LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well after listening to funster s I went and ordered line, BB and tv package from TT stating when I ordered it that if they did not get it right within the first 7 days I would be cancelling--Now my nightmare has began -they turned my phoneline on at 4.30 ish last Thursday after rewired from front of house to side and cutting my SKY /BT line preferably using there own.Phone went live, so did my BB using my sky router. Friday still had phone but no BB, then TT router came in post so connected but still no BB.Following a call to TT I was told no connection until after midnight. Called again stating it says live on Thursday and I had BB connection via my sky router so I should be on. Oh sorry sir bare with us and will see what we can do. On again.
Then Saturday had to call them again and they said line fault---but I had been on Thursday and Friday so no line fault so sort it or cancel !! Again back on after ten minute
Sunday no connection again so onto them again , sorry fault again,-told them to cancel everything again and got put through to yet another Indian friend reading from computer script, then transfered yet again and again and again!. After almost 3 hours of trying to cancel I get an English call center but transferred yet again, finally getting a manager who tells me I cannot cancel because it's 14 days since I signed up.Told him under distance selling regs I have 7 days from when I get goods IE router to cancel.I have not even got my tv box so just keep it all and cancel!
He ended up putting me through to a customer leason manager who agreed to cancel everything and send me a prepaid envelope to send router back
Sucess or so I thought
Will carry on with story tomorrow heehee
Terry

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Some would say very lucky escape

Talk talk is or was owned by carphonewharehouse

One may require this address

TalkTalk Telecom Group (AOL UK, Tiscali, Pipex, Nildram, Opal, Onetel, Talk Talk) Dido Harding, Chief Executive

TalkTalk Telecom Group

Dido Harding Chief Executive

E-mail dido.harding@talktalkplc.com
Telephone 0203 417 1000
Website http://www.talktalkgroup.com
Company Twitter @TalkTalkCare

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
Don't get me started on TalkTalk. They cut off my broadband alledging non payment. I had to send a copy of my bank statement to show they had taken the usual direct debit payment. They agreed to reinstate my service within 24 hours but didn't manage it, for 6 weeks, whilst still debiting my account. At the six week period they cut off my phone alledging non payment. At this point I had phoned every day, sometimes twice a day, had sent registered letters to the CEO and complained to OFCOM.
Luckily BT have a department specifically to rescue people who have been left in the lurch by these (and other shysters) and had me operational within 24 hours, albeit on a temporary phone number.
Sorry for the rant - every time I hear TalkTalk I come over a little strange.
My advice - get out whilst the goings good!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Just switched from Virgin to Plusnet. Can't recommend them enough. Excellent customer service and speed is faster than I had signed up for.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Been with TT for years. Can't fault them. Can't beat their deal.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Been with TT since Telco days, recently signed up for the TV deal got a superior router in the deal along with unlimited BB and free calls anytime, also pay my line rental 12 months in advance, £9.50 pm instead of BT £14.50, I have no problems with Talktalk, they suit me just fine:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you find your post Terry I did tell you that TT are hopeless if things go wrong yes they are cheap and when it works its ok BUT try getting them to actually put something right:Doh:.
I am suer they have loads of very happy customers but the ones with problems get fed up and leave before they ever sort it out because they talk the talk thats all

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I agree with the previous problems, had em all, my main gripe was the exceedingly slow broadband speeds, seriously peed me off, switched to BT , so far so good, verge good downlaod speeds, time will tell.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
TT are the pits, thier customer service is lower than a dashounds bollo___

take my ADVICE BUY A PHONE RECORDER and use it every time you speak to them, (if you want you can borrow mine)

I used them for my company phones untill last year, never never again.

Last edited:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
talk talk

ive had my ups and downs with them over the years. the one that sticks to mind is they didn't take their payments out of my bank for a year. then one day they sent me a bill for a years payments.i rang them and asked what are you playing at they told me why I never checked my account so I didn't know. after a lot of humpping and harring they reimbursed me with a full years payments so I check every thing now.but they are very hard to understand as they are all Asians not being racist but this is a problem steve:Blush:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you find your post Terry I did tell you that TT are hopeless if things go wrong yes they are cheap and when it works its ok BUT try getting them to actually put something right:Doh:.
I am suer they have loads of very happy customers but the ones with problems get fed up and leave before they ever sort it out because they talk the talk thats all
Yes Jhorsf you were they only one warning me-hence the get it right or cancel -cheers
TT are the pits, thier customer service is lower than a dashounds bollo___

take my ADVICE BUY A PHONE RECORDER and use it every time you speak to them, (if you want you can borrow mine)

I used them for my company phones untill last year, never never again.

