Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Trendy puppy
20180423_183143.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ha ha I just met a guy on the beach walking a dog ...he was asking how old jade was etc so we chatted about 5 minutes as I was telling him about the one following us this morning.
He was wearing sandals and a weird long white shirt thing and had long hair in sort of dreads ....he went to shake my hand and said nice meeting you I'm Jesus

Well to say I burst in to laughter was an understatement .....i honestly don't think he got the joke but looked quite offended

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Jesus not too uncommon in Spain. I must admit though when I had a student of that name I found it really odd calling his name in class. Did he pronounce it the Spanish way, that helps!:)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jesus not too uncommon in Spain. I must admit though when I had a student of that name I found it really odd calling his name in class. Did he pronounce it the Spanish way, that helps!:)
Well see that's what made me laugh because the Spanish is pronounced heezus I think but he definately said it as Jesus.

That and the really weird shirt thing he was wearing it was like a long sleeve t shirt but about a foot longer at the back than the front.

To be honest his English was perfect and I'm not entirely sure he was Spanish though may have been.

Was really funny though

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
@Tam just been watching program on TV about training pets out of bad habits.
One, a house pig (in a pub) they were using a treat stick. I googled it, might help with you pup looking for food & pulling all the time!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is she old enough to be getting "interesting" to the randy dogs?
Not sure ...i was wondering about that the other week as @gus-lopez dog Alfie seemed very interested and kept trying to mount her.

But from googling it seems a little early and she isn't showing any of the symptoms they list.

But I'm keeping a close eye on her for those symptoms.
She certainly isn't presenting herself to dogs like Google describes she just likes to have a play and a chase

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's sods law that in Scotland the bloody midgies leave me alone
I figured they don't like the ink in my blood

But the bloody mosies here seem to like it I've been bitten like crazy the last couple of weeks

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014

That's because you lot spend all the long Scottish winters training them to attack us Sassenachs. ;)

I have 3 Michelin Stars in the wee beastie's fine dining guide. Little blighters just love me, and I react very badly to bites. That's why I avoid going to the Highlands & Islands after May each year :(

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's because you lot spend all the long Scottish winters training them to attack us Sassenachs. ;)

I have 3 Michelin Stars in the wee beastie's fine dining guide. Little blighters just love me, and I react very badly to bites. That's why I avoid going to the Highlands & Islands after May each year :(
I can't recall the last time I was bitten by a midgie but I'm covered in bites here and itchy as he'll lol

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I figured they don't like the ink in my blood

But the bloody mosies here seem to like it I've been bitten like crazy the last couple of weeks

It's the whisky in your blood they're after!! ;)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
use cheap
I can't recall the last time I was bitten by a midgie but I'm covered in bites here and itchy as he'll lol
disinfecant in your wash water just a cap full is enough . was told it by a doctor friend that did work in india and africa .
have used it myself when venturing in africa etc . it works .

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
use cheap

disinfecant in your wash water just a cap full is enough . was told it by a doctor friend that did work in india and africa .
have used it myself when venturing in africa etc . it works .
Personal , laundry or vehicle or all three ? :confused:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
And what sort of disinfectant, are we talking hypochlorite eg Brobat or Phenolic eg Zoflora ?. I would like to know as I also seem to attract mozzies and the even worse horsefly things that come up with an ulcer.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Personal , laundry or vehicle or all three ? :confused:
just your personal wash water . a capfull off the bottle in half a bowl of water and flannel wash or wipe is ideal.
mind if you do use cheap disinfectant as a wipe round in the camper it does help keep them away.
i find using old fashioned gas lamps in my trailer also helps keep them away.
but honest for yourself a quick daily wipe is ideal.
my old doctor and his wife did lots of foreign work and told me about it when i was going into africa and having yellow fever jabs etc . his wife was the local nurse that did all the jabs .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
And what sort of disinfectant, are we talking hypochlorite eg Brobat or Phenolic eg Zoflora ?. I would like to know as I also seem to attract mozzies and the even worse horsefly things that come up with an ulcer.
just cheap supermarket ones work , think in uk its about 30p a litre ,.
mind you do smell a bit like a hospital when using it .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
just your personal wash water . a capfull off the bottle in half a bowl of water and flannel wash or wipe is ideal.
mind if you do use cheap disinfectant as a wipe round in the camper it does help keep them away.
i find using old fashioned gas lamps in my trailer also helps keep them away.
but honest for yourself a quick daily wipe is ideal.
my old doctor and his wife did lots of foreign work and told me about it when i was going into africa and having yellow fever jabs etc . his wife was the local nurse that did all the jabs .
It's like stepping back in time to little house on the prairie lol

Flannels and gas lamps indeed.
How do I add disinfectant to my shower ?
And what about led lights :p

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
It's like stepping back in time to little house on the prairie lol

Flannels and gas lamps indeed.
How do I add disinfectant to my shower ?
And what about led lights :p
but i dont have a problem!!!!!
i like what works.
use a flannel wipe after your shower.
or buy expensive spray or cream to rub on yourself.
nothing wrong with house on the prairie.
but its not on at the moment.
watching jasmin at the moment , she is in portugal.in house in the sun, hee hee

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Very useful and informative Tam,glad it's you and not me, tho' I might try it for the wretched midges that will eat me alive when I have to go back next week. Re your shower: I would suggest you don't, but after you have showered then wipe yourself down with the disinfected water.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its like when in morocco , buy alum rock blocks . rub it on your skin ,it lets you sweat but kills bacteria so you dont smell. very old fashioned idea . also good if you use it on small cuts or scratches . cleans and helps healing .
barbers in uk used to sell alum sticks for rubbing on if you nicked yourself when shaving.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
gas lamps were brilliant for insects. Had them in my first trailer caravan. Trouble is the mantles become very brittle once used and often didn't survive the journey.
i buy them off ebay now . use tie on mantles . i find some are more weaker than others . mind the two i,m using now have been on for ages . and done several hundred miles as well.
used to use veritas preformed mantles but they dissapeared years ago.
if the mantle is a hanging mantle the tie on ones work really well .
lighting ,heating and keeps mozzies away all in one go.
a mate had one in his truck camper and i was with him the year before i converted my trailer. one of the best ideas i had seen .
as kids saw them in caravans but hardly used them till my mate lit his . we were high up in the atlas mountains and the heat was enough to just take the chill off.
had them in my trailer 18yrs now .

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Flies bite here as well.:(
e veritas preformed mantles but they dissapeared years ago.

I'm sure they are still available here as I looked online when rebuilding Tilley lamps & they were readily available. Only a couple of years back.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
veritas was made
Flies bite here as well.:(

I'm sure they are still available here as I looked online when rebuilding Tilley lamps & they were readily available. Only a couple of years back.
in malta but the factory closed as far as i know .
mind the tie on ones off ebay are very cheap.
i buy the from a uk place but they are normally chinese or something like that.
mind i have loads here . bought alot as i thought they may get short supply but seems ebay is still many selling them. single holed or two holed depending on needs .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back