Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Tolls!!!! I never use tolls lol

I would if it's still snowing, the autoroute has much more chance of being kept open than the old road.

Get on at 43, Le Boulou and exit at 1 on the Spanish side for Jonquera,won't cost that much:)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I'm rerouting via perpignon
And missing out Andorra?
We're slowly heading towards north east Spain with a view to crossing into France south of Perpignon at some point in the next week, depending how many times we decide to stop on the way, so I'll be interested to hear what conditions you encounter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 30, 2013
Normanton, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010@
Have fun. We’re leaving any trips until the Brexit fiasco has settled down.
Will be interesting to see what route you take to Greece from Spain. I have the same ambitions if “er indoors” agrees!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The toll road is not expensive from memory and well worth it if the weather is bad. Theres nothing worthwhile in Andorra anyway unless you want skiing or duty free shopping.
There is a free coast road to Spain which doesn't go very high but very twisty and less likely to be open if snow.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I'm in perpignon or on the outskirts anyway. Stopped at a fruit stall up in the hills and got some clemintines apples and bananas , bit of snow on that route it nothing too bad

Stopped here for the night
Screenshot_20190123-173011_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20190123-173016_park4night.jpg

Couple of pics from the road
20190123_153332.jpg
20190123_153325.jpg
20190123_153319.jpg

Just been out for a quick walk round the duck pond it's bloody freezing out there

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And missing out Andorra?
We're slowly heading towards north east Spain with a view to crossing into France south of Perpignon at some point in the next week, depending how many times we decide to stop on the way, so I'll be interested to hear what conditions you encounter.
I went back to near foix and then took the d117 to perpignon , quite a scenic road hit a few heavy snow /hail storms on it but nothing like the road through Andorra which I would have got stuck on without chains.
I only wanted to go as id never been and it was a more direct rout to Barcelona but it's no biggy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Warm and sunny here just north of Valencia, but a bit breezy. I think our paths will cross soon!
Yeah perhaps:)
I plan to spend a week or so around Barcelona and sitges. I'm tired of all the driving and I didn't get to see Barcelona last time. I was hoping the weather was going to be a little kinder this year :(

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
Yeah perhaps:)
I plan to spend a week or so around Barcelona and sitges. I'm tired of all the driving and I didn't get to see Barcelona last time. I was hoping the weather was going to be a little kinder this year :(

How many miles now, Tam over how many days ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam still never saw this link

Mickey
I saw it ...but truth be told I just buy fuel when I need it on route.
I've discovered in the past going off route to find cheaper ends up costing you in miles anyway.
I've not paid more than 1€44 And that was only once its been around 1€32/3 mostly

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hmphhh that will be shortcrust pastry then doh

Ah well it was still not bad

Jade is stuffed she had some aswell as her own dinner

If it had been puff pastry like I planned I'd have posted a picture but as it is I failed ....but tasted good

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Last year about this time a friend from Scotland visited me in his Moho, he was planning Italy "on his way home". On the suggestion of a couple he met on a campsite outside Madrid, he decided to take a ferry from Barcelona to Italy.
He was parked up at the ferry terminal prior to loading and had been sitting at the table in his front lounge putting the things he wanted with him in a backpack (camera,Ipad and a few other bits and pieces). He then decided he needed to answer a call of nature so left what he was doing and adjourned to his bog. Whilst sitting indisposed, he heard the habitation door open, by the time he got out his visitor had left complete with backpack of goodies.
He subsequently got the cash value back on his insurance, but lost all his photos and records from his travel journal.
Moral of the story be sure to always back things up on a separate memory stick or whatever it is that you modern, computer savvy folk do and even though you may still be inside, make sure all your doors are locked!

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
F
Last year about this time a friend from Scotland visited me in his Moho, he was planning Italy "on his way home". On the suggestion of a couple he met on a campsite outside Madrid, he decided to take a ferry from Barcelona to Italy.
He was parked up at the ferry terminal prior to loading and had been sitting at the table in his front lounge putting the things he wanted with him in a backpack (camera,Ipad and a few other bits and pieces). He then decided he needed to answer a call of nature so left what he was doing and adjourned to his bog. Whilst sitting indisposed, he heard the habitation door open, by the time he got out his visitor had left complete with backpack of goodies.
He subsequently got the cash value back on his insurance, but lost all his photos and records from his travel journal.
Moral of the story be sure to always back things up on a separate memory stick or whatever it is that you modern, computer savvy folk do and even though you may still be inside, make sure all your doors are locked!
Oh Please!
The durty bstds

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Hmphhh that will be shortcrust pastry then doh

Ah well it was still not bad

Jade is stuffed she had some aswell as her own dinner

If it had been puff pastry like I planned I'd have posted a picture but as it is I failed ....but tasted good

Is puff pastry not the one where you have to roll in tiny bits of butter then fold then repeat that x 100? :LOL: Shortcrust‘s nice on a pie too and very impressive in a MH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yeah there's some chancers about . My doors locked all the time including when I'm driving. And the alarm is set overnight

My wallet , phone ,keys and tablet are never all in the one place either.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aye but had I realised it was shortcrust I'd have put it In a pie dish and put the steak in it with a pastry top. As it was I had just put the pastry on a tray in the oven to sit on top of the steak .....wasn't quite the same with a couple of biscuits on top of my steak lol

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Pâte feuilletée is puff pastry in French shops - go for the ones marked "pur beurre" that's butter in it not cheap subs.

Paté sucrée is sweet shortcrust and paté brisée is savoury without sugar. Again look for pur beurre for the best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back