I have recorded all cancelation calls on my phone getting them to clearly say there names etc and repeat what has been agreed--would not have enough recording time to do it all heehee
Edit asked them if they were recording, did not let them know I was
Terry
The story will continue later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
After the calls on SundayMonday morning I went and canceled DD at the bank.Monday afternoon they tried to deliver set top box (despite being assured Sunday that they wouldn't) I sent it back with delivery driver.
Wednesday afternoon a TT engineer turned up to check what the problem was ::bigsmile:(smiles started to work ::bigsmile:) asked me what problem was, told him I had been connected twice and canceled order, he said if I had been on then the problem was at there end.:Doh: so he never got in to check anything and went away moaning that they should have canceled him as well :thumb:
Thursday a lettercame asking if I was having financial difficulty as my DD has been stopped :Smile: please reinstate DD and thanks for being a TT customer :Eeek: That prompted another call to TT in which the Indian lady told me that my tv service had been stopped but the phone and BB where still on :Doh: Told her everything was stopped Sunday :thumb: she then reverted back to her computer script :shout::Doh: finally got her to say everything was canceled after telling her that I was recording us and no charges would be made :thumb: she then proceeds to ask if I was happy :Eeek: and if not did I want to speak to a manager :Smile: at that I gave up and await the next episode ::bigsmile:
Terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

I did have a problem a year or two ago, a very conscientious Indian woman went through all the possibilities with me and we sorted it by re-siting my router.

I think there's a lot of luck in this.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I did have a problem a year or two ago, a very conscientious Indian woman went through all the possibilities with me and we sorted it by re-siting my router.

I think there's a lot of luck in this.
Yep bad luck on my part (BLOODY SMILES HAVE PACKED UP AGAIN) :winky: ARRRRG started again ---all I am getting is ear ache now off the boss with I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO TO THEM :Doh:::bigsmile:
TERRY

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Been with TT for years. Can't fault them. Can't beat their deal.

Been with TT since Telco days, recently signed up for the TV deal got a superior router in the deal along with unlimited BB and free calls anytime, also pay my line rental 12 months in advance, £9.50 pm instead of BT £14.50, I have no problems with Talktalk, they suit me just fine:thumb:

Me too, only ever had 1 prob, and was talked thro it from A -Z Been with them since they took over from ONETEL

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
My internet disconnects when it feels like it sometimes there is no dialing tone either on the line after many calls and a visit from bt when it was working ok at the time I now just give up as the customer service is a joke with TT I am fed up with them

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thats half the problem, those who are with them are happy, us trying to go with them get messed around. I gave them from Thursday to Sunday to sort it, but after that it gets too close for comfort for me to cancel within the 7 day distance selling rules. As it was they tried to say 7 days after ordering until I told him they were talking rubbish, then he tried to persuade me that all would be well and he would send engineer out on Friday (one day after the 7 day rule) funny how the engineer turned up on the Wednesday::bigsmile:
Will see what next week brings :thumb: roll on the 9th when BT connection happens
Terry
Edit I don't think they will be getting there 18 mths contract monies from me

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Thats half the problem, those who are with them are happy, us trying to go with them get messed around. I gave them from Thursday to Sunday to sort it, but after that it gets too close for comfort for me to cancel within the 7 day distance selling rules. As it was they tried to say 7 days after ordering until I told him they were talking rubbish, then he tried to persuade me that all would be well and he would send engineer out on Friday (one day after the 7 day rule) funny how the engineer turned up on the Wednesday::bigsmile:
Will see what next week brings :thumb: roll on the 9th when BT connection happens
Terry
Edit I don't think they will be getting there 18 mths contract monies from me

im not saying they are better
but speak as i find
when i resinen to bt from sky
one email to the ceo of br on a sunday sorted my probs
following day i cant complain at that

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Been with TT since Telco days, recently signed up for the TV deal got a superior router in the deal along with unlimited BB and free calls anytime, also [HI]pay my line rental 12 months in advance, £9.50 pm instead of BT £14.50[/HI], I have no problems with Talktalk, they suit me just fine:thumb:

If you pay your BT line rental in advance it is £10 per month.

I do have to play them against the competition every year at renewal.
Currently I pay the line rental in advance so £10 per month as stated, and also have....

Totally unlimited BB, unlimited downloads, with a very fast speed,
Free inclusive phone calls,
The BT smart talk app on up to 5 mobiles (good for free 0800 and cheaper 0845 and 0870 numbers from your mobiles when out and about),
BT Fon and BT Wifi access.
As of August I will have both BT Sports TV channels in HD for free.
Free upgrades to the new hubs every time I renew the contract.
FREE BT Cloud online storage (which I have not tried yet)

All for the sum of £12 per month.

(I think normal price if you are daft enough to pay it is 2 to 3 times what I am paying).

I have to say I'm very happy with BT.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob

I am inclined to agree - having just had some problems, I rang to get it sorted....passed from pillar to post in some far off call centre where my problem wasnt on their script.

After a couple of hours I managed to get a UK call number - and they were able to fix the problem...however, I'd already decided they could shove it. Going to PlusNet ...

