Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (2 Viewers)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Wow well done Tam , it’s a lovely van and just right for you and Jade ( and any company you may meet on route!!;))
Hope mum is recovering well and Jade stops door worrying!
Safe travels in Toby when you can eventually get off .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow well done Tam , it’s a lovely van and just right for you and Jade ( and any company you may meet on route!!;))
Hope mum is recovering well and Jade stops door worrying!
Safe travels in Toby when you can eventually get off .
Yes I really like it anthea ....and jade seems to like it too :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I've been thinking Tam (dangerous), I realise the new van will be getting priority treatment at present but couldn't you check to see if that wood stain your Mum used on the kitchen door is still available and enquire locally for a 1st class joiner /craftman, then unhang the damaged door and have him /her give it the full treatment and return it to it's former glory?
I'm not suggesting that you lie to your Mum, tell her the whole truth when you feel the time is right, (also about what you have done to make amends ) just so the damage doesn't hit her in the face as she walks back in for the first time .Also so that she doesn't form a negative opinion of Jade.
This work could hopefully be getting done simultaneously to you working on the van and both projects could be a picture of perfection by the time your Mum comes home.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So tomorrows task whether raining or not is to give outside a good wash starting with roof. Then hopefully I'll get a dry day to try and polish it up
Best time to do it in the rain, softens all the crud and if you are on a water meter saves loads of water no pre wetting or need to rinse either. Often wash mine when it's raining.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've been thinking Tam (dangerous), I realise the new van will be getting priority treatment at present but couldn't you check to see if that wood stain your Mum used on the kitchen door is still available and enquire locally for a 1st class joiner /craftman, then unhang the damaged door and have him /her give it the full treatment and return it to it's former glory?
I'm not suggesting that you lie to your Mum, tell her the whole truth when you feel the time is right, (also about what you have done to make amends ) just so the damage doesn't hit her in the face as she walks back in for the first time .Also so that she doesn't form a negative opinion of Jade.
This work could hopefully be getting done simultaneously to you working on the van and both projects could be a picture of perfection by the time your Mum comes home.
I've managed to touch in most of the scratches Val...I wouldn't dare get a joiner near them without mum knowing.
I'll wait till she's home and then I'll mention it with her eyes the way they are she's not going to notice it straight away and that way I'm not going behind her back.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Best time to do it in the rain, softens all the crud and if you are on a water meter saves loads of water no pre wetting or need to rinse either. Often wash mine when it's raining.
Water meter ha ha ha that's only something you southern softies have ...we have so much water up here we give it away:p

But like you say the rain helps to soften it all and rinse it off and I usually get wet washing van anyway so I may aswell do it so it's done

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Two ways to fill a bucket slowly: turn the tap on and off quickly is one way. So the water flows at full speed or not at all. If you make the time the tap is off longer than the time it's on the bucket will fill even more slowly. You're 'modulating' the flow by altering the length of each pulse of water. Pulse Width Modulation. The fella with his hand on the tap is an on or off (digital) switch. The second way to regulate the flow is to turn tap and leave it with the water running at the speed you want - that's analogue

A PWM regulator works exactly like that. It switches the supply from the panel on and off and varies the ratio of on to off time. Some additional cleverness ensures that the battery sees a relatively smooth supply.

Now why can’t we all talk like that .... I’m useless with leccy but I can understand that....(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Toby is washed and I am soaked lol

So here is some before I washed him pics. as much for my sake as anyone's....and I'll take some after pics once I've tried to polish him up a bit.
20181014_093922.jpg
20181014_093843.jpg
20181014_093858.jpg
20181014_093913.jpg

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Van looks great Tam. If the outside looks as good when you're done as the inside, it looks like you've got a good one.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok so I've done one side of Toby with grp resin restorer followed by autoglym super resin polish and he's come up like this

I've done this by hand I should add as I don't have a buffer so it's the old karate kid style of wax on wax off

Not too shabby for a 14 year old van ....I'll five it a coat of extra gloss once I've done the whole van which won't be done today lol
20181014_132856.jpg
20181014_132927.jpg
20181014_132935.jpg

The front will be the hardest as the grp is a little pitted depending how I get on with the van I may get the front resprayed later :)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Ok so I've done one side of Toby with grp resin restorer followed by autoglym super resin polish and he's come up like this

I've done this by hand I should add as I don't have a buffer so it's the old karate kid style of wax on wax off

Not too shabby for a 14 year old van ....I'll five it a coat of extra gloss once I've done the whole van which won't be done today lol
View attachment 261504 View attachment 261505 View attachment 261506

The front will be the hardest as the grp is a little pitted depending how I get on with the van I may get the front resprayed later :)
Looks spot on Tam well done getting Toby for that price mate.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@Northernraider
Your French bed.
How long is as on some of your photos you look quite tall over 6 foot by guessing so do you fit in the bed.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Well done! He's looking good! (y)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
As someone else said you should consider a mobile valeting service for motorhomes

You could plan another extended trip, arrange stopovers with valeting in between, paying for the trip as you go

Plenty on here, I'm sure, would be happy to book you (after locking up their daughters)......................(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As someone else said you should consider a mobile valeting service for motorhomes

You could plan another extended trip, arrange stopovers with valeting in between, paying for the trip as you go

Plenty on here, I'm sure, would be happy to book you (after locking up their daughters)......................(y)
To be honest it's hard going I don't think folk woukd want to pay the price lol I mean that's two full days so far and I've still one side and the back to do

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Fantastic job Tam. You must be well pleased with your purchase! :)
I'm very pleased...I like the van it's just what I wanted and I actually always liked making something neglected look loved so I'm pleased it's coming up nice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back