Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
....... and you're not even on foreign soil yet :LOL:.

Glad you're both OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Look at it positively , you learnt a lesson , and got away with it . (y)
Could have been much worse .
Another bit of advice when you are in bigger vehicles dont go off the edge of the road when you pull over , come to stop and let the little ones drive round you . :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Friday the 12th 17.30 ...i was thinking I might park up in Brighton Thursday night ...ive never been
Ouch! you are getting too close for comfort.:D

We are just a few miles west of Brighton at Lancing, need any help just shout.
Have a good trip.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow lucky escape , hope the motorhome is ok (n)(n)

Yeah I didn't get the chance to give it a good check as I'd caused a bit of a jam and needed to move then it was a bit dark but I think it's ok just a bit muddy I hope.
....... and you're not even on foreign soil yet :LOL:.

I know...i was thinking that seriously panicking it was sitting at that bad an angle the passenger door wouldn't open .....scary stuff.

Glad you're both OK.
Sounds like you're related to Ian the builder!

Aye that's why I thought his thread was so funny cause we seem to have similar moments of crazyness

Safe travels
Look at it positively , you learnt a lesson , and got away with it . (y)
Could have been much worse .
Another bit of advice when you are in bigger vehicles dont go off the edge of the road when you pull over , come to stop and let the little ones drive round you . :)

Yeah that's the thing I normally just stop when I meet other cars on narrow roads.
In this instance it was just my own stupidity.
The road was deserted when I started down it but I turned a bend and there was a seriously narrow steep hill down and ice on it so I decided it was too risky and went to reverse the 3 or 400 yards to the field entrance to turn. Unfortunately that involved reversing round a bend and the sun was blinding me so I couldn't see the monitor for the camera...eyes were watering and i just misjudged the bend and back wheels went down the verge ...suddenly front end is in the air. Last time I was at that angle I was offroading in a landy.
Ouch! you are getting too close for comfort.:D

We are just a few miles west of Brighton at Lancing, need any help just shout.
Have a good trip.

Ha ha cheers

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Another freezing night woke up to ice and frost this morning but a lovely sunrise over *cough* Burnley:p
Nice wild spot near sabden, quiet lane in the woods with a lovely view down over Lancashire.
Managed to get a good look at franky and seems to be zero damage which is a relief. Also managed to get the towing eye back out.

Heading off to Rochdale now to get a pair of new batteries.

A few pics of last night's site
20180108_083912.jpg
20180108_083939.jpg
20180108_083859.jpg
20180108_083918.jpg
20180108_083902.jpg

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Looks like a cracking place for a kip!!

Wild camping at the highest level,,,

No lorries, no neighbours, just wildlife and loonies in killer clown costumes walking round with chainsaws!! Lovely!! X

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Nice spot Sabden but some seriously narrow roads in the area, especially for an 8.5 m. Thas pushin thee luck sunshine.:LOL:
Would have asked you in for a brew on the way to Rochdale but you will have used Bacup I imagine from Sabden
Up to my eyeholes at the moment trying to route some wiring through the M/home in preparation for my next trip to Spain or wherever the whim takes me, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Have an interesting journey;) may bump into you at some point..yer never know.(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Nice spot Sabden but some seriously narrow roads in the area, especially for an 8.5 m. Thas pushin thee luck sunshine.:LOL:
Would have asked you in for a brew on the way to Rochdale but you will have used Bacup I imagine from Sabden
Up to my eyeholes at the moment trying to route some wiring through the M/home in preparation for my next trip to Spain or wherever the whim takes me, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Have an interesting journey;) may bump into you at some point..yer never know.(y)
Have you seen some of the roads in Scotland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: narrow lanes I'm used to its only when there's no where to turn it's a bugger

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So a nice new pair of batteries have been acquired and now fitted ...with only a few sparks flying lol. Trying to get my head round the panel in the van now as everything has question marks and flashing charge despite them supposedly being fully charged ....i suppose after a run will see how they look.
Got £20 off the price which is less than I hoped but better than I expected.
Guy put a tester on my old ones and they are showing 12.73v so he thinks they are still good just not as good as they were

I dunno my heads nipping but he said I should keep them as backups so I've bunged them in the garage for now and I'll deal with them later.

Now to decide where I'm going today ....east or west? Can't decide

Any suggestions?

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
If the old batteries weren't holding their charge and the new ones do I would get rid of the old ones asap.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@Northernraider you're my type of wild-camper! None of this huddlelikesheepinanimpossiblysmallspacecositsfreeandnearthecoast wild-camping mentality. You'll do OK in Spain in all the right places!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Northernraider you're my type of wild-camper! None of this huddlelikesheepinanimpossiblysmallspacecositsfreeandnearthecoast wild-camping mentality. You'll do OK in Spain in all the right places!
Yeah I'm not one for neighbours if I can avoid it lol ....i don't mind parking up next to May be 1 or 2 other vans if there's a decent amount of space but when I see them parked right next to each other I think stuff that.

I'm in the middle of nowhere again tonight ...on the coast this time at fishtoft near Boston on the Lincolnshire coast.

There's a "pilgrim fathers memorial " here which I'll go see in morning

Picked up a lovely steak pie for dinner earlier so I'm looking forward to a quiet night and a good tea:)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Have you managed to remove your towing eye yet ? Ours is a left hand thread. (y)
Yeah I stuck the pole for the Jack in it this morning and got it out ...threads a bit rusty I think....sprayed some chain lube in before sticking the cover back on

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If the old batteries weren't holding their charge and the new ones do I would get rid of the old ones asap.
I'm gonna keep hold off them for a few days and keep checking them with the voltage tester to see if they lose charge ....ive not had them tested so It may only be one that's knackered. Would hate to bin them without making sure

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Also keep them for a while until you get a chance to see how your new batteries perform :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Morning campers.

Not quite as cold this morning at least there's no frost. But still grey and overcast what happened to that northern sunshine.
Few pics of last night's spot although would have looked nicer in sunshine, it's a shame it's dark nights too because that river was full last night about 9pm and there were boats going in and out but tides out now and it just looks a muddy mess.
Found the pilgrim fathers memorial and was a bit disappointed....not sure what I expected bit some of the signs for it were bigger than the memorial itself ha ha.
Heading further sarf today not sure where yet ...
20180109_090026.jpg
20180109_090048.jpg
20180109_090306.jpg
20180109_090332.jpg
20180109_090524.jpg

This camper life isn't good for my diet though , or it's the weather and the fact I'm not out and about climbing hills and cycling so much. Since my hernia opp in August and moving in to the camper I've gained a stone in weight and that's not good , it took me a long time and hard work to lose that 5.5 stone 18 months ago and I don't wanna put that back on. So time to get strict with myself on the boredom eating on these dark nights
Roll on warmer climes so I get off my ass and do more.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have still got the old batteries on board when you get to Brighton, along the cost road (A259) at Shoreham by Sea oppsite the Lidl is a EMR scrap yard, you will get at least £25 for them.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Big place this englandshire....i keep thinking I'm getting close to the south coast then I look at the map and it's bloody miles away ...
Stopped at Cambridge for a cuppa is considered Southend on sea but it ain't where I thought it was so gonna do a bit of motorway I think and get down past London and maybe find a spot on Kent coast.

Maybe

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I have parked up for a night right on the front at Hastings before, coach park at the western end of town. Few pubs and shops there too! Carlisle parade area.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have parked up for a night right on the front at Hastings before, coach park at the western end of town. Few pubs and shops there too! Carlisle parade area.
Thanks for the tip it's somewhere I've not been before and could be an interesting stop
I do like a bit of history

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back