Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (3 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Tam

I could not think of anything worse than owning a terrier.

They do not bark - they yap, and if that does not drive you mad it may make you unpopular with your neibhours.

Also wirey coats put me off.

I am a gundog/retriever man - for the temperament/ trainability, but would not have one in a MH - too big and not enough for them to have their own space.

Geoff

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

I could not think of anything worse than owning a terrier.

They do not bark - they yap, and if that does not drive you mad it may make you unpopular with your neibhours.

Also wirey coats put me off.

I am a gundog/retriever man - for the temperament/ trainability, but would not have one in a MH - too big and not enough for them to have their own space.

Geoff
Yes the do yap that's for sure but then last night all I could here was 2 alsatians a few vans down barking constantly and their owner not seeming to care it was 2am lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've been joined by a funster I was only chatting with them briefly as they were heading out and I was meeting someone I met last night so he did tell me his fun name but I forgot

Now edited ha ha

It's @joka250

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They are all lovely
Screenshot_20180125-191906.png
Screenshot_20180125-191849.png
Screenshot_20180125-191940.png

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I've been joined by a funster I was only chatting with them briefly as they were heading out and I was meeting someone I met last night so he did tell me his fun name bit I've forgot.....it was @jockaneezer I think
I'm sure I'll catch them later...they have an autotrail if that helps
My memory is dreadful buy at least I can blame my age it's @joka250 actually but I don't mind what I'm called. Good to meet @Northernraider first funster I've met since crossing in mid December. He's looking good on his journey.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My memory is dreadful buy at least I can blame my age it's @joka250 actually but I don't mind what I'm called. Good to meet @Northernraider first funster I've met since crossing in mid December. He's looking good on his journey.

Sorry lol I heard the jocka bit and added the rest ha ha ...will have to have a chat over a cuppa or beer

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just in theory if one was considering adopting one of those how would you proceed as looking at the adoption form I'm not a resident so don't have an address etc
With any dog all you would have to do would be vets & microchip ( Has to be done before rabies jab), rabies jab, Dhppl jabs,worming ( has to be in book dated & stamped every 3 months for spanish dogs) ,pet passport. Doubt it would cost 100€ here.

Then by the time you go to Uk all he/she would need would be the worming tablet & passport done before going over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
With any dog all you would have to do would be vets & microchip ( Has to be done before rabies jab), rabies jab, Dhppl jabs,worming ( has to be in book dated & stamped every 3 months for spanish dogs) ,pet passport. Doubt it would cost 100€ here.

Then by the time you go to Uk all he/she would need would be the worming tablet & passport done before going over.
That sounds ok then :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yes the do yap that's for sure but then last night all I could here was 2 alsatians a few vans down barking constantly and their owner not seeming to care it was 2am lol

Our Buster is a Border Terrier . ( just as our previous Ruby who we had tilshe was nearly 17 )
He Barks ( and sounds bigger than he is ! ) but only when someone knocks on the door, or he hears someone on the gravel drive. ( like Ruby did )
He’s not yappy. A dog is yappy if you let it be yappy when it a pup.
A quick loud EY!! When a pup , stops them in their tracks .

Funnily enough the same thing worked with our kids. Having 3 under the age of two .... I had to start as I meant to go on. Like the kids, give a dog boundary’s no means no , firm but fair. You end up with a great dog and great kids :whistle2::rofl:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Our Buster is a Border Terrier . ( just as our previous Ruby who we had tilshe was nearly 17 )
He Barks but only when someone knocks on the door, or he hears someone on the gravel drive. ( like Ruby did )
He’s not yappy. A dog is yappy if you let it be yappy when it a pup.
A quick loud EY!! When a pup , stops them in their tracks .

Funnily enough the same thing worked with our kids. Having 3 under the age of two .... I had to start as I meant to go on. Like the kids, give a dog boundary’s no means no , firm but fair. You end up with a great dog and great kids :whistle2::rofl:
3 under 2 :eek::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek: You crazy!!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
3 under 2 :eek::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek: You crazy!!!

We didn’t expect twins , and we though two years would be a nice gap between our first and the the second :Eeek:
Plus I was 31 when we had Jacob , Our first .
Yes it was hard work...... But they are great kids , never had terrible 2’s or teens . Now they are all in their 20’s , working in their chosen careers . Hopefuly , touch wood ..:pray:...... onwards and upwards. Next stage grandchildren ..........

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We didn’t expect twins , and we though two years would be a nice gap between our first and the the second :Eeek:
Plus I was 31 when we had Jacob , Our first .
Yes it was hard work...... But they are great kids , never had terrible 2’s or teens . Now they are all in their 20’s , working in their chosen areas . Hopefuly , touch wood ..:pray:...... onwards and upwards
Funny as it isn't far of my own story lol we had my son and completely unplanned fell pregnant again only to find it was twins...they were born the day after my son's 3rd birthday but were good as gold.

Unfortunately their mother and I's relationship broke down when they were 6.
But my son is now 20 and my daughter's 17 ...They turned out ok in the end.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We had a boy first , then boy / girl twins. All three totally different in personality to each other .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Every dog starts life with a blank canvas - his destiny etched by the hands of the painter – and each one is an artist’s original.

The portrait painted depends how the brush is held.

Paint with hostility and a dog learns to fight.

Paint with cruelty and a dog learns fear.

Paint with anger and a dog learns aggression.

Paint with praise and a dog learns confidence.

Paint with boundaries and a dog learns respect.

Paint with tenderness and a dog learns to bond.

Paint with affection and a dog learns to love.

Every dog is a product of its environment.

Bad dogs are not born; they are created.

If the portrait is flawed look to the artist.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All this talk of dogs has caused a shift in the universe and my good weather has gone.
I'm woken this morning with the rain battering off the roof of the van ....its literally raining cats n dogs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll get my coat.......ha ha I might need it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I blame @ianthebuilder he sent his rotten weather here.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My alerts dont half do some weird stuff. I jist logged on and saw 3 alerts , one saying @Freespirit1 quoted your post 3 minutes ago . As can be seen in this screenshot. ....but when I clicked on it he actually did it yesterday...this happens a fair bit ...i dint always get alerts like the one @Carol left me yesterday
Screenshot_20180126-071813.png

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My alerts dont half do some weird stuff. I jist logged on and saw 3 alerts , one saying @Freespirit1 quoted your post 3 minutes ago . As can be seen in this screenshot. ....but when I clicked on it he actually did it yesterday...this happens a fair bit ...i dint always get alerts like the one @Carol left me yesterday View attachment 208972
Mine did the same thing

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Mine did the same thing

@Northernraider
And if I reply to a post like this one ( 07.52hrs approx) it doesn’t appear on the thread for hours after - normally it should appear instantaneously on latest posts - but hey it doesnt really matter I suppose it’s just MHFun again eh! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you need references contact us. Sylvia is an old friend and our neighbours here (camperstop owners) are very good friends of hers.
I had a reply from my email this morning from a lady called Sharon....i think she is going to phone me later to discuss procedures etc....will be a while before I'm that far down yet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back