refused to drink much! It’s a big cause of hospitalisation in the elderly - which explanation sometimes persuaded mum to drink more!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
So I turned 47 on sunday .....whilst I dont look a day over 27 I'm not happy with the weight I've gained the last 2 years soooooo i started my diet yesterday ...i plan to just diet from now till 1st march then I'm going to diet and attend gym again.

Weighed in today at 18 stone on the nail , i want to lose 3 stone....

Wish me luck ...moral support and incentives are appreciated

Join us on the Funster Fat Club thread :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back