Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two

Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Tam, now that they've closed the area over the other side, is it busy with motorhomes where you are now? Ferragudo is one of my favourite places and parking up on the (now forbidden) piece of land right next to the beach are some of my best motorhoming memories. Apparently it's going to be a marina development but then that has been on the cards for the last 20 years I'm told!

OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
Somewhere in Spain or Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam, now that they've closed the area over the other side, is it busy with motorhomes where you are now? Ferragudo is one of my favourite places and parking up on the (now forbidden) piece of land right next to the beach are some of my best motorhoming memories. Apparently it's going to be a marina development but then that has been on the cards for the last 20 years I'm told!
There's about 5 of us here at the minute so not too busy, recent reviews on park 4 night say police turn a blind eye ...even to camping behaviour . And dogs allowed on beach so it's win win ....hopefully I won't get moved and I'll stop here a few nights

Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
A few nights in Ferragudo sounds a grand plan, I'm very jealous. Never been there during the summer season but it always has a laid back feel with just enough going on, glad you can still park down by the castle ๐Ÿ‘
Don't know if it's your thing but if you walk to the main square, over the bridge and towards the old camping spot, there's a studio on the right of the road where they sculpt, fire and sell all manner of weird and strange creatures, its worth going in to have a look about, quite fascinating. This is what I ended up buying..

Attachments

OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe the fact there are 2 females in a fairly small van is a clue? You may be fighting a losing battle ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Ha ha don't count on it remember the French students last year....well let's say they swung both ways .....It's a liberal world these days and not all of us as so straight arrived lol

OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Exp
On and off since 95
A few nights in Ferragudo sounds a grand plan, I'm very jealous. Never been there during the summer season but it always has a laid back feel with just enough going on, glad you can still park down by the castle ๐Ÿ‘
Don't know if it's your thing but if you walk to the main square, over the bridge and towards the old camping spot, there's a studio on the right of the road where they sculpt, fire and sell all manner of weird and strange creatures, its worth going in to have a look about, quite fascinating. This is what I ended up buying..
It's a lovely wee village I stayed a week here last year...nice beach and dog friendly what more can I ask for.

Might have a look at that gallery.

Laughing at that turtle can I ask how much it was because I could do that lol

Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Turtle? It's supposed to be a tortoise ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think it was 80 euros. Here's a few photos I took, the whistling seahorses are great! The giraffes were 2000 euros the pair I seem to remember.. They may still be there!!

Attachments

OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Exp
On and off since 95
Turtle? It's supposed to be a tortoise ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think it was 80 euros. Here's a few photos I took, the whistling seahorses are great! The giraffes were 2000 euros the pair I seem to remember.. They may still be there!!
Pffft 2000 euros!!!
If their not still there then some bugger has too much folding

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services