Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Jon, Why?

Genuine question.

Geoff
I did drive DAF 328’s in the Dutch Army in the 80’s the DAF’s where build in 1951/1955, petrol engine, suspension was fantastic in them, double clutch gear shifts, with gear-lever behind the drivers seat, so you used it blind, no power steering, hardly any brakes, steering wheel shimmy at 40, so violently you would fight the truck to stay in control 0 to 40 in about 5 minutes lol, those where the times😇😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
It was wine that has some sort of tree sap or something in it

Bloody awful stuff
Retsina...Great with meze chilled right down on a very hot day(maybe not winter).

I think it's a marmite thing

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Are you still in contact with Jackie, hows she doing. (y)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yeah i considered doing this method of putting aluminium in the original window rubbers ...like this guy has done View attachment 465460

But i think id prefer to just weld in new steel and brace bars for a smooth finish.

If i have any windows in the rear i think they would have to be double glazed units rather than the single glazed glass ones.
Are you going to lift yours with new suspension too?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
No ...that one is a 4x4 thats why its so high . But mine has a fair bit ground clearance as it is .
So you are happy with the standard suspension ? Just curious how you will insulate floor, walls and ceiling, are you going to use a product like TTX gold space blanket style , which is very thin or a Kingspan/Celotex 50mm product or so? Finish everything in solid timber or ply? And what about spec for water, are you using standard products or fabricating your own tanks? Cassette or black tank with macerator pump? Also would love to know your spec list for electrics, and how you will heat your water? The diesel heater can it do both ? Hot air and hot water, lots of questions but I like the tech specs of self builds, would love to build one but would need a solid base, I admire your fabricating and welding skills but I am lacking those lol, as I have run my own kitchen and bathroom refurbishment company I have lots of skills including plumbing , carpentry , tiling and so on , but haven’t fabricated and welded since I left college and that a while ago as I am a 52 year old git lol😇😆

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Good trip Tam...and you did it without the benefit of Banner batteries...amazing ! Saw this today parked up at that beach at Ag Nich you stayed at...maybe one for your next project...I wonder what mpg they get.

It’s a pity you left...I’m gonna have to find my own places to stay now instead of following your trail...21 Degrees today 😀 just so you know what yer missing.

View attachment 475789
Very cool vehicle. 4 to the gallon if you are very careful ? 😇

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I will if they are photo heavy, very entertaining, but looking forward to some interior building too in the vario!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back