Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Tam have you been eating all the leftovers/out of date stuff from the fridge. Make sure you boil the water you’re drinking. Perhaps it was the drink that was “off”.

Hopefully you’ll be back to normal in 24 hours. Take things easy today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Morning Tam

Are you feeling better this morning?
Unfortunately not still sick as a dog been in bed most of yesterday and this morning I got up took dogs out a short walk then drove over border in to Belgium mainly to get a quieter parking spot. Took 27monutes and in that time I had beads of sweat running of my face while the rest of me was cold and shivery. Parked up at 10.35 and went back to bed and only got up at 4.20 ...took dogs out and back In bed .
Haven't eaten since yesterday just drinking water

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam have you been eating all the leftovers/out of date stuff from the fridge. Make sure you boil the water you’re drinking. Perhaps it was the drink that was “off”.

Hopefully you’ll be back to normal in 24 hours. Take things easy today.
Nope not eaten anything out the ordinary definitely feels like some cold virus .....but been drinking loads yet still dehydrated it's just going straight through me ....left an aire with services yesterday morning yet cassette nearly full this morning normally 4 or 5 days .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hope you feel better tomorrow, if you haven't got a spare cassette you will have to do what the French do:-
Thursday picnic Aire just outside of Dieppe we were having lunch. French car pulls up bloke gets out drops his pants in full view has a dump wipes his bum and throws tissues on the ground.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Badwaldsee, Bavaria, a long way south.
If you were going to to do that you would be better going to Schaudt they make the Elektroblocks.
Yeah I googled and saw that . Don't plan to go that far , possibly not even get in to Germany not sure yet.
Can get refurbished ebl and panel in the UK if need be so not an issue really.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hope you feel better tomorrow, if you haven't got a spare cassette you will have to do what the French do:-
Thursday picnic Aire just outside of Dieppe we were having lunch. French car pulls up bloke gets out drops his pants in full view has a dump wipes his bum and throws tissues on the ground.
Aye I've got a spare cassette but I'm on an aire now anyway at tournai belgium which has a dump point.

They do that in Spain and Portugal too incidentally, I was sick of it at some beach locations every time I walked the dogs some bugger was crapping in the dunes or bushes ....wipes and toilet paper lying everywhere so they obviously go prepared

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh Tam, I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. Keep up the liquids and maybe some paracetamol if you think it's a cold/flu and of course rest as you are doing.
Yeah I've been taking solpadol as I've no paracetamol but a blinding headache since yesterday

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Tam the blinding headache could be because as you say you are dehydrated and you may need to see a doctor.
I hope you feel better soon.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Tam as Lenny HB has said Bad Waldsee.

Do make sure you are boiling the water you are drinking. Rest for a couple of days without the concentration of having to drive.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
They do that in Spain and Portugal too incidentally, I was sick of it at some beach locations every time I walked the dogs some bugger was crapping in the dunes or bushes ....wipes and toilet paper lying everywhere so they obviously go prepared
Ahhh Disgusting!!! If they were real real men they would wipes their Ar##s with sand (natures Izal paper equivalent) and bury it.:X3:
Sorry to hear you have the trots again Tam, hope you get what ever it is out and through you soon.
Good news is, you dont have to boil water, your in Belgium, home of great beers:cheers: so get some of them down you:D After all we did here at home in the Victorian days when the water was unsafe to drink, all they had was ale to live on.(y):)

Les

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spent most of yesterday sleeping still not great but a little better this morning , anything I ate yesterday , couple of pieces of fruit and a yoghurt I brought back up within 20 minutes, just got up at 8am so too early to tell this morning yet.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
‘Flu can go to you stomach, Imodium, something for stomach cramps-Buscopan, and flat room temp Coke-no food!
Go talk to the Pharmacie.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Coca Cola does it for me.
Hope you feel better soon!

Or a port and brandy:LOL:;)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cancel the feeling a bit better ...I'm still throwing up , I cabt keep anything down , I've not pood in 5 days ,its like the lower half of my body has went to sleep , I've no energy I cant even walk around van without staggering, I need a pharmacy but cant walk or drive and cant speak a word of the language.....and to top it off I'm running out of dog food ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm here
Screenshot_20191107-133240_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20191107-133246_park4night.jpg

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
If you can google nearest pharmacy & then stagger there, you can use google translate? Or nearest medical centre? Maybe leave the dogs in the van & take a plastic bag ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like the Tourist office is nearby, can you make it to there. They will speak good Engish and will contact a doctor or pharmacy for you.

Edit:

A bit over half a mile.

1573130782960.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back