Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Indeed, they did not all judder.

Judder is about a vibration of the whole vehicle. That means every design is different depending on the stiffness of the whole.

Of course it's possible that a non-judderer could judder later as the body ages.

Yes Brian I have that problem:winky:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I have had the 3lt model Fiat its now 3 year old done 17000 miles and have not had any judder driven in all roads and reversed up steep hills no problems

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Is it possible that there might be one X250 based MH out there without reverse judder or does it apply to every single one?

No reversing judder on my 2010 X250 2.3. Now got just shy of 10k miles on the clock.

Strangely, when the van was brand new, pulling away in first produced a certain amount of clutch judder. But within about 1,500 miles it all settled down. And the clutch is a dream now - going backwards or forwards, including reversing up some pretty steep inclines. :thumb:

Runs out of warranty in less than 6 weeks time, so hope it stays OK. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Am I missing something, Fiat have known about this judder fault for a number of years, why do newly produced vans still require a post production mod kit to be fitted:Doh:

You missed the fact that FIAT stands for FIX IT AGAIN TOMORROW.:ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
as far as i recall it was only a real problem with the 3 litre model mainly due to the gear ratio being too high and a soft rubber engine mounting.
having driven a few 3 litre X-250 vans i have noticed there are some different gearbox ratios available and the one i have in my motorhome is considerably lower than the one fitted in a panel van.
i have not noticed any really bad juddering on any of the ones i have driven but a small vibration whilst the clutch is slipping which stops when the clutch pedal is fully out.

the auto ones didn't seem to suffer with this as the clutch is controlled by the gearbox computer and i think they had a lower overall gear ratio.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
The 2008 Fiat x250 I had was fixed under warranty by the local Fiat franchise. They replaced clutch, engine mountings, and modified the gearbox and also did some remapping of the electronics resulting in a marked improvement and a bill of over £2000 paid by Fiat (and that was at trade prices) but I never felt confident with the vehicle so I now drive a Transit based MH no problems to date, personally I wouldn't consider another Fiat based vehicle after my juddering experience.

John.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
If anyone has a problem they need to speak to Fiat camper customer services and registrer the problem and get an incedent number. without it "you dont gave a recognised problem" and there will be no follow up by Fiat.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

I have just spoken to the Fiat camper customer services line and obtained an incident number from them.

The main thing is that according to Fiat there is NO problem.
They are checking everything and talking to North East Truck and Van, who I went too, and someone will ring me in a couple of days. We will see.

She checked the recalls and said that there was nothing outstanding on my MH and as there was nothing wrong, there was nothing to fix.

Now I will just have to wait and see.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
When dealing with the reversing problem I made a nuisance of myself and kept pestering Fiat customer services eventually a very nice lady (whose name I can't remember) arranged for the work to be carried out at a time and place that was convenient to me . I was always polite and never made any threats but was very very persistent so don't give in just make yourself a pain in the a$$e it worked for me :Smile: but then being a pain in the butt probably comes natural to me.::bigsmile:

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back