Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes as above it is a common fault across the Fiat,peugeot,citroen range . Scandalous it has been going on so long. My mate had it here a few years back & easy repair in the Peugeot garage BUT they are not allowed to change one only all 4. about 185€ for the 4 new connectors & wires + labour. 250 all in. Find some in a scrappie is far better.
Yeah I think I'll buy the parts and replace them all ....I wouldn't pay the garage to fit them.
I only needed the garage to diagnose the problem really as I couldn't tell what was causing the issue

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad you got that misfire sorted and good luck for the rest of your trip
Well not entirely fixed but at least I know what it is now which is half the battle

Nice meeting you both
Hope you enjoy Portugal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think the Portuguese/Spanish? love their castles even more than the Scots. They must spend a mint on restoring them.
I agree with you about the apartment block but it looks fun:giggle:
I have to admit I do love a castle, I think I'd like to try and visit everyone throughout Europe. I'm not so much intersted in the insides but I love the architectural differences on the outside. Some are quite plain and boring while others are outrageous ....

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Thought this was a little weird and disturbing ..

Guess you haven’t been to the wicker man before ?

And that’s before they put a light to it

28FEBCDC-C19C-4406-B40B-F7881B9EF9B3.png

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Okay I've just got a new battery for volt meter .....putting it on the live and neg feed to the heater at present I'm getting 14.3v
Because it's now sunny the main control panel shows my hab batteries at 13.4 and my engine battery currently at 14.6.
Assuming your heater works off the hab batteries your readings don't make any sense: you cannot have a higher voltage at the heater than that at the battery supplying it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Assuming your heater works off the hab batteries your readings don't make any sense: you cannot have a higher voltage at the heater than that at the battery supplying it.
But you can have a control panel showing a different voltage from the actual batteries which is what was happening I think.

Anyway now that it's wired straight to the batteries it's working ok
At this time I'm not convinced the control panel doesn't also have a fault.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
But you can have a control panel showing a different voltage from the actual batteries which is what was happening I think.

Anyway now that it's wired straight to the batteries it's working ok
At this time I'm not convinced the control panel doesn't also have a fault.
You're right you can - it's best to rely on your meter for all tests. The panel doesn't do much - it's simply a control for the gubbins in the Electroblock. You need to monitor the voltage at the heater continuously so you can see what's happening when it fails. Everything you've said so far suggests a volt drop due to a poor connection - which won't necessarily be visible to the naked eye. If you take too much notice of battery levels / EHU connection / state of charge when the heater works or doesn't you'll end up chasing shadows. If for example the heater needs a minimum of, say, 11.5v to work and there's a drop between it and the battery then a higher voltage at the battery whilst on EHU will mean that the heater still works. The drop is still there but there's enough voltage at the source for it not to matter. The bottom line is that the heater really doesn't care what's happening at the battery: all it wants is the minimum voltage it needs at its terminals and that's what you need to monitor. Once you're happy that the heater only fails when its supply drops too far you can then find out why the supply is dropping.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I have to admit I do love a castle, I think I'd like to try and visit everyone throughout Europe. I'm not so much intersted in the insides but I love the architectural differences on the outside. Some are quite plain and boring while others are outrageous ....
You need to do the Loire then

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
we visit a castle in scotland that was triangular which makes sense defensively as less walls to guard
Aye some of them don't look very secure but I suppose the landscape and surrounding buildings have changed on many over the years ...others I guess are just for show.
Some of the most secure ones tend to be the not so pretty.

Which one are you referring to ? The triangular one

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So this morning we moved van to a quieter carpark near a big grasssy area for dogs . We then walked in to the city took about 35 minutes , can't say I was impressed with centre it wasn't anything special . Only saw a couple of buildings worth taking pics of ....cathedral has scaffolding which seems to be a thing this year as a few have been covered in it.

Got lost on way back as trying to find car parts place but when got there guy didn't speak any English and my Spanish wasn't good enough ...my chassis number is useless over here I've found so no good.
Finding way back to van took an hour lol even with map.

