Talk Talk woes (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
After spending years being ripped off by BT I moved to TT three years ago seamless change over excellent service so far

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
If you pay your BT line rental in advance it is £10 per month.

I do have to play them against the competition every year at renewal.
Currently I pay the line rental in advance so £10 per month as stated, and also have....

Totally unlimited BB, unlimited downloads, with a very fast speed,
Free inclusive phone calls,
The BT smart talk app on up to 5 mobiles (good for free 0800 and cheaper 0845 and 0870 numbers from your mobiles when out and about),
BT Fon and BT Wifi access.
As of August I will have both BT Sports TV channels in HD for free.
Free upgrades to the new hubs every time I renew the contract.
FREE BT Cloud online storage (which I have not tried yet)

All for the sum of £12 per month.

(I think normal price if you are daft enough to pay it is 2 to 3 times what I am paying).

I have to say I'm very happy with BT.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I did the same. Told BT I was going to PlusNet (who they own!) and they matched the costs saving me about £14.00 a month ::bigsmile:

And they recently upgraded my service to Infinity for no extra charges

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
After spending years being ripped off by BT I moved to TT three years ago seamless change over excellent service so far

there is no doubting tt is cheap, probilby the cheapist, and if nothing goes wrong your ok, but WHEN it does, or when you want to change ......

cheap = nasty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My story is slightly different. Was with TT for many years on their original deal, unlimited BB, unlimited UK calls local and long distance, and free international calls to the EU, all Commonwealth countries and the US up to 59mins for each call. Fantastic if you could make use of them, but I don't talk much on the phone, and have few relatives abroad.
However their customer service was pretty poor particularly when we had a line fault, and this was pretty frequent, several times a year. It was a real struggle to get a line engineer out to fix the problem, so eventually I moved back to BT as previously reporting a fault was simple, uncomplicated and UK based. I was paying a hefty premium for what I thought was better customer service.

I was sadly mistaken, they were as bad as TT had been, but charging £20 for their basic call package and BB. The last episode with them took a month to sort out, many hours on the phone, and a complete inability to fix the problem. Whilst waiting, during one of the my numerous calls, for 30mins for the phone to be answered I did a Google search for BB choices and brought up a comparison site. Many providers offering unlimited BB for around £5/month, often with half price for a year.

So now am with EE on £3/month for a year which will rise to £6 after 12months. Effectively I'm using the same copper cable, owned by Openreach, and when a fault occurs will get the same Openreach engineer as I had with BT. I don't expect service to be any better but at least I'm now saving a decent amount of money.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update-today I got a email from a Jenifer who the nice Dido has put on my case-shes looking into it and asked for my moby number to call me on which I provided about 3 hrs ago but still awaiting the call :Smile: They cut my phone off last night so I may well not be a customer of TT anymore ::bigsmile: Still no email or anything in writing but hay ho it's only been a couple of weeks.
Yesterday a kind man credited my account with the £42.06 so in effect canceling my bill with them and yet again we went through the cancelled/not cancelled sinario but he ended up agreeing yet again that my dealing with TT are at an end.:Smile: We shall see what happens next:winky:::bigsmile:
On the bright side BT are sending all my stuff out tuesday and I should be back on then :thumb:---I hope :winky:
terry

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
My story is slightly different. Was with TT for many years on their original deal, unlimited BB, unlimited UK calls local and long distance, and free international calls to the EU, all Commonwealth countries and the US up to 59mins for each call. Fantastic if you could make use of them, but I don't talk much on the phone, and have few relatives abroad.
However their customer service was pretty poor particularly when we had a line fault, and this was pretty frequent, several times a year. It was a real struggle to get a line engineer out to fix the problem, so eventually I moved back to BT as previously reporting a fault was simple, uncomplicated and UK based. I was paying a hefty premium for what I thought was better customer service.

I was sadly mistaken, they were as bad as TT had been, but charging £20 for their basic call package and BB. The last episode with them took a month to sort out, many hours on the phone, and a complete inability to fix the problem. Whilst waiting, during one of the my numerous calls, for 30mins for the phone to be answered I did a Google search for BB choices and brought up a comparison site. Many providers offering unlimited BB for around £5/month, often with half price for a year.

So now am with EE on £3/month for a year which will rise to £6 after 12months. Effectively I'm using the same copper cable, owned by Openreach, and when a fault occurs will get the same Openreach engineer as I had with BT. I don't expect service to be any better but at least I'm now saving a decent amount of money.

Just call BT up and negotiate a new and better deal. (See my earlier post)..
Guess you will have to wait though till your existing (12 months?) contract is up.

I guess though sometimes you just need a bit of luck.

Some have had great a product and service from TT, other not.
I have had a great product and service from BT for many years now, again, others have not...

Be lucky........:thumb::thumb:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Following on from last post I got a email from Jeniffer saying she had forgotten she was on a training day Monday and she would ring me Tuesday which she did :thumb:The result is that I am no longer a customer of TT,agreed that I owe TT nothing and that she is sending me a check for £30 to say sorry- hardly the greatest paycheck I have recieved but since I did not have to ask or expect to be offered any such thing I count it as a plus :thumb:::bigsmile:
She has also done what I asked and sent me a email today confirming all of the above and states that I will get yet another bill from TT on the 28th but she is going into my account on the 29th to credit any monies owing and that will be the end of the matter.:thumb: She is also emailing to confirm on the 29th that she has done this and once again sends apoliigies
terry

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Moved from Virgin to Plusnet a few weeks ago. Highly recommend Plusnet. Faster, cheaper and much much better service.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings via TT at daughter's in Scotland. Moved from BT a couple of months ago, full TV package, very happy bunnies.

Strange old world.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp