Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (2 Viewers)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Pevensey Castle,between Hastings and Brighton ? Loads of history there.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
You keep putting a smile on my face with your ramblings, the minor hickup you had when reversing was as stated previously a learning thing, you dropped a booby and got away with it .. well done. The extra pork you can't blame the MH for that, you've gaffered the problem previously and will again. You'll soon be over our side of the water and things begin to get much better in nearly all respects, silly sods here insist on speaking weird words but just add a "oui, non or even a vraiment" non and then and you'll get away with it. Keep the rubber on the road (hee hee)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Tam, if you like good fish & chips, try The Pilot at Dungeness and they will allow you to overnight in the car park which is on the beach.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Another vote for The Pilot at Dungeness.
Dungeness 070415 (4).JPG

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you are travelling south and going to use the M25 round London towards south east coast, do remember that you have to pay for the Dart crossing online, there are no toll booths. You can do it before crossing or up to midnight on the day after crossing. This applies to both the tunnel and the bridge.
Just noticed it’s free after 10pm though.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you are travelling south and going to use the M25 round London towards south east coast, do remember that you have to pay for the Dart crossing online, there are no toll booths. You can do it before crossing or up to midnight on the day after crossing. This applies to both the tunnel and the bridge.
Just noticed it’s free after 10pm though.
You must be a mindreader cause I was just gonna ask about that ....kept seeing the signs about a charge and before I knew it I was crossing it ....i hope it's not expensive I've only got a tenner to do me till next week :D2

I have to say i hate that m25 that's only the second time in my life I've ever been on it and if it's the last I'll be glad.

Bloody truckers tried to squish franky and I nearly soiled my Calvin's.....and then to add insult to injury I get off the m25 on to the a21 by which time my bladder is 3 stone and my back teeth are floating and every layby I pass is closed....what's that all about? ....i then passed a weak bridge and thought hang on I hope the extra bladder weight doesn't break the straw.

Finally found a layby to stop for a pee and there's a burger van selling steak ....the guys looking at me with pleading eyes and I'm tempted but i don't wanna ruin my fish n chips :D2:D2

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
If you like a bit of history,Leeds Castle is worth a visit.,Car park was big enough to get M/H in when we had same as yours.but we did get there for opening time

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You must be a mindreader cause I was just gonna ask about that ....kept seeing the signs about a charge and before I knew it I was crossing it ....i hope it's not expensive I've only got a tenner to do me till next week :D2

I have to say i hate that m25 that's only the second time in my life I've ever been on it and if it's the last I'll be glad.

Bloody truckers tried to squish franky and I nearly soiled my Calvin's.....and then to add insult to injury I get off the m25 on to the a21 by which time my bladder is 3 stone and my back teeth are floating and every layby I pass is closed....what's that all about? ....i then passed a weak bridge and thought hang on I hope the extra bladder weight doesn't break the straw.

Finally found a layby to stop for a pee and there's a burger van selling steak ....the guys looking at me with pleading eyes and I'm tempted but i don't wanna ruin my fish n chips :D2:D2
I’m not sure that you will sqeeze crossing charge and fish n chips out of a tenner :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you like a bit of history,Leeds Castle is worth a visit.,Car park was big enough to get M/H in when we had same as yours.but we did get there for opening time
Oh I passed leeds yesterday I'm way way further south than that now .....in fact franky's tyres are wet :D2

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Tam

Re M25, when I was driving a minibus for a travel company we were taking clients to/from Heathrow and Gatwick and had to use it a lot. Once I did a full circuit of the M25 - Heathrow to Essex, re-join to go across the bridge for a pick-up on Kent, re-join and back to Heathrow. From memory I think it is 127 miles right round.

I must have been mad for £7.50 an hour:D Fortunately we also got all over England and there were some beautiful drives and areas, some of which I have re-visited at a more leisurely pace in or MH.

When you crossing on the ferry? Safe one.

Geoff

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

Re M25, when I was driving a minibus for a travel company we were taking clients to/from Heathrow and Gatwick and had to use it a lot. Once I did a full circuit of the M25 - Heathrow to Essex, re-join to go across the bridge for a pick-up on Kent, re-join and back to Heathrow. From memory I think it is 127 miles right round.

I must have been mad for £7.50 an hour:D Fortunately we also got all over England and there were some beautiful drives and areas, some of which I have re-visited at a more leisurely pace in or MH.

When you crossing on the ferry? Safe one.

Geoff

Your a brave man ....way too many lorries in all 4 lanes and they weave all over the place . I was between 2 of them and they kept swerving towards me I thought I was gonna get squished

Ferry on Friday evening so I've a couple of days now to take it a bit easier...think I'll explore Hastings tomorrow then along to Brighton and find somewhere to stay there so I can have a look around Thursday

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

I'm here in Dungeness if I squint I can see the sea ....its the little light grey bit below the big dark grey bit

You will soon see the big green glow which is the nuclear power plant ... if you drive within 200yards all your batteries will be fully charged for life!:D2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You will soon see the big green glow which is the nuclear power plant ... if you drive within 200yards all your batteries will be fully charged for life!:D2
I could be doing with that because my shaudt control panel can't seem to work out whether batteries are charged or not...despite several hours driving they are showing 62% and a question mark
According to the book I need to hook up so the panel can reset ....problem is where do I hook up without using a dreaded campsite even if there was one open near here.
Not sure how to reset it otherwise....i just hope the charger doesn't keep trying to charge if they already at full capacity

Maybe @Lenny HB would know ?

Don't want to try my new batteries

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Internet signal isn't the best here I keep losing it so there may not be many replies tonight

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I hope your Portsmouth - Santander crossing on Friday not delayed, just seen tomorrow ‘s crossing cancelled posted on another thread.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope your Portsmouth - Santander crossing on Friday not delayed, just seen tomorrow ‘s crossing cancelled posted on another thread.
I bloody hope not :( I've seen a few cancelled the last few weeks ....nightmare

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Riverbankannie ere you were right about that tenner ......im having to wash the dishes to cover the other £3 for my fish and chips:p

Pretty blonde behind the bar likes my camper though.....i might offer her a tour :D2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok so someone really ought to have warmed me about the fish and chips....i just asked for fish and chips and she asked medium or large....and well I thought if there's a large option the medium can't be that big ...so I ordered large.
That's why I nearly fainted at £12.80

Then it was brought out and jesus wept!!! Would you check the size of this bugger!
IMG-20180109-WA0008.jpeg

That would feed a family of four!

So much for my waistline.....you lot are a bad influence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back