Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that's it the day has arrived to set off on what should hopefully be my trip of a lifetime ....still bricking it but the excitement of exploring new ground is starting to kick In.
Thought I'd start myself a dedicated thread which I'll try to post pics and stuff on ...still not figured out how to do a blog...i might do at some point but will see.

Id planned to set off early this morning as I want to spend a few days travelling down from Fife to Portsmouth rather than just hitting the motorways south. But I got delayed as I'd stayed over at my mum's yesterday so I could do a few things round the house for her begore leaving , took her to asda to get her shopping in etc this morning , can't help but worry about her just now...dont know if it's just because I stayed with her a few weeks after I had my hernia opp done back in August and again there over Christmas time and I can't help notice how much she's aging :( ....shes had a few falls while I've been there and although they haven't been serious she's had some cracking bruises and i worry incase she has a more serious one :(
So although she is tough as old boots my mum and the matron in her is good at putting on fronts and hiding stuff she was choking back tears when I left which nearly had me started and I've had to drown out my brain with heavy metal tunes all the way from Fife to the borders.

I also had a minor disaster earlier as I dropped a 4 pint bottle of milk in the van and it exploded and the milk went everywhere I got covered and so did the floor the units and part of the carpet .....i done the Rita Hayward scream and dashed around trying to mop it all up and washed everything but i thknk some wrnt under the units that i cant access and im now dreading the repercussions over the next few weeks if it has .....nightmare.

Got off to a good start on the Edinburgh city bypass too as think there was an accident buy I got stuck in tailback for 45 mins.

Ah well the journey has began lets hope it goes smoother.
Not far from Berwick upon tweed now and I think that will be my stop for tonight if I can find a wild spot.
Gotta find someplace to pick up a pair of leisure batteries too as mine are definately knackered but I didn't get a chance to use my usual choice of retail outlet ie eBay as earliest delivery was Monday 8th which is no good.
So if anyone can recommend anywhere to pick up some that would be appreciated.
I'm travelling down the a1 might venture off here and there for Yorkshire etc

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great trip and remember you can always turn round and come home if your Mum needs you in an emergency, but hopefully you won’t have to.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Which day and time do you leave Portsmouth. might have a completely unknown wild spot for you about an hour from Portsmouth on the A3.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
And........ I ve decided to watch your thread............so ..................i expect lovely photos and diatribes that i can salivate on til our holiday, and would be interested to find out where you think you are going at this stage............in return, if I know of any, i ll point out some spots for you (as I m sure others will as well)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I'm watching you too
6223c8f916ed1409673d6dee03837567--surat-smileys.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Have a great trip.
Your mum's tears were nothing to do with you going , it's finally sunk in that you broke her Christmas decorations:D.
Make sure you replace them on your travels.
Keep safe, and keep us informed .
John

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Have a great trip & looking forward to updates(y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I also had a minor disaster earlier as I dropped a 4 pint bottle of milk in the van and it exploded and the milk went everywhere I got covered and so did the floor the units and part of the carpet
I seem to remember that @ianthebuilder did the same during the early days of his touring. What is it about you blokes and spilt milk?? I bet you never spill your beer. :D:D

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Enjoy your travels (y)

We picked up 2 x 100Ah AGM batteries from GoOutdoors, they do a discount for club memberships and price match with discount, see Broken Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have a great trip and do keep us posted (y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Have a great trip.
Your mum's tears were nothing to do with you going , it's finally sunk in that you broke her Christmas decorations:D.
Make sure you replace them on your travels.
Keep safe, and keep us informed .
John
Ha he perhaps..she text just a few minutes ago complaining I've tightened her jam jar lid too much and she can't get it open ....see she'll be glad I've gone really

Oh and the crimbo decs....:D2
20180104_162554.jpg

All fixed ....like new

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I seem to remember that @ianthebuilder did the same during the early days of his touring. What is it about you blokes and spilt milk?? I bet you never spill your beer. :D:D
The thing jumped out my hand guvvner honest ...what a bloody mess though my trainers are ruined

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Enjoy your travels (y)

We picked up 2 x 100Ah AGM batteries from GoOutdoors, they do a discount for club memberships and price match with discount, see Broken Link Removed
Thanks ...i need 2x 140ah
I thought there was a big motorhome place somewhere off a1 browns or summit

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
The Edinburgh City Bypass on a Friday is always a nightmare. Enjoy the rest of your travel south.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've found a lovely spot in Berwick right on the water ...massive waves look beautiful but can't get a pic in the dark so I'll grab one in the morning....i have one neighbour an old model swift kontiki i think

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Love the area around Berwick, but you have many even more interesting places to come.

Enjoy them, and safe travelling.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks ...i need 2x 140ah
I thought there was a big motorhome place somewhere off a1 browns or summit
Brownhills at Newark maybe? County Batteries are around Nottingham I think, might be worth trying them.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Alpha battery man (ebay) Rochdale ?
Battery Megastore (ebay) Tewkesbury
Tayna Batteries (ebay) Abergele

Bat Meg and tayna do next day delivery HTSH

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok raider, so your off!!!

This is gonna be interesting, I think!! Lolol

Go outdoors do batteries, I saw a few here in Canterbury, yesterday!!

Have a great trip,,,,,

Ps,, that heavy metal will turn your brains to mush!!!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok raider, so your off!!!

This is gonna be interesting, I think!! Lolol

Go outdoors do batteries, I saw a few here in Canterbury, yesterday!!

Have a great trip,,,,,

Ps,, that heavy metal will turn your brains to mush!!!
Ok your your second person to mention go outdoors so I had a look and whadyaknow Theres one in Berwick just round corner from where I'm parked up so I'll saunter round there tomorrow.

Can't beat a good bit of heavy metal when your driving....here have a listen

Give it a month I'll be playing that on my ukelele :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
"I'm travelling down the a1 might venture off here and there for Yorkshire etc

aye up thas no chance of getting to Brighton once thar in Gods country

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
"I'm travelling down the a1 might venture off here and there for Yorkshire etc

aye up thas no chance of getting to Brighton once thar in Gods country
Well I'll go t foot of stairs! Thars bin in yorkshire before.....lovely part of country i even bought a comemorative t towel last time.

but I'm heading to Spain and I've a ferry to catch next week so this time will only be a 24 hour visit :)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Methinks this is going to be an interestingetesting thread to follow with possibly a few calls for advice :LOL:.

I'll be following with interest and may even meet you if you come to our part of Spain although @ianthebuilder drove past TWICE!!!

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Methinks this is going to be an I retesting thread to follow with possibly a few calls for advice :LOL:.

I'll be following with interest and may even meet you if you come to our part of Spain although @ianthebuilder drove past TWICE!!!

Good luck and enjoy.
Where are you in Spain? To be honest I've no idea where I'll be ha ha but there's always a chance

And your probably right on the advice

First thing will be recomendationsfor a scenic relaxed non toll route from Santander to Barcelona area taking maybe a few days to take in some sights on route

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back