Talking about fridges ;-) (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
In my old Auto-sleeper the fridge had a little window so you could see if the gas was lite and working, on my Hymer there isn't one so how do I know when the gas is on and working?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You should be able to hear the gas outside at the lower vent and feel heat at the top vent right hand side.

If you take the lower vent off you should see the flame.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was the same in our Autoquest (Dometic RM4230). The Burstner has a RM627iL which has a ticking sound when the gas isn't lit. The rotary switch is held in until the ticking stops, which means the gas is lit. AFAIK if the gas goes out for some reason the ticking will start again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
On ours, the light on the selector switch flashes orange if ignition hasn't occurred.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The more recent models (like the one in your Hymer) have auto-re-ignition so if the gas goes out (unlikely) the system will re-light it. As others have said, when the flame is out, the igniter emits a constant ticking until the flame is re-lit. This works when the flame system is warm - that's why you have to hold in the temperature dial for about 15-20 seconds after the ticking stops when first lighting the gas from cold. Once the burner is hot, the auto-shut-off will stay open to allow the gas to continue flowing.
Normally when lighting manually, you can hear a soft 'pop' when the gas ignites, then the ticking stops and you hold in the temp dial as above. If at any point (when set to gas) you hear ticking, the flame has extinguished (and failed to re-light automatically).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We have a Hymer with Electrolux Fridge and auto-ignition. Often on gas, the fridge will ignite but the auto igniter will keep on ticking away! Sometimes it will stop after a while. It can be fine for ages and then will do it! I've noticed that if I drive a short distance with the fridge lit it stops!! Any ideas? Dave

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Sorry for late reply but thanks guys. Have used it for the first time this weekend and is as you all say but still miss the little window:( but lovin the sizable freezer box(y)

But the selector dial is realy hard to turn, are they all like that??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back