Talking of drink driving.. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Portugal for me, but a question for all you Kuwaites, do you not drink because you don't like to or on purpose , or never come into contact with it or why, not knocking you in any way but just curious how you avoid it, no wine with a meal or a night in the pub , party's anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
You drink like you're from Panama, which is the joint 62nd heaviest-drinking country in the world.:xsurprised:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
kuwait this week solomon islands last week

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Portugal for me, but a question for all you Kuwaites, do you not drink because you don't like to or on purpose , or never come into contact with it or why, not knocking you in any way but just curious how you avoid it, no wine with a meal or a night in the pub , party's anything.
Easy, like a drink don't have to drink. Won't drink during the week but do like a drink at the weekend. However was driving everyone around last weekend so no drinking simples. Probably join the Belarus lot by next Friday :xgrin:

Edit, just read mick noe's post. Don't think I will be from Belarus.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

I very rarely drink. Beer doesn't taste of anything to me nor spirits. Wine , well I can't even begin to understand anyone drinking any of it. I find vinegar actually tastes better. ( I drink it :) now & then ! ) No even here where it is as cheap as chips I don't . Even when in UK I never went to the pub , why would I ? I didn't drink. Anyway I rarely finished work until 8.30 & then was on call all night . All I wanted to do was sleep.
Additionally I wanted nothing else in life other than to drive so I was fortunate in not liking the taste of it. I was also on call from finish of work in the evenings until start the next day , 7 days a week ! :xsad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Can't answer for the others, I could say I don't like it or give any number of other reasons, but the plain truth is ... I'm an alcoholic, have no power over it, the only way for me is abstinence .. That is Step one of the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous...

An alcoholic will rarely say how long sober, for we live 'one day at a time' what is past is in the past..

What I can say is that I haven't had a drink today.. hopefully I say that every day for the rest of my life..

anyone who wants to know more about alcoholism and the AA .. please feel free to PM me in the strictest confidence.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
If only...........
You drink like you're from the Seychelles, :xrofl::xrofl:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
but a question for all you Kuwaites, do you not drink because you don't like to or on purpose , or never come into contact with it or why, not knocking you in any way but just curious how you avoid it, no wine with a meal or a night in the pub , party's anything.

Originally from choice as I never liked the taste so when I started taking the tablets I need which say "no alcohol" it made no difference.

I will take a sip of wine to confirm I still don't like it from time to time..... and I don't, except for my Mum's bramble wine but a thimble full is enough for me.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Mine says Kuwaiti but fact is that's because I've been working like a dog the past week and haven't had time for festivities

Next week I'm heading elsewhere...

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just me from Haiti then:whistle:

You drink like you're from Haiti, which is the joint 83rd lightest-drinking country in the world.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Generally I can't be bothered, I have never been one for drinking at home unless we have company, and if we are out I am usually the driver so then to drink and driving is a definite no. Not even "are you sure? just one you will be alright"

I do drink occasionally and have no objections to it, or anyone indulging, most of the time I can think of better things to waste my money on than chucking it over a bar.

All comes down to personal choices I guess.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Can't answer for the others, I could say I don't like it or give any number of other reasons, but the plain truth is ... I'm an alcoholic, have no power over it, the only way for me is abstinence .. That is Step one of the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous...

An alcoholic will rarely say how long sober, for we live 'one day at a time' what is past is in the past..

What I can say is that I haven't had a drink today.. hopefully I say that every day for the rest of my life..

anyone who wants to know more about alcoholism and the AA .. please feel free to PM me in the strictest confidence.
Hoping this dose not offend
God, give us grace to accept with serenity
The things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I'm In australia, Ralphs In Belarus .
Looks like Bill the drills in a church.:xwink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back