So anyway here's the pics i took

Only a few
20191009_105111.jpg
20191009_105426.jpg
20191009_105454.jpg
20191009_105601.jpg
20191009_105653.jpg
20191009_110005.jpg
20191009_110754.jpg
20191009_111402.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
& yet if you go in a ford dealers anywhere in Europe even just the registration number will bring up the full vehicle details.
Yeah it's weird because I don't think we build fiat chassis in the UK so surely the chassis number is given in Italy or wherever so you would think it would be Europe wide ..But that's the 3rd place that's said nothing comes up. Was just trying to buy front pads as I still havent changed them yet and always at back of mind in case I get caught short .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Why dont you go onto UK parts supplier eg https://www.eurocarparts.com/

put details in get part number and then you can cross ref if needed at least you will have a part#
Well that was a good idea...at least i got a number thst when i drop it in to google it brings up the pads on several sites so can only try it and see if any of these parts places have the same

There's only 2 types and I know mine are the larger ones of the 2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I honestly can't believe this like

Van is still misfiring like hell so I found a car parts place , managed to get my brake pads but can't get the cable I need ...So I asked about scrap yard ...he sent me to one but after checking every compatible car and there are many use this part he didn't have one to match...So he sent me to a smaller yard about 10 miles away.

I get there and he has 5 fiat ducatos .....all have the wire plug I need

BUT he won't let me cut one off ...he wants me to buy the whole bloody harness ...€60 for an €8 euro plug

He doesn't understand English so I can't explain to him that it does not unplug anywhere it's attached to the whole loom

So near yet so far I want to give the bugger a shake

The other scrap yard could not have been more helpful

This guy is an arse

So I have to try and find somewhere else

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Northernraider here is Bosch part number
https://www.3waycomponents.co.uk/Bo...el-Injector-Plug-Connector-Housing-1928403874
you just need to find Bosch outlet or good auto lecky place .

This site will do international I think

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider here is Bosch part number
https://www.3waycomponents.co.uk/Bo...el-Injector-Plug-Connector-Housing-1928403874
you just need to find Bosch outlet or good auto lecky place .

This site will do international I think
I have the universal number for the part but no place seems to have them.
That one scrap yard had them but wouldn't let me cut the cables.
It's a ten minute job and a part costing less than £10 it's just getting it that's the issue and the van is going crap ....struggles to get up a hill
Screenshot_20191010-131427_Chrome.jpg

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Northernraider There are 4 Bosch outlets in Leon . http://www.distribuidoresbosch.com/

Resultados de la búsqueda
  • AD RECAMBIOS CALFER (Grupo Regueira)
    BATALLA DE LEPANTO, 15
    24400 PONFERRADA (LEON) (Leon)
    0 m.
  • Millarto
    (Sin datos)
    --- León (León)
    0 m.
  • MILLARTO LEÓN
    AVDA.ANTIBIOTICOS,50
    24190 LEON (Leon)
    2.1 km.
    ARTESIANO PAR 94, P.I. TROBAJO DEL CAMINO
    24010 TROBAJO DEL CAMINO (LEÓN) (Leon)
    3.65 km.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider There are 4 Bosch outlets in Leon . http://www.distribuidoresbosch.com/

Resultados de la búsqueda
    BATALLA DE LEPANTO, 15
    24400 PONFERRADA (LEON) (Leon)
    0 m.
  • Millarto
    (Sin datos)
    --- León (León)
    0 m.
  • MILLARTO LEÓN
    AVDA.ANTIBIOTICOS,50
    24190 LEON (Leon)
    2.1 km.
    ARTESIANO PAR 94, P.I. TROBAJO DEL CAMINO
    24010 TROBAJO DEL CAMINO (LEÓN) (Leon)
    3.65 km.
But I'm not in Leon now I'm halfway between there and oveido as that's where all the scrap yards were.
The problem is I don't just need the plug I need the wire attached to it as that's the initial problem with them the cable is too short on injector 4 so it fails ...my one looks fine but might be the cable broken inside so if I get the one with wire attached I can make it longer.

There's a few more breakers yards in oviedo and also a bosch centre if stuck so I'll try those and see

I've had to cut the cable tie off that the mechanic put on as it's actually worse than it was at the minute

Problem is you can't wiggle the wire while engine is running as you get a shock of the bugger ....it's like touching an hd lead from a coil.....bloody thing

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Aye some of them don't look very secure but I suppose the landscape and surrounding buildings have changed on many over the years ...others I guess are just for show.
Some of the most secure ones tend to be the not so pretty.

Which one are you referring to ? The triangular one

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s possible that the part might well be on many more cars than just the Ducato
Oh it is ....it's on bloody loads of them but typically the first Scrap yard with the helpful guy didn't have any of the models it's on :(
The second scrap yard wouldn't let me cut the part of I need

So I'm parked up for the night by a reservoir.
I'll head to oveido tomorrow and try another couple of breakers yards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back