Oh...the problem? They migrated some accounts and got the name wrong. Nobody could change it. DD was bouncing and they kept sending reminders that i hadnt paid. Just plain dumb. If they cant do the basics...what they gonna do with a real technical problem.:Eeek:

Oh and PlusNet is the same price.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Personally I wouldn't touch talk talk with a bargepole.

Some years ago I was with Tiscali (now part of talktalk) for broadband. I had a letter saying my service would be taken off air for 2 hours on a particular day for essential maintenance.

Basically it went off and never came back. I rang many many times - to India - and didn't get anywhere, and eventually left them. Funnily enough about 6 weeks later I had a call from them saying the fault had now been fixed. I told them I had now fixed it by going elsewhere.

But the story didn't end there.

About 3 years later I was perusing the direct debits in my bank account and noticed a new one had appeared in favour of talktalk. Since I had never had any dealings with talktalk this seemed wrong. Rang the bank, they said they had just received it. So I cancelled it. I set about ringing talk talk - not easy since I had no account with them. Eventually I discovered that what they were doing was changing all of the previous DD authorities from companies they had taken over (in my case Tiscali) to talk talk. Even though, in my case, my Tiscali account had been cancelled for 3 years! To be fair they did not try to take any money, but even so I was furious.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Was with PLUSNET before jioning Sky and before BT took over Plusnet ::bigsmile: no problemsat all :thumb: and yes I have opted for 12 mths line rental in advance which is also what I had done with TT just glad I opted to pay after the set up.:thumb:
Cannot fault the package deal from TT it's just getting them to instal it right at there end :winky::Eeek:Never mind BT is looking promising :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update, Monday the prepaid envolpe was recieved and router was sent back :thumb:
Wednesday I got a bill for £42.06 inc £4.50 because I was no longer paying by DD :Eeek:::bigsmile: Rang them up and was told eveything was still live and nothing had been cancelled,but then told all cancelled and to ignore any future bills :Eeek:
Today I sent an email to the CEO :thumb: so will update as and when I get a reply-perhaps the CEO can send a email confirming cancelation ?:Sad:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
WOW just got a reply from Dido Harding, one of his minions is looking into it :thumb: sent from his I phone so he must have sent it himself :Eeek:::bigsmile: Now that is a surprise :Smile: I was expecting a reply from someone who is PA had given instruction to :winky:
Terry
Edit cheers Tofo the email works

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I tried TT a few years ago, but we have a fibre optic line so at the time TT couldn,t get it to work, I cancelled and got my money back for the router ok, I then tried Sky calls and BB their BB was like TT so cancelled it but kept the tele calls, after a while I cancelled the calls and returned to BT, all was well for a short while until Sky started up ( my calls again on their own say so ) so I was getting to bills for the same calls ie BT and SKY, It must have took the best part of 12 months to finally get rid of SKY, so the question is I am now with o2 which is going to SKY shortly, I am thinking of going to BT wher I have my calls and line rental from for BB after what happened with SKY last time . Pete :Sad::Sad:

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
WOW just got a reply from Dido Harding, one of his minions is looking into it :thumb: sent from his I phone so he must have sent it himself :Eeek:::bigsmile: Now that is a surprise :Smile: I was expecting a reply from someone who is PA had given instruction to :winky:
Terry
Edit cheers Tofo the email works

thanks for the thanks

cant take all the credit

it was originally from a mr shiffty thread

here is the address for many many

ceo email addresses

http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Update, Monday the prepaid envolpe was recieved and router was sent back :thumb:
Wednesday I got a bill for £42.06 inc £4.50 because I was no longer paying by DD :Eeek:::bigsmile: Rang them up and was told eveything was still live and nothing had been cancelled,but then told all cancelled and to ignore any future bills :Eeek:
Today I sent an email to the CEO :thumb: so will update as and when I get a reply-perhaps the CEO can send a email confirming cancelation ?:Sad:::bigsmile:
terry

a strangly simular tale, when moved form tt to bt, :Doh:NEVER NEVER again would I EVER do bussiness with tt.

and the sooner I get away form AOL the better

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: just had another call from TT from Sammy or Sally -customer relations team asking if my problems have been sorted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile: after asking if the call was ordered from CEO office she assured me nothing to do with email :Smile: but did put me onto a nice man from customer billing team who again assured me everything cancelled but more importantly credited my account with the call£42.06 owed to them :Doh: and because my account is dead at midnight tonight it will generate a bill and letter to say so in the next couple of day's :thumb:
I now have over 2 hours of about half the calls I have made not including all the time I have been put on hold-lifes getting shorter ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
a strangly simular tale, when moved form tt to bt, :Doh:NEVER NEVER again would I EVER do bussiness with tt.

and the sooner I get away form AOL the better

I found out about AOL about 20 yrs ago when I first got a computer :Smile: anything with AOL goes stright into the bin